Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
poli

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcinT wrote:
GS_Schimpf wrote:
If it only happens very seldom, I'm ok with it.
You should not forget that tanks also need wheels to keep their tracks on the ground. Jusdt imagine that the mortar shell damaged those wheels or the suspension.

Agree ! There is always chance that 82mm shell damage a track or wheel ... just use imagine Wink

I have had the same- but somehow my own mortar fire does little to no damage to Russian tanks. While mine get immobilised , thos damn russian takes a full 50 mortar shells and keeps rolling..

I havnt noticed any over powered Russian At rifles- just avoid high buildings:)

however- the KV-1's are mighty strong- are they supposed to "sightless' and have poor accuracy? Im asking cus Ive just watched my BG lose 4 panzers to 2 Kv-1,s that were more than 600m away. And those Kv-1's just flattend my at guns-panzers -everything.. very accurate!

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@Marcin:
PTRS was better than PTRD but needed to be operated by tought soldier while PTRD was v easy to operat.

PTRS has faster reload speed for each 5 shots(clip) then need time to reload clip and fast shooting again.

@poli:

happens Wink.

have u read about KV tank at Rassenei that cut supply route of german inf div for several days?

tip: Tanx must maneuvre to win.Move,hide,outmaneuvre while ATGs should cover their maneuvres Twisted Evil .

Last edited by Dima on Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

MarcinT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:

have u read about KV tank at Rassenei that cut supply route of german inf div for several days?

To be more accuracy - that was KV2 (or maybe i was wrong) Rolling Eyes

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

KV1 and KV2 had same armor... that what i meant

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

But in the case you mentioned, the bigger gun of the KV2 made it impossible for the germans to get close enough without suffering to much losses.They only managed to immobilize it. Not until the germans got a battery of 88s to the scene they were able to kill the KV2, but at that moment the crew already surrendered due to lack of ammo.

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

btw it is still unsure what type of KV was there, as in german documents and memoirs it is called simply KW.

that's report of german high ranked officers when they were US POW after WW2.
'One KV cut supply route in northern bridgehead area.It blocked it for several days.First it burned column of trucks loaded with ammunition and food.We couldn't reach that monster as that road ran in the middle of swamps.Our first line units lost supplies.They couldn't get hvy wounded to the rear and they died.We tried to destroy tank by means of 50mm ATGs battery at range of 500m but it led to hvy casualties among crew and several guns were lost.KV remained undamaged, althought we discovered lately that it received 14 direct hits but they left only blue spots on its armour.We moved 88mm AA gun,tank allowed it to take position at 700m and then destroyed it bfr crew could fire single shot.In the night engineers with mines were sent.They set charges in rite places but they could only tore off several pieces from tracks.Tank remained mobile and continued to block our supply route.For first days KV's crew was supplied by encircled red army soldiers and civilians but then we set blockade around tank.However even that isolation didn't force tankers to abandon tank.So we decided to make a trick.50 german tanx began to shoot at KV from 3 approaches to pay it's attention.Meanwhile 88mm AA gun secretly took position in the rear of KV.It hit tank 12 times and 3 shells penetrated armour and destroyed it.'

no crewman surrendered :Cool .

Last edited by Dima on Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So there must be different versions of this story.

Anyways, the big heavy tanks were indeed a big problem for the Germans in early stages of war against Russia.

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: