Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:16 pm Post subject: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer/Graphics mods/GtC Explosions/For COI

install and activate in Mod Swap

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/ScnelleMeyer/Graphics%20mods/GtC%20Explosions/For%20COI/

expl.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  694.7 KB
 Viewed:  802 Time(s)

expl.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Roger5

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
ScnelleMeyer/Graphics mods/GtC Explosions/For COI

install and activate in Mod Swap

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/ScnelleMeyer/Graphics%20mods/GtC%20Explosions/For%20COI/  

Hi! Very nice. Is burning vehicles included? I mean fire.

Best regards

Roger

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

This upgrade has really improved Cross of Iron. It's compatible with half the mods. Here is a screenshot of a Russian Stuart Tank firing a round at German infantry in Stalingrad! Mod.

UO0040.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  889.16 KB
 Viewed:  794 Time(s)

UO0040.jpg

Last edited by US_Brake on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:48 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Roger5

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

This upgrade has really improved Cross of Iron. It's compatible with all the mods. Here is a screenshot of a Russian Stuart Tank firing a round at German infantry.

Even Real Red Jabos?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

I found that some COI mods do have conflicts with GtC Explosions. This is something that could be fixed but will require some work. Many of the new plug-ins have CC4 Explosions installed that may be the source of incompatibility in modswap.

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Is it possible to extract and import into the original CC3 release?

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Hey Hicks

I did not test it in CC3 but I guess you could extract it, backup your CC3  "VFX.zfx" file and try to put the COI version in CC3.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

This one slipped by me.

SchnelleMeyer I'd like to add the mod to the database here. Could you assign a version number and include a readme.txt? Disregard if you have already, I am unable to check the .cc3 file at the moment.

Hicks

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:01 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Hey Hicks

I did not test it in CC3 but I guess you could extract it, backup your CC3  "VFX.zfx" file and try to put the COI version in CC3.

Thank you very much! That seems to be working like a charm. Needed to install the mod into Cross of Iron first but was able to transfer the file as you described into CC3.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:49 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Nice to see that it worked for you Hicks. Hope you enjoy the mod.

Mooxe: I think I wrote version 1.0 on in each mod description, but I can verify that. - I will place readme files in the subfolders here this weekend :

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/ScnelleMeyer/Graphics%20mods/GtC%20Explosions/

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:52 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

DAK_Legion taught me how to add the new explosions to plug-ins. I hope to upgrade all COI mods in the near future.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:35 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

DAK_Legion taught me how to add the new explosions to plug-ins. I hope to upgrade all COI mods in the near future.

Can I ask why? Is GTC graphics just that much better? What makes GTC Graphics better?

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

New graphics explosions

heia Safari!!

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:49 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Stwa : Reading the feedback after I converted the GtC explosions and smoke graphics to the older releases, makes me think this is worthwhile mod to add because it feels like an upgrade in realism compared to the "classic" explosions and smoke effects.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:16 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Stwa : Reading the feedback after I converted the GtC explosions and smoke graphics to the older releases, makes me think this is worthwhile mod to add because it feels like an upgrade in realism compared to the "classic" explosions and smoke effects.

OK,

I tried the plugin, but I am sticking with classic explosions in WW2 Tactics. However, I am using the actual GTC explosions in PiTF.

AngloSniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:08 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the burning vehicle smoke from GTC was ever made available for other versions? To clarify I have added it to LSA but I only get the new explosions, not the smoke. Thanks.

I have since figured out that this only seems to be a problem with LSA. Can anyone advise how to get GTC smoke in LSA?

"We sure liberated the hell out of this place" - Anon American Soldier, St Lo, France, 1944.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Hi sniper,

I probably forgot to include the smoke in the LSA version.. But you could unpack it from TLD or any other version that has it and include in a repacked Effects.azp for LSA.

AngloSniper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:18 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

Hi sniper,

I probably forgot to include the smoke in the LSA version.. But you could unpack it from TLD or any other version that has it and include in a repacked Effects.azp for LSA.

Hey thanks for the response ScnelleMeyer. Dummy question, but is that process as simple as copying the effects.azp from GTC and dropping it into the same location in LSA?

Cheers

"We sure liberated the hell out of this place" - Anon American Soldier, St Lo, France, 1944.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

No, the effects.azp from GtC is definately not compatible. I spent a considerable time and effort to convert them to look their best in the older CC releases. - See related post on this on the modding forum her on CSS.net
Difference being that the GtC edition has 32.bit graphics with an alpha channel - and the older has 16bit graphics and no alpha channel.

This is why I wrote that you have to change out the smoke graphics from LSA with the one from the TLD edition of the GtC explosion mod and then repack.

AngloSniper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:25 am Post subject: Re: Graphics mod - GtC Explosions for COI by ScnelleMeyer Reply with quote

No, the effects.azp from GtC is definately not compatible. I spent a considerable time and effort to convert them to look their best in the older CC releases. - See related post on this on the modding forum her on CSS.net
Difference being that the GtC edition has 32.bit graphics with an alpha channel - and the older has 16bit graphics and no alpha channel.

This is why I wrote that you have to change out the smoke graphics from LSA with the one from the TLD edition of the GtC explosion mod and then repack.

Hey, thanks for elaborating. Im a total rookie at game modding but I have to say applying these mods has probably taught me more than I ever learnt anywhere else. So im clear, I can take the smoke graphics (is this a file or some code?) from the TLD GTC explosions mod, I can then replace the existing LSA one with it and that should do it?

Thanks again.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: