Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1166
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 220.9
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:43 am Post subject: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

There's currently three ways to install mods for GTC.

1. Manually - works with both Steam and Matrix installs
2. Auto-installer - works with Matrix version only
3. Generic Mod Enabler - similar to a modern Config Manager, works with Steam and Matrix

Option 2 is the easiest. We know from experience most computer users will not, can not, or don't know how to navigate file/folder structures. This eliminates the need to really know anything. The mod will install just like an other Windows application but only works with the Matrix downloaded version.

Option 3 works with Steam and Matrix. You have to unzip the JSGME (modern Config Manager) into \Close Combat Gateway to Caen\ folder. Then you unzip the mod into \Close Combat Gateway to Caen\mods folder. Run JSGME.exe to install the mod. Not complicated for anyone whos used a mod, but complicated enough for many to pass.

The best way to host these mods is to have a singular way to install. Do you have any input?

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Cobalth-77

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

Sorry, never installed a mod for GTC.
I have the Steam version, and the few mods that are available here are for Matrix version.

Never used the third option.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

Option 3 would be the best. Since many people (including me) have the Steam version of the game.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

In Config Manager you had Conflict IDs. If used correctly in the install.txt file it would stop you from installing mods on top of mods. JSGME has nothing like this as far as I can tell. We'd have to be extra careful with this. Unfortunately there's not enough mods out to try and break the install.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

There are 3 finished mods for GTC that I know of. Theres a few more but from the forum posts looks like theres problems with them.

Blood Mod
Hick's Sound Mod
TIK's Small Map Mod

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

Same problem with the other releases.

Everyone makes there Mod using the /D switch
But never uses ModSwap.

Btw........A Mod Created using Modswap is the only way one can play through Game Ranger

dj

Rep: 156.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:52 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

Auto-installer is my vote

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:45 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

auto installer

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

jakebullet70

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

I like 3 as it works with anything.
Also 3 can be automated with an INNO or PS script.

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

Just wanted to chip in on this. The reason I used JSGME for my mod was because it was simple to figure out how to get it to work. I wouldn't say it was complicated since you just have to extract the small map mod into the main CC GWTC directory and it does it all for you (you could include a readme file to say where the main GWTC directory is in case people don't know). So as long as modders set up their zip files to include JSGME in with the mod it'll be easier from the player's point of view because they just need to extract.

If you want to see an example of how quick and easy it is to install, I made a video on how to install it, and the whole process takes about a minute to do https://youtu.be/BOUastcNzZ4?t=36s

If you compare that to some of the older mods where you have to go through a lengthy process just to get it installed... e.g. http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=92  ...I think it's quite easy.

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:57 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

Config Manager is basically the same as JSGME. Neither are complicated for us. The problem is really how little to nothing many people know about files and directories. You can operate Windows with no knowledge of them, and that's where many of the players are coming from.

With the auto-install, there is no need for any videos or text based guides, but it leaves out the Steam users.

An auto-installer can be made to work with both versions, I have no idea how to make it work though. Someone else needs to step up for that to happen.

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:37 pm Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

I guess we shouldn't use the auto-installers then if we can't figure out how to get it to work with Steam. At least until someone creates one that does work for Steam. That's the direction Matrix seem to be pushing the series, and that's where a good portion of the new players (who won't know how to install mods) will be coming from.

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

BluesAlchemist

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

When I try to install the Au Shau mod using the auto-installer I get a message that says special characters not allowed. BTW I have the GOG version of the game. When I try to delete the illegal characters it fails to recognize the pathway. Any suggestions please?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:43 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

I prefer the auto-installer with mods in the /D sub directory as it allows me to have many mods installed at the same time.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:45 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

For the Steam version is there an error when you try to use the auto-installer? Or is the problem people do not know to go to their desktop to click on the mod shortcut?

BluesAlchemist

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:57 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

I don't know how to do that trick with multiple mods you are referring to. I could probably learn. I am using the GOG version, not Steam.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:53 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

/D option is only in COI (latest version, just released), WAR, TLD, LSA,PiF & GtC.

Mods that use the auto-installer create a short cut on your desktop and put the mod in its own sub directory under your CC game.

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:44 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

It seems since the 5.502b update to TLD, the existing modswapper utlity no longer works properly.

It doesnt seem to 'hide' the vanilla files properly like it's supposed to according to the mod.ini file, and this causes crashes when hitting 'play game' from the main menu

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 am Post subject: Re: GTC Mod Installation Standard - Need Your Input Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
It seems since the 5.502b update to TLD, the existing modswapper utlity no longer works properly.

It doesnt seem to 'hide' the vanilla files properly like it's supposed to according to the mod.ini file, and this causes crashes when hitting 'play game' from the main menu

Which plugin are you trying to install?

I've the latest TLD installed now and can assist troubleshooting.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: