Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:01 am Post subject: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:03 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:05 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:31 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:45 pm Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:22 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:28 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:00 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

There are a handful of things any player can do to create more parity with the AI. It is just that players like to stomp the AI. That is more fun.

1. Play with a system that makes soldiers "hit the dirt" when they take substantial fire. (girly soldiers)

2. Never instruct your teams to fire. Not even your mortars. In fact, use off-map mortar strikes instead.

3. Allow only one team to be moved at a time. Move in order. Top to bottom left to right, from team monitor during battle.

4. Accept the deployment the system gives you.

5. Never play with a "run through walls" mod.

6. Impose new victory conditions. If you lose a vehicle, or do not rout (off the map) the enemy AI, then you lose.

7. Never use a ww2 map less than 12x12 or greater than 20x20 deployment tiles.

8. Restrict the number of victory locations from 4-8, depending upon the size of the map.

Most players will not agree, since most players like an arcade game, like RTW or CC5.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

And last but most important, you should develop a good set of column rules to construct a battlegroup. And your soldiers, teams, and their sizes will all make subtle differences.

There are 3 columns for each battlegroup. Working left to right, that would be column 1, 2, and 3.

In column 1 and 2, you can only use infantry teams and squads, which must be accompanied by a command squad. In the battlegroup screen below, that would include all the teams down through Aufklärer. Supporting teams and vehicles are all the remaining stuff.

Column 3 may be just like column 1 or 2, or alternatively supply supporting teams and/or vehicles. You cannot use more than 2 vehicles of any kind and you cannot use more than 2 of the same support team or vehicle.

These rules are easy to remember. And this represents the only type of battlegroup you can field.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:11 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Arrow

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:33 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Are you deleting your attachments or is there a problem with the server?

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:07 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

I am deleting the attachments. The png files are a lot larger than the jpg files.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:31 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Rgr, the quota is unlimited, no need to worry about space requirements.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:36 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Stwa, I decided to try the suggestion you made about not directing the fire of the units and it worked pretty well. In fact, it might have worked better with the units firing on the enemy units that were more a threat to them as individual units instead of me telling them what I think is more important. I am going to try that in some other battles and see how it goes.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:00 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
Stwa, I decided to try the suggestion you made about not directing the fire of the units and it worked pretty well. In fact, it might have worked better with the units firing on the enemy units that were more a threat to them as individual units instead of me telling them what I think is more important. I am going to try that in some other battles and see how it goes.

Good point, it lets the soldiers themselves discern their target priority.

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:14 am Post subject: Re: WW2 Tactics CC2-GTC Reply with quote

Defend causes soldiers to take the highest probability shot. This is the way to play in a 'target rich environment'. I use the Fire command only when a high value target is obscured or I want suppression/area fire. One trick is to use Fire on terrain to get a tank to start rotating its turret towards an enemy vehicle approaching its LOS in that direction, then cancel the Fire order with Defend before it shoots at the terrain and allow it to engage on its own.

The other advantage to using Defend rather than Fire is that your unit remains unseen much longer. MGs and AT units should never get the Fire order unless its necessary. If you use Fire with MGs & ATs they remain spotted as long as any enemy unit has LOS to them. The AI will then make them its high priority targets.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

Jump to: