Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

I like it very much, the issue with the impassable walls and working doors and windows has been challenging to take into account when deploying and re-deploying say, a machinegun. I love the unit art! and the coloring of uniforms etc. Very good Dfox. I got used to the no-shadows after a couple of battles.

I do find odd the time gaps in the strat map, it is another take on the issue of time in this game I guess.

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Yes it seems that lines of sight or fire in buildings are obstructed.  But open terrain is fine.  

Wondering about the campaigns vs operations.  Is it best to play "Grand Campaign" or break-up into separate timeframes?  When I started Grand Campaign, I only saw 3 units on strat map and looked like the Germans were already cut-off by Allied positions.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:14 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

The arab unit fighting for the French  are fighting better than the French themselves. LOL!

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
When I started Grand Campaign, I only saw 3 units on strat map and looked like the Germans were already cut-off by Allied positions.

It's normal and Axis are not cut-off.  The main idea of the mod is strategic meeting engagement. Allies control only one map - Beja - and fight Axis in Medjez el Bab and Djebel Abiod. Axis control roads to these areas from their supply bases - Tunis and Bizerte. All other maps are not occupated. So it's a race for Tunisia!  Twisted Evil

dj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:35 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Thanks...yes I got confused on the strategic map.  When I started to move Italians, it appeared that the other maps were vacant as opposed to occupied by the Allies.

Cobalth-77

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

I finished the GC with the Germans.
It seemed that none of my teams ever got winded or fatigued (bad install?)

I didn't find it easy to get LOS on the maps I played on.
One of the last battles I had to almost run over the allied troops with my tanks to kill them.
When I started I expected to have easy LOS on the open maps.

Otherwise interesting mod, with a lot of stuff I'm not used to.
Like the totally different use of walls and doors of the buildings.
Sometimes it was very difficult to see that there was a dent in the map or that it was a hight.
I once had that one of my tanks seemed to be upside down against a ceiling.

And one time a French (all rifled) BG knocked out my 88-gun from more than 300m ?

But I had a lot of fun.
Nice job guys !

Dfox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Cobalth-77 wrote (View Post):
One of the last battles I had to almost run over the allied troops with my tanks to kill them.

Well, some open maps have a lot of bush and it's not very easy to find there lying infantry teams...

SheytanArba

Rep: 0.8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:35 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Dfox wrote (View Post):

Well, some open maps have a lot of bush and it's not very easy to find there lying infantry teams...

Welcome to desert warfare. I have friend from Tunisia with whom i served, i told him to try this mod as i cant play CC5 now, he gave it best praises and said and i quote: "This brought me back to Latakiya, dude, this is closesest to real thing i saw in games ever, tnx for telling me for this game. Shukran akhi, qad tuetik allah almawt jayidom"

Basiclly he is giving mod 10/10 but he dosnt use www.closecombatseries.net
Keep good work guys, mods like this can revive older CC games.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:17 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Just a note to all

There is a cool video after the matrix logo video about Tunisia if you wait, you have to have show videos ticked of course.

dj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

You're from Syria?  Close Combat after all these years is still the most realistic game on the market.

SheytanArba wrote (View Post):
Dfox wrote (View Post):

Welcome to desert warfare. I have friend from Tunisia with whom i served, i told him to try this mod as i cant play CC5 now, he gave it best praises and said and i quote: "This brought me back to Latakiya, dude, this is closesest to real thing i saw in games ever, tnx for telling me for this game. Shukran akhi, qad tuetik allah almawt jayidom"

Basiclly he is giving mod 10/10 but he dosnt use www.closecombatseries.net
Keep good work guys, mods like this can revive older CC games.

dj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up on that video.  Very good original film.   I have to say the AI is surprisingly tough on this mod like someone else said.  Did get a crash in one of the eastern maps when British commandos roamed south to meet a Panzer brigade.  Forgot the name of map but it keeps crashing and caused CC to abort.

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
Just a note to all

There is a cool video after the matrix logo video about Tunisia if you wait, you have to have show videos ticked of course.

Dfox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Did get a crash in one of the eastern maps when British commandos roamed south to meet a Panzer brigade.  Forgot the name of map but it keeps crashing and caused CC to abort.

Hi, can you place printscreen of error here http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11297

dj

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

strange...it kept crashing.  now it works fine after I had to re-boot and start game over.  looks good now

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

For me the game crashes when viewing enemy squads before a battle sometimes (cheating), but it ALWAYS saves progress automatically before the crash.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:23 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
For me the game crashes when viewing enemy squads before a battle sometimes (cheating), but it ALWAYS saves progress automatically before the crash.

Yes, that happened to me, too. But just for a particular BG (French mixed with British Paras) during GC as playing germans.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:28 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

I finished the GC with a win
D fox
The mod makes me interested in reading up on Tunisia and ww2 more.
A very good mod!

I liked the maps and it was cool to see some of the leaders from the Normandy battles stomping around down there.

What I liked.
-Looks like you put some research into the units generals etc.
-Maps were beautiful especially near the sea.
-Vehicles and units were nice!
-Cool intro video
-Sound

I didn't like the buildings, the view was just too narrow at windows and maybe like 2 men out of a full squad the squads could see out of them
Minor crashes
Troops get caught in some walled buildings resulting in fatigue.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:10 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

I have played as the Germans with the different GCs to see how they operate. I am enjoying it more now that I have a sense on how the Allies conduct their units. At first it was like trying to corral a bunch of cats. Since I had so few units it came down to where do I best deploy them to keep the Allies from breaking out and surrounding my few units. I think the German armored unit needs a few more infantry as it doesn't take very long for them to get all shot up if I use them as my forward units so as to not use the tanks.

Very well done though with beautiful maps.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:48 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Vehicles are isometric, nice touch, not done in any other mod as far as I remember.

WW2 tactics uses isometric vehicles. But, WW2 Tactics is not a mod.

wi0001

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

When I click "play the game", the system tells me“No Scenario found  You need to reinstall Close Combat”.
how can I solve this problem?

Dfox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:27 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
I think the German armored unit needs a few more infantry as it doesn't take very long for them to get all shot up if I use them as my forward units so as to not use the tanks.

Hi,

Agree with you that German armored units need more infantry, but I tried to configure all battle groups based on available documents. For example, Gruppe Lueder at the beginning of the operation "Ochsenkopf" had a lot of tanks and only one platoon of pioneers !

Ochsenkopf-7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.81 KB
 Viewed:  15242 Time(s)

Ochsenkopf-7.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: