Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:31 am Post subject: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file ready Reply with quote

Dear all,

The long awaited self installer file of the Battle of the Rhineland mod beta has been finished. You can download it from 2 cloud drive locations until the file is uploaded to the download section of this forum:

Dropbox .
Google Drive

This is a mod for Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem. It requires a full installation and patch version 5.60.53.

As a reminder I would like to say that this is the first completely new mod for LSA afaik. All 64 maps are new and not used before. It comes with more than 40 battles, operations and campaigns.
It is still in beta status because of a number of unfinished details and data may need tweaking. Forcepools are not completely ready too.

Feel free to post comments, bugs etc. in this thread.

I hope you enjoy playing the mod.

Mooxe, could you add to the download section please.

Thanks,

Pete and Buck_Compton.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:51 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Thank you Pete/Buck!

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Thank you very much Very Happy

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Thanks Pete/Buck. The maps are truly a work of art. Some of the best I have seen. I can tell that as the Germans I am going to have a hell of a time in trying to keep the Allies at bay. The fact you did it with all 64 maps is truly awesome.

I always thought that the fact that GtC was not 64 maps was really a mistake. It could have been so much more interesting and challenging.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Rgr. Got your email to.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Thank-You!
Buck & Pete.

I've only so far done a down and dirty look/slight play.
While in-between work.

But this looks like a Good one to play.

I will play a GC of this one.

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:21 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
Thanks Pete/Buck. The maps are truly a work of art. Some of the best I have seen. I can tell that as the Germans I am going to have a hell of a time in trying to keep the Allies at bay. The fact you did it with all 64 maps is truly awesome.

I always thought that the fact that GtC was not 64 maps was really a mistake. It could have been so much more interesting and challenging.

Drawing 64 maps all by oneself (Buck) is a hell of a job though. Playing on 64 maps also prolongs the GC incredibly. Which is why 2 Rhineland campaigns have been restricted to 10 days. Only the H2H campaign spans a longer period of time.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Thank-You!
Buck & Pete.

I've only so far done a down and dirty look/slight play.
While in-between work.

But this looks like a Good one to play.

I will play a GC of this one.

Thanks platoon_michael. The smaller operations will also be worth your while . It is much easier to create a more or less historically operation than a GC.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

TWJunky

Rep: 24.3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

its great to see that the community is moving foward and starts modding LSA. I fail to understand why people keep making TLD mods.

I have a question regarding the data sheet. Are you using values from GJS? I think GJS has a good balance.

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Nice job!!!!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:31 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Thank you Buck & Pete.

Your mod is on CCS @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4275

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:38 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

I checked up on penetration tables and am befuddled as to how a 6 pdr can penetrate the front plate of a jagdpanther at about 350 meters, on the first shot no less. Is there a weak spot I am not aware of?

Otherwise, I am really enjoying the mod.

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:42 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Thank you Buck & Pete.

Your mod is on CCS @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4275  

Thank you Mooxe for hosting!

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:16 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm: There is a function in the code that gives a small chance of penetration even if the gun is totally overmatched by the armor of the target. This is to account for the occational "lucky shot" in real life - like hitting a vision slit or MG-bow mount.

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:57 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer, actually, I knew that. I just couldn't see my jagdpanther taken out with one shot from a small gun when that was the only one I had with that unit. Such is the tide of war. I have enough trouble dealing with all of the M36s without worrying about relatively small weapons such as 6 pdrs.

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:03 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

I never saw this fire effect before now in cc, i use new explotions, the fire does not go out for the whole duration of the game and it started with a mortar shot.

cc fuoco2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  382 KB
 Viewed:  17253 Time(s)

cc fuoco2.jpg

Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):
I never saw this fire effect before now in cc, i use new explotions, the fire does not go out for the whole duration of the game and it started with a mortar shot.

Hey Salhexe, we included the new explosions in the Rhineland mod. I have not seen this effect before though. I am not sure what could be causing it.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:07 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

[/quote]

Hey Salhexe, we included the new explosions in the Rhineland mod. I have not seen this effect before though. I am not sure what could be causing it.[/quote]

Can be becouse I used this?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4259

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:15 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

Is it a normal fire or is there something strange about it? -  I mean in your screenshot there seems to be very large flames beneath the smoke that seems to me to be the bridge explosion graphic.

If you could post a video of this effect it would be great. - It might be the explosion mod and if so I will fix the problem if I can;)

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:49 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Reply with quote

I took two more screens, no video, the sound was that of a large fire. My team is under the fire-smoke inside a building. The dead enemy soldiers did not understand whether they died in the fire or affected by my soldiers.

cc fuoco3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  381.4 KB
 Viewed:  17157 Time(s)

cc fuoco3.jpg

cc fuoco.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  372.38 KB
 Viewed:  17157 Time(s)

cc fuoco.jpg

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> Rhineland '45
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: