Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Finally, 3D soldiers after 20 years...

http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/ARTCOM/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=213

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:24 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

There was a post this morning over at http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/ARTCOM/index.php where one of the guys working on the project said everyone is working for free for now. At this point in time they are only making a demo which will be shopped around to find an investor. Post deleted.

Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,

It was deleted as it was someone who never in fact worked for us. look at the rest of the thread preceding! This was someone who had wanted to work on the project but was turned down.

Do you honestly think that 6 artists, 4 programmers, etc would work for 6 months for nothing? These are not modders, these are professional artists who have worked on things like CoD, Ghost Recon, Warfighter etc. How anyone could think people like this would work for free is kind of beyond me.

We are making amazing progress. In 6 months we have gone to having a strat layer finished, Battle Maps started. Our programmer has worked out an awesome LOS/Cover/Conceal algorithm. The physics and pathing are in. Apart from working on the art, a large part of the time over the last few months has been spent on making sure the core items work well. This is essentially an infantry Sim, yes the BGs will contain all the usual armour etc, but its infantry centric.

This means that LOS/Cover/Conceal has to work perfectly, a wheat field has to conceal, but not cover, large rocks, both, scrub land, bushes, conceal, and so on. This also has to work for every item on the map, house, tree, barn, vine, trench, bunker, marsh grass, literally thousands of items, then every dynamic item such as men, vehicles, AT guns etc, all have to have correct cover/conceal/ballistics working perfectly. We have been concentrating on the AI and getting these items working, creating toolsets and production pipelines, procedures for doing things.

The quality of graphics [terrain] you see and will see in the Battle Maps are an order of magnitude better than any other game of this type, they have to be, infantry hiding cannot show up because there is only 1 stalk of wheat or grass per meter in a field or tiny tufts of grass that conceal nothing. They have to be far more detailed purely because the game is infantry based.

Vehicles are being built by hand as every vehicle needs working hatches, tracks, wheels, bogeys, etc etc. Most off the shelf models are very poor. Also given the OOB for Anzio, the volume of assets needed is large and varied, including many rarely used. In the way that CC was a major jump forward from V for victory, AoC is a huge jump forward in squad based infantry Sims. With 18 squads [platoons] on each side, this can mean with vehicles animations etc up to 300+ infantry on a map at a time. This is a large volume and many things needed to be built from scratch to do this. Its much more than the art, the heart of the game is realism on everything, from psych model, physics, ballistics, LOS, etc to environments.

Its strange that with all the news I and others post on the AoC forums, you jump to post something negative Mooxe, there is a constant stream of items, news, screens etc going on, but it has to be something negative before posting? Why some people are so keen to see a potential new squad based infantry Sim fail is beyond me. Luckily we have a lot of support and we are making amazing progress! Lots of old CC players have dropped in or emailed me to wish us well and are looking forward to the game.

Cheers - Sulla

Sulla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

On the Wargamer,

http://www.wargamer.com/news/the-tactical-art-of-combat-the-next-catch-all-combat-king/

Cheers - Sulla

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Great post Sulla - I really like the way your game and team is heading when you say "Infantry sim" and what areas that you focus on. (LOS, Cover/Concealment, AI)

Battle maps looks very good to me as well.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Those types of posts interest me (the deleted one). With all the background info you posted about your dealings with Matrix, combined with what other people have posted, it makes that deleted post very interesting to me. I have followed all projects since CC5 very closely and whats usually happening in the background affects the final product. To delete his post without explaining it was wrong makes it even a bit more interesting. Maybe he said "basically working for free." I can't remember, the post was deleted too quickly. What was his username?

I am just trying to get the facts on things I am interested in. I would assume the game hasn't been picked up by anyone as theres nothing listed yet. Can you clarify whether or not its a demo you are developing in order to find a publisher?

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:10 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
Those types of posts interest me (the deleted one). With all the background info you posted about your dealings with Matrix, combined with what other people have posted, it makes that deleted post very interesting to me. I have followed all projects since CC5 very closely and whats usually happening in the background affects the final product. To delete his post without explaining it was wrong makes it even a bit more interesting. Maybe he said "basically working for free." I can't remember, the post was deleted too quickly. What was his username?

I am just trying to get the facts on things I am interested in. I would assume the game hasn't been picked up by anyone as theres nothing listed yet. Can you clarify whether or not its a demo you are developing in order to find a publisher?

As he had never worked for us it makes no difference.

Mooxe, whatever! All the things we post, no interest, 1 negative post, bamm, its listed here as you say within minutes. What goes on in the background is just that, background. Given everything that I have put up with in the past, this time, I am making a game. If you want a soap, watch TV.

The Game I wanted to make sometime ago, the game I have dreamed of making. If people are interested in that fine, if not, fine, go play a CC mod or CM. I am not getting involved in flames, trolls, haters or any of the stuff that some people seem to love. I remember when the CC Community was great, when it was stuffed full of truly awesome people. A lot of old CC players are turning up on the forums, they are interested in the game, in the progress, in how things are going. You came on when CC5 was being developed? Apart from his hysterical hatred of modders, KZ and Atomic, did not have any "background" going on.  When the time is right we will post or someone else will post about a publisher. You do realize its not a 1 for 1 deal? That you have various publishers for all the various places? Well unless you are Ubi or SEGA. Developers are often NOT free to post info like that until agreed with "various" publishers.

I am just trying to get the facts on things I am interested in.

NOT the game then, I take it?

I am making a game, I am having a blast, we have an amazing team who are working bloody hard and who I will not jeopardize! Hopefully, all being well people will have a new game sometime next year, followed by a series of games.

That is what I AM interested in.

Cheers - Sulla

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:02 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Please don't be offended that I may not seem interested in all aspects of what you're doing.

Just wanting some questions clarified...

Are you making a demo for now in order to find a publisher for the full version?

Since you are the developer, are you free or not free to answer that question?

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:27 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

The point here is how when it was started, it was showed as a free game, now, it is showed as another game which we must pay.......do not count with me for this. But if you want a mod, you can send me a copy.;)

But I understand how you can not create a game with your own money for free share with everybody. It was not possible. The problem was to try lie us with this point.

About win or not win money with it. Today, nobody will pay by anything without be finished and most of publishers pay a % from sales. By example Slitherine and Steam make this. They give you a %. However, before end one thing, you need a publisher or you will get in your hands a lot of dust. But nobody goes to give you money at these days by a very unfinished work.

Can I recomend you Steam greenlight?

Quote:
Finally, 3D soldiers after 20 years...

Not really, Sulla worked before in the infamous GI-Combat and Squad Assault.

For the record, it looks better, good, but it remembers me a lot to the game Theatre of War and I do not like to play it too much because at the end, it is not a Close Combat game because again you are forgetting (or you did not know them before) what was a Close Combat.Wink

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Send Nomada a free copy and it will be modded to Star Wars in....five days??  Mr. Green  Mr. Green  :mrgreen:

I suppose you didnt pay for the five "girlie soldiers" mods of Close Combat made by Matrix?

Sulla

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Hmm....

Nomada, you are at least consistent lol! GIC and SA were same game. Also Simtek got code for CC, Simtek stated re-releases.

We are doing great and very happy, so you will be very sad Nom or Ivan .....

I don't know what meds you are on Ivan, but we NEVER said AoC wld be free. Its a game, not a Starwars mod .....

The images are really just for you Ivan, enjoy. Unstick your head from Matrix's arse and clean shit out of eyes, and ears and stop posting shite you know NOTHING about.

New Interview on Wargamer For Everyone
http://www.wargamer.com/news/interview-the-tactical-art-of-combat/

Game is developing very well guys, on every level Wink Oh new website is up as well.

http://tacticalartofcombat.com/index.html

Will have much news very soon, will keep you posted ;)

Sulla

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Keep at it Sulla!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Well you've certainly offered us more info than what Matrix is willing to spill.

Kudos to you.

I wish you guys luck in completing the game.
And in sales of the game as well.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Pretty much zero news still. As well as fairly routine DNS/domain name time outs. Today both closecombat.org and tacticalartofcombat.com are down.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Well seems that the project is still going on, despite Sulla being ill for about four weeks.

Good luck to you and your team Sulla!

http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/ARTCOM/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2414&start=10

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Looks like the link to the screen shots in their forums TAC is Dead.

I have no faith in either this game or TBF
Only after "I" called them out at Matrix did they start posting anything.....Then I was banned.

How many Years now?
GL to you guys
Your better off moving to Steam to play new games.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
There was a post this morning over at http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/ARTCOM/index.php where one of the guys working on the project said everyone is working for free for now. At this point in time they are only making a demo which will be shopped around to find an investor. Post deleted.

Doesn't seem like you were attempting to be negative or slander the project at all.  Rather if allegedly one of the developers claimed nobody was getting paid, that implies that the project is not active and needs funding from investor.

Maybe there was funding to get some work done.  However if nobody gets paid, no work can happen.  I remember some people claiming they were not paid for some of the rewrites also.

Developers are pooled and if project does not have proper funding, it will never go any where.  I think you are right, they need a dedicated gaming development company like Flashback Games or similar business partner to fund the project.  Otherwise they will never have the proper resources to move forward.  Nobody wants to work for free.

evilwebster

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Has anything developed with this as of late? I keep checking the site throughout the years and while I admit the thought of a new Close Combat from the ground up gives me a slight chubby, there really seems to be nothing but hot air and cool screen shots of a game that is as of yet still unplayable or purchaseable. Whats the word?

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Nothing heard or seen of this game regarding updates so looks like its dead unfortunately.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:57 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

How many YEARS has it been now?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop -> Art of Combat
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: