Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:22 am Post subject: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Here....

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/dak_legion/

Version beta.
Install the mod in the directory....Matrix Games/Gateway to Caen.

Only a "BUG"..the uniform.txt NO WORK for this mod..If any person can fix this problem please;)

Thanks to Matrix Games and Mooxe for the host of this mod.

Long live to Closecombatseries.net

heia Safari!!

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:32 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Sorry, but which mod is this?

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:41 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Original close combat panthers in the fog work on close combat gateway to caen

heia Safari!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:49 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Ok DAK. I have finished the installer. No action required from user. Installer graphics changed to GTC as well. All working and uploading tonite. If you have any fixes just send me the files and I will redo the installer.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Thanks for the mode. But u.s. uniforms do not seem right. Brown helmet, soft green shirt, dark green pants. So, is that due to uniform.txt? I hope it gets fixed. Anyway, it is nice to have pitf as bonus to gtc...

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

I found the problem with uniforms.txt. In the original uniforms.txt of GTC there is an additional "sprite shadow color" value at the beginning. GTC Engine looks for it first, therefore colors are shifted and "funny uniforms". If you add it to the beginning of uniforms.txt for PITF mod, everything alright.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:49 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

You can fix if you want comrade;)

heia Safari!!

Spaher

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Hi! How can I use this mod with the steam version?? Please?  Sad

Hicks

Rep: 31.6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:16 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Was there a fix for this to use it with the Steam version of GtC?

*EDIT*
I replaced the Steam.api in Gateway to Caen's folder with the compatibility fix version that enables the Road to Crimea mod. I can get to the main menu but if I then try to open scenarios I get a crash and a wrong version error. It was worth a try though right?  Wink

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:58 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Is this even legal?; is there modifications to the game, or is this an exact duplicate?.

GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 am Post subject: -Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog--whats the point of this mod? Reply with quote

What is the point of this mod?  I dont get it.

This mod installs Panthers in the Fog onto your Gateway to Caen installation...why would you do that?  

GTC_PITFv0.9_installer.zip

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

The mod effectively converts GtC into PITF. So you can play with US units in the Battles/OPS/Campaings from PITF. You need to start the mod from a shortcut in the mod folder though.

AngloSniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:59 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Can this be patched?

"We sure liberated the hell out of this place" - Anon American Soldier, St Lo, France, 1944.

AngloSniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:18 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Has anyone also noticed the Germans have US voices, regardless of language setting?

"We sure liberated the hell out of this place" - Anon American Soldier, St Lo, France, 1944.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:45 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

What do you mean by "patched"? - except the voices you mention.

The German voice file you can copy-paste from the GtC files if it is missing in the mod.

AngloSniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:34 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
What do you mean by "patched"? - except the voices you mention.

The German voice file you can copy-paste from the GtC files if it is missing in the mod.

Hi thanks for the reply.

There is a more recent patch available for PITF for you need a series code to install it. Given the mod isnt a purchase, I have no serial code and therefore cant upgrade to the most recent patch.

Could you advise which German voice file Id be looking for, location and where to move it to?

Thanks again.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:19 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

There is no practical way to apply the Matrix patches to this mod - except purchasing PITF game, thus the patch, apply the patch and then transfer the updated files from the PITF install to the GTC Pitf-mod.

The German voices is located here> C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen\LOCALFX

The file you are looking for is named > GEVox.sfx

It needs to be moved to the Pitf mod folder within the > Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen\Pitf-modfolder\LOCALFX

AngloSniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
There is no practical way to apply the Matrix patches to this mod - except purchasing PITF game, thus the patch, apply the patch and then transfer the updated files from the PITF install to the GTC Pitf-mod.

The German voices is located here> C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen\LOCALFX

The file you are looking for is named > GEVox.sfx

It needs to be moved to the Pitf mod folder within the > Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen\Pitf-modfolder\LOCALFX

Thanks, I think this will still be a good game without the update, much appreciated.

Orlandez

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Original close combat panthers in the fog work on close combat gateway to caen

Sorry but in my case nothing seems to be working.
I've got the STEAM version of GTC, so the game files are under the Steam subfolders.
So I unpacked the package there but ...

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:22 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Please explain better what you are seeing in order for us to help. Is the game starting at all? Is it crashing when trying to play a battle?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: