Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

No, I am using one of the small soldier mods. BTW I stopped using the CC2 stuff after I had upscaled a few maps. Kanov was right, they are just too green.  Idea

Brake said that Girly Soldiers would not allow a BANZAI CHARGE.  Confused

So, I thought to myself, WAIT!, I have done many Banzai charges. IN ALL VERSIONS OF CCMT.  Idea  (DAK_Legion)

Last edited by Stwa on Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:51 am Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
I much prefer the classic CC3 style. We played for years without this "feature" and the game was fine.

Translation: I like CC when the psycological soldier constraints are turned off. You know, an arcade game.

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Now to have to constantly give repeated orders to every team over and over just to move a short distance. It gets annoying. I hate it most for H2H play when time is short and you just can't manage to give repeat orders to ever damn unit on the map every second of the game.  Laughing

Isn't this just a wee bit of an exaggeration.  Idea

So lets say there are 15 units under Brake's command. Lets say there is 1 minute or 60 seconds until time expires. AND the mad dash for the VLs is on.

So 15 x 60 = 900 orders that Brake has to issue in the last minute of gameplay.  Razz

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:04 am Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
I think it was the fact that you can't issue points to a side to somehow limit them in what you can pick. That's the real killer of this game IMO. Sure you can have like a gentlemen agreement and choose only infantry of certain kind etc but really, you need a system built into it to make it desirable for the people to actually want to play it competitively.

Hi Kanov, I hope you are doing well.

Thanks, I'm doing fine I hope you too.
Stwa wrote (View Post):

First of all, a lot of people that did get CCMT, still don't understand its capabilities. First of all, USMC used an officer that would design multiplayer scenarios for its training center participants. The designer of any scenario has the ability to LOCK that scenario, so that the participants cannot make changes to the teams that have been assigned to them. This can also be done with CCMT.

But multiplayer guys want to be able to design a scenario where multiple choices of units can be made, not to have a static scenario where always the same forces are used.

I want to be given certain amount of points and then choose a King tiger and a sniper if I want to, or next round go all infantry, that is where the fun of single battle multiplayer experience comes IMO.

Stwa wrote (View Post):

In their circulars about CCM, the USMC reminded everyone that CCM was for training and tactics, not for competition. In fact, the initial release of CCMT, did not show or in some cases, even use victory locations, because the USMC did not stress victory locations in their training sessions. The USMC explained that small unit battlefields and battles were more fluid and dynamic. Stressing victory locations might result in a lack of dicilpline that originates from the human behavior of competition.

but CCMT was released to the common people who want to have fun, not only for the Marines...

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:32 am Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

But multiplayer guys want to be able to design a scenario where multiple choices of units can be made, not to have a static scenario where always the same forces are used. I want to be given certain amount of points and then choose a King tiger and a sniper if I want to, or next round go all infantry, that is where the fun of single battle multiplayer experience comes IMO.

Sure, I understand that, so we are different. I have never played CCMT multiplayer, but I have played single player. And the human player can make edits to the Battlegroup so long as the scenario is not locked. So I can have it both ways.

but CCMT was released to the common people who want to have fun, not only for the Marines...

I am not sure if CCMT was meant for the Marines. A more accurate statement would be as follows:

CSO and Matrix released CCMT to the common people so they might enjoy the small unit tactical trainer that the USMC had been using for years.

It is too bad you could not have fun with that. I have had tons of fun with CCMT since its release. The whole tie-in with the USMC makes it all the more fun for moi. Competition is just not part of the equation.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:26 am Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

So, over time I have gradually learned TOAW. It has a learning curve.

But, to discover just how lame the CC game campaigns are, just play some other games that are serious. No timer bug in this game.  Idea

So now days, I just dont do real time games that much. It was fun while it lasted.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:37 am Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

Haha. Great video TIK.
Stwa said he is keen to play !Multiplayer!

Rtb has multiple airstrikes. A great feature. I have wanted this for a long time.

I played a Utah mod that took buildings windows into account with LOS.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
Haha. Great video TIK.
Stwa said he is keen to play !Multiplayer!

Rtb has multiple airstrikes. A great feature. I have wanted this for a long time.

I played a Utah mod that took buildings windows into account with LOS.

Thanks Antony! :)

I'm surprised multiple off site artillery and air strikes isn't in the other games since CCMT. How is this not a standard thing?

Do you like the LOS-through-windows-only thing? I can kinda see why they didn't put that in the other games, especially since you can't arrange your teams so well to aim out windows, but I do think it's good overall.

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

[quote="TheImperatorKnight";p="80590"]
Antony_nz wrote (View Post):

Do you like the LOS-through-windows-only thing? I can kinda see why they didn't put that in the other games, especially since you can't arrange your teams so well to aim out windows, but I do think it's good overall.

awww yea..
It worked very well.

But at the same time. I find multiplayer hard enough. And its not like a being in a building is a unrealistic game changer. I believe the advantage of being in a building is usually balanced in Close Combat.    
And the window system does restrict view... And because you cant control the position of every individual soldier. I think having no window system reflects the fact soldiers are using there initiative to get a shot..
I just use my imagination. Just like how you have to imagine all the floors are being used accordingly on multistory buildings.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

Maybe you can test this.....

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/ccmt.html

WALK THROUGT WALL FOR CCMT By Captain

heia Safari!!

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Maybe you can test this.....

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/ccmt.html

WALK THROUGT WALL FOR CCMT By Captain

Interesting! I'll check it out - although I'm assuming it'll just be the same as the other CC's.

Also, CC2 Redux is pretty good! The battles seem to flow a lot nicer than they did in CC2.

@Anthony. Yeah, you're right that it's a "either or" sort of thing. I guess it comes down to preference. Maybe it should be an option in the realism settings of the games, below "Always Obey Orders"

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):

I'm surprised multiple off site artillery and air strikes isn't in the other games since CCMT. How is this not a standard thing?

That is one of the mysteries of CC which I have never understood. Each release should have built on top of the previous and features should be able to be turned on or off for the campaign or players preference.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):

That is one of the mysteries of CC which I have never understood. Each release should have built on top of the previous and features should be able to be turned on or off for the campaign or players preference.

I agree so much with this. They've gotten so much usable feedback and ideas from the cc players since even before Matrix started giving out the new CCs, and while they've done some smaller changes in every version they gave out, they never actually put all of them together for one game. It's like they are pretending they are painting works of art, they make one game in a particular way which does contain a few good features but then the next game lacks those features and they implemented something completely different instead.

Instead of having any actual development in the series we now have several slightly different games that all have a few semi-compatible elements in them, even though none of them stands out as more advanced or superior to the rest of them.

I don't get the idea behind that.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

DoktorPaj wrote (View Post):
Instead of having any actual development in the series we now have several slightly different games that all have a few semi-compatible elements in them, even though none of them stands out as more advanced or superior to the rest of them. I don't get the idea behind that.

And along the way it seems they would just cut and paste some of the code line to make the next game, re-introducing past bugs over and over again.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:52 am Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

This was pretty funny...

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:12 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
This was pretty funny...

It is the type of "funny" that makes one want to barf.  Exclamation

While I have mostly enjoyed single player, the problem with single player games can be summed with 3 screen shots. It can never be fixed.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: CC Modern Tactics First Impressions Video (don't tell St Reply with quote

Back in the day, one of my favorite activities was exposing the mindless AI.

5 Sherman tanks vs 5 50mm anti tank guns. Apart from the fact that the human player performs the deployment for the guns, the keyboard and mouse are never touched during the game.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: