Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
DaveySmith1

Rep: 2.6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:15 pm Post subject: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

As the title says, What is your favourite CC game? I can't make a poll because there too many games.
Alternatively what is your favourite CC by Atomic and favourite CC by matrix?

For me would be:

Atomic: Close Combat 2 A bridge too far
Matrix: Close Combat Panthers in the fog

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Atomic: CC5 - most mods
Matrix: LSA - most features

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Atomic:: CC3 - Because you really want your soldiers to make it and buying units for points.
Matrix: LSA - Because of the features like merging BGs, Assault crossings, bridges and I like the buy units for points system and interface too.

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:28 am Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Hello:

CC3 and LSA respectively.

In CC3 your can improve your units and you men rise in rank, in GC or long campaings your tanks o AT units ends with a captain or lieutenant as team leaders and the junior ranked are sargeants.

In LSA the strategic maps it's the managins of BG (stacking, merging, etc.) and requisition points system.

Bye.

DaveySmith1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:54 am Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Haven't got LSA, seems like I will have to get it soon, especially being a fan of cc2, hopefully will be a discount again soon

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:00 am Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Close Combat III & Close Combat: Cross of Iron

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Atomic's CC2 is objectively the best CC made.

Ernie_M

Rep: 37.4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

The Original CC4 with TT's Mods.
The man did a professional job on this one

GMAK

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

I prefer cc3 but if the newest one could work correctly maybe I'd prefer the newest one.

"Where's the king?"

TogashiD

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

CC2- Best H2H

bobbielidl

Rep: 4.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:37 am Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

CC2 and CC4 easily. Haven't played cc1 because cant get to work on new pc. CC3 was pretty good, CC5 was meh. Only thing good about CC5 is mods.

Matrix havent got any because they are too expensive for a game in 1998 engine in my opinion. Though LSA looks really cool from what I seen.

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:19 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

CC Red Phoenix for the sheer irony that the series was reborn and rebooted from its ashes.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Ernie_M wrote (View Post):
The Original CC4 with TT's Mods.
The man did a professional job on this one

+1

Best Mod Ever!

DaveySmith1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:55 am Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Well CC4 would be my 2nd favorite atomic. Which mods are these will have to try them.

jonez68

Rep: 28.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:05 am Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

If I could only have one Close Combat title, it would unequivocally be Close Combat III.  If I didn't possess a CPU limiter like Mo'Slo, I'd say Cross of Iron would be the next best thing.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

CC2, Dreaded88 Grossdeutchland mod, Ron's Real Red for CC3

almost 20 years later still better than the new games as far as overall gameplay and AI performance

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:25 am Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

CC III or Cross of Iron are my favorites the rest are alright.

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

Roger5

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: What is your favourite CC game? Reply with quote

Why is no one like Pitf with the "real close" modification? Original campaign may not be so good but I have made my own campaign and I really like that game. One of the best is the "Winter War" to CC5. Cross of Iron with Gross deutschland is also very good and many more.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: