Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Privateryan1

Rep: 58.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:59 pm Post subject: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Im just having a look at BTEditor and the LSA scenario creator . While im completely comfortable with CC5 Stratedit , im completely lost with even trying to make any kind of  start on this one . As i havent been here for a while , im wondering has anyone created a step by step guide to making your own LSA mod . Having looked througnh the help files , it looks to be for seasoned pros , and there seeems to be no ( idiots help file ) .Any type of a guide would be a help .. thanks guys ...

Tell her when you found me I was with the only brothers I have left.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

I don't know of a step by step guide to modding LSA but Buck_Compton and I did create an LSA full mod. The creation of a stratmap was also somewhat intimidating to us but I recall someone saying that you can use CC5 stratedit to create a stratmap, although probably limited to 44 maps. You can try in 2 goes  though. Buck created our stratmap from scratch, including connections and I used btd editor to create the vl's. PM for specific questions.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

This is a guide on creating a strat map for the Matrix releases. All credits to DAK_Legion.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/ScnelleMeyer/Tutorials/

Edit:
Also see this thread:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=stratmap&start=0

Privateryan1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

Thanks to both ,il have a go at using Stratedit and accepting that I can only have 44 maps . To be honest the only thing that interests me in LSA is battlegroup stacking and realy nithing else . While im here , would anyone know who would be the best guy to talk to re modding COI . I have made quite a few with all of the vehicles i would ever want . However im getting a crash now when I try to move on to my second map and im wondering who would be the best person to look at a crash report for me as i have done some serious changing of the teams file woith Q-clone such as removing the upgrade paths setting all of them to - 1 . Hope that that's not FATAL . Thanks fo your help guys ...

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

I think there is a way around 44 maps with the stratedit method, but I dont remember how its done.

US_Brake has done a lot of work on COI you could try sending a message to him.
Regarding crashes, my best tip is to backtrack to the last version of your mod thats not crashing, then go forward from there changing on thing at a time.

Privateryan1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that , I will try sending him a message . Rather frustrating to be at this projest for five years now and its such a big mistake to break off for a couple of months or more only to foorget that your actually working in a minefiled and not testing often enought causes this . I had no idea there was a fatal crash until started to find one of them that would work and none of them do once a the Ai tries to ( buy ) a vehicle , so I must have done somehting wrong with the teams files im guessing . Its  like trying to find a needle in a haystack ....

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:24 am Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

Ok, Maybe try cutting out all vehicles from the teams files.

With vehicles  there are a lot of things that can go wrong:)

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:51 am Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

Privateryan1 wrote (View Post):
While im here , would anyone know who would be the best guy to talk to re modding COI . I have made quite a few with all of the vehicles i would ever want . However im getting a crash now when I try to move on to my second map and im wondering who would be the best person to look at a crash report for me as i have done some serious changing of the teams file woith Q-clone such as removing the upgrade paths setting all of them to - 1 . Hope that that's not FATAL . Thanks fo your help guys ...

Why use Qclone for text files? Try the COI workbook instead.
To start your search for the needle I'd check if all the columns are properly aligned and look for weird values and the notorious vehicle wreck error.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:03 am Post subject: Re: Ryan Lost in No mans land ! Reply with quote

I recommend members get involved in modding Cross of Iron. It is a great upgrade of the original Close Combat III and is a stable platform for new operating systems. A majority of classic CCIII mods have been converted by DAK_Legion to work with COI. Several more CCIII mods have yet to be converted.  These classic mods lay the groundwork for new projects that have plenty of potential for great new mods.

Cross of Iron players would benefit from modders who can mod existing teams and or create new team sets as well as map makers or editors who can create new maps or edit existing maps from other games to play in COI.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: