Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 Author
pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:23 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

It seems Trump has sniffed the winds from UK and decided to come out with an anti-globalisation pitch. He's quite clever (or else has good advice) about being a populist 'Everything to Everyone' candidate, but in my experience the people who fall for this trick will be dissapointed if he is elected and his true colours come out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/28/donald-trump-globalization-trade-pennsylvania-ohio/86431376/

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:29 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
It seems Trump has sniffed the winds from UK and decided to come out with an anti-globalisation pitch. He's quite clever (or else has good advice) about being a populist 'Everything to Everyone' candidate, but in my experience the people who fall for this trick will be dissapointed if he is elected and his true colours come out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/28/donald-trump-globalization-trade-pennsylvania-ohio/86431376/  

Agreed. Populist politicking. Hillary however just changes her mind to what ever Sanders was standing for to get votes. She has no intention of keeping to any election promises.

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
The way I see it, it goes to what is called the “Hegelian Dialectic.”

What this entails is the idea that the elitists in control employ a manufactured crisis in order to implement the plans that they would want to have in order to control the population. The elitists are well aware that when there is a problem the people generally will clamor for the government to come up with a solution that usually results in more control and more surveillance, such as The Patriot Act after 911, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

After all the measures enacted to make us safer in the US, all we really get is more control over the general population. Boston civil-liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate authored a  book "Three Felonies a Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent" referring to the number of crimes he estimates the average American now unwittingly commits because of vague laws. New technology adds its own complexity, making innocent activity potentially criminal.

Ultimately, we are not as free as we have been led to believe.

Agreed also.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

As an average down to earth Blue Collar American!
Who happens to work with other other Blue Collar Americans

Maybe.........Just Maybe
Americans are tired of the Fucking corporations that are supposedly building America are the same ones Fucking Americans.
Maybe there tired of the bullshit.Watching all the bonuses go to the CEO's rather than the employees.

Maybe..........Just Maybe
Were sick and Fucking tired of them pushing there Fucking ..Lets accept them as who they are attitude and forcing it down our throats ...by passing laws.

Maybe...........Just maybe the Average American is SICK AND TIRED  of being the FUCKING GOD DAMN POLICE FOR THE WORLD!
We ARE SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of watching OUR BOYS DIE for you.....only to have you SHIT on us later on down the road!

Maybe...Just MAYBE
We will finally elect a fucking ASSHOLE (And YES we need an ASSHOLE to set things straight over here)  who will tell ALL OF YOU TO FUCK OFF!
And ACTUALLY say...............Were taking care of ourselves........FIRST!

If that's Trump.........your goddamn right I'm in
Should have done with Ross Perot.

Go watch the Netflix series entitled: The House of Cards...........

Unfortunately that's my Country to a T!
They (Politicians,CEO's or those in the say) don't worry about this Country......They worry about themselves!

And as for the Majority od most Americans ........YOU! went from being the Front Runners on how to build a Country............

To a Bunch of Fucking Sheep.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Oh by the way

Don't want to be a Boy or Girl?

That's OK in our FUCKING MILITARY.

Fuck we'll even pay pay for it.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

The ONLY! President who ever did Anything for me as a Middle class worker (as an adult,in my age) was George Bush the 1st.

He sent 2 stimulus packages to me (Checks) to help boost me and the economy.

Not since have I ever received one of those.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

DJ
Congress is two sets of people with 2 different views..

A President with ONE VIEW.ONE GOAL    (America)

Could unit them

Its been done before.
Dont tell me it cant be done again.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

We unfortunately don't have the people in place who believe in that.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:20 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

I am sure most people notice that journalism in this election cycle is pretty poor. The good articles just get buried. As I work in and have my own interest in "IT" stuff the Clinton email saga always gets my attention.

The FBI "found" another 15,000'ish emails. The right is crying foul and and saying Hillary lied again about turning in emails. When the story broke the FBI hadn't even sorted these emails. They could be duplicates of ones she already turned in. They could also be personal emails or emails of no significance. Who knows. Its been described as throwing out bullshit and seeing what sticks. Instead of doing any research some media outlets just throw it out there and let people come to their own conclusion, media's job complete.

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:35 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Instead of doing any research some media outlets just throw it out there and let people come to their own conclusion, media's job complete.

Everyone is too concerned with being scooped to wait for the facts to come in before reporting. You see it in every breaking news cycle too. Almost every time there is an active shooter the stations all rush out with rumors of multiple shooters which almost always turn out to be wrong. If they say "we're getting reports . . ." I just assume that whatever comes next is at least 50% bullshit

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:48 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Now Clinton is blaming Colin Powell (again).  Allegedly Powell did recommend to Clinton she use private email, like he did.  However that was long after she already made plans to do so without his consultation.   Regardless Clinton can not dodge this issue and has been very inconsistent with her story, showing a lack of credibility and honesty.  It really is not that big of deal in any event.  Why didn't the Republicans call for an investigation of Colin Powell when he did the same?  

I am hoping that Clinton will cave under all this scrutiny and Bernie Sanders will made the new nominee.  Much like how Trump is starting to cave badly in the polls for the first time.  And many in his own party are still plotting to take him out....hardly the type of support he needs to rally his own side.  I would not be surprised if Trump quits if he continues to drop in the polls.  Even is iron-clad Red State South Carolina...incredibly he is only tied with Clinton in polls.  What a disaster.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Next controversy on Hillary. She used a special program to wipe the hard drives.

Wouldn't you expect her to do exactly that? In the military we do exactly that for drives that were only used for unclassified data and after that they are destroyed. Holding her accountable for actually practicing good security measures is desperate. This controversies only intent is to make her look bad.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Over here in Finland we have a whole bunch of presidential candidates from the various parties for the first round of voting. They have group debates and those can be quite interesting to watch since pretty everyone gets to have their say. The top two candidates get to go to the second round. Last elections a candidate from a relatively small party, The Greens, got to the second round but lost to he present day president from the right-wing coalition party. But it seems to me that our system seems more egalitarian then the US system where two big money parties just continue to rule decade after decade.

crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Arrow's impossibility theorem

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ihGYGU83JZo

crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:17 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jgZ-mEkE7aU

dj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
Over here in Finland we have a whole bunch of presidential candidates from the various parties for the first round of voting. They have group debates and those can be quite interesting to watch since pretty everyone gets to have their say. The top two candidates get to go to the second round. Last elections a candidate from a relatively small party, The Greens, got to the second round but lost to he present day president from the right-wing coalition party. But it seems to me that our system seems more egalitarian then the US system where two big money parties just continue to rule decade after decade.

Yes...there is VERY little difference between the parties for several decades.  Maybe for the past 40 years.  The political system requires an extreme amount of money to run television ad's and pay campaign staff.  And the "donor" class comprises of elite special interest factions.  Congress has a revolving door, representatives or Senators are free to go work as Lobbyists after just one term and sell their influence.  Just a tiny percentage truly serve the public interest.  This is the achilles heel of Democracy - corruption and the influence of $.  But no political system is immune from this.

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:44 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

I can't remember a worse choice in an American election.

Trumpet is a shrewd businessman that will run the country as CEO-in-chief. His Cabinet will be a revolving door of personnel. Diplomatic relations with others will suffer. America will be resented even more by certain parts of the world.

Shillary is a career politician, with all the narcissism and power-hunger that accompanies it. Her marriage to Bill is one of convenience, for the sake of power and upward mobility - not love. She will likely be a very moderate president, not as liberal as most fear. She is to the right of her husband and Obama. She'll also likely get us involved in another war when things start going bad in her administration.

@ michael - I think youre confusing Dubya with Bush I. He issued two 'stimulus' packages to the people. I received a 300, then a 500 check...

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:35 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Yes Trump will be a disaster for everyone except China and Russia who will fill the void left by the US.

But part of me still wants it to happen, just to watch the trainwreck.  Embarassed  Twisted Evil

dj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:20 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

Wow...it could happen.  Trump is consistently tied with Clinton in latest polls or within range of tie.  It would be a trainwreck but I hope the housing market collapses again if he does win.  Home prices are outrageously too high...highest ever, even more than before the economy crashed last time.  With housing prices propped up with fraudulent values, it is only a matter of time until the next crash.  America is taking on way too debt.

dj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:44 am Post subject: Re: US Elections 2016 Reply with quote

The US has a long way to go to fix its political issues and toxic partisan atmosphere.  The Arizona Republic endorsed Clinton, the first time ever for a Democrat.  Then the newspaper received death threats, partisan nuts spit on children selling their newspapers and showed guns to staff delivering papers.  The newspaper already had one of their journalists assassinated 40 years ago.  Even right wing newspapers are getting attacked by partisan nuts.  US is looking like a banana republic when Trump keeps threatening to send Clinton to jail if he is elected.  Weirdest election ever in US history.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Jump to: