Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 am Post subject: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

German anti-tank rifles will not fire indirectly. You get the message "bad shot" whenever you try to do so.

German flamethrower teams will not fire indirectly either, they go to thier pistols for indirect fire.

How can I enable these units to fire indirect?

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:50 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

I'm just looking at data files now and there are settings for Fire Direction AP/HE/HEAT/Smoke/Spec with an entry -1/0/1 to reference Can't Fire/Direct/Indirect.

I'd guess you'll need to change the weapons to be able to fire with the characteristics you want? I can't open .adb files at the moment otherwise I'd check the mods data files myself.

There's also a weapon "Type". "8" should provide indirect Mortars. Maybe changing the AT Rifle so that it registers as a mortar would get it to work?

EDIT:

I might be being a dumb here. Are you asking about firing with a line of sight or without?

If it is indirect fire on an area with a green line of sight then it could be the Primary and Valid Target settings? 0 = Infantry, 1 = Vehicle, 2 = Terrain in Primary and you'd need setting 7 to cover all in Valid Target. Again looking at data files it should still allow you to fire at the environment even if not set as 7 in Valid Target.

A bit odd...

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:42 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Yes, firing with green LOS with both ATR and FT.

Hicks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:45 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Bear with me and I'll try to get .adb files working. See if I can figure it out Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:50 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Ok... I have no idea how to edit tho. People say use the workbook but how do you make the excel file into a CC file?

Hicks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

If you try this file out: https://mega.nz/#!qcUgVKZR!ZZJ9CQLwETcPDRtRatkEMDC7b4m7S5uElnFNTClWeNg unpack to the Data/Base folder (back up original first)

The German Flamethrowers and AT Rifles now match the Soviet's in terms of valid targets. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll try directly swapping the data from the Soviet weapons in their entirety and we'll know if the issue is with the weapons.adb then or somewhere else.

CC5 is a pain in the arse as it used .adb file instead of .txt. You'll need to use a program like QClone to open them. It doesn't seem to like operating systems after XP though.

Let me know how that goes and we'll go from there Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Thanks I'll provide an update...

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Alright... ATR still shows bad shot. I think there a few types of German ATRs?

As for flamethrower.. I went back and tried with original weapons file and they would indirectly fire this time. Maybe it was some other variable like experience, intel or morale affecting them using primary weapon.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Quote:
As for flamethrower.. I went back and tried with original weapons file and they would indirectly fire this time. Maybe it was some other variable like experience, intel or morale affecting them using primary weapon.

Or minimum range coming into play?

Hicks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

I'm just trying to set up a virtual machine so I'll be better able to look through the files.

ScnelleMeyer might be onto something though as there were differences in range values between the German and Soviet flamethrowers.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

PzBusche 783r

The image shows an example of the bad shot message I get. When you hover over the gun in the force pool screen its labelled as PTRD. The PTRD will engage a tank at around 130m. If I tell the PTRD to fire into the ground at 130m I get bad shot. All ranges indicate bad shot when aiming at terrain or men. It will fire on guns.

Russian PTRS and PTRD will fire indirect.
German Granatbüchse 39, Panzerbüchse 39 will fire indirect.

When I looked in QClone there is only one entry for PTRD and no entry for PzBusche 783r which is confusing...

German_PTRD.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.83 KB
 Viewed:  15916 Time(s)

German_PTRD.png

Hicks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

I've been able to get the virtual machine set up and QClone seems to be working. I'll have a poke around and see if I can get that ATR working. Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:06 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Hicks are you in Windows10? QClone working fine in Win7 64b with admin mode enabled.

Hicks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:51 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Hicks are you in Windows10? QClone working fine in Win7 64b with admin mode enabled.

Win7 X64 as well. I think it's a Java issue. Took a little time to set up with the shared folders etc but the Virtual XP machine is working happily now.

Odd news for you though. As long as we're playing the same mod? Stalingrad 1.2 for CC5?

I've tried the German and Soviet AT Rifles and Infantry Flamethrowers and all worked in green LOS indirect fire when targeting open ground. They fired, reloaded and fired again.

This is with a fresh install of the mod, no adjustments.

Have you had to make any changes to the mod's files since installing it?

Thank you for giving me a reason to finally set up an XP Virtual Machine, It's very happy  Very Happy In hopes of fixing your problem though here's the weapons.adb I installed and have the weapons working on: https://mega.nz/#!ucUFiJhS!5buPbaut7fBTL-SgObQoLTcbzE3lOZZ6uBUKsBeugDc

If it still doesn't work then it might be worth looking at the Teams data file. We'll figure it out somehow Smile

Happy XP VM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1002.33 KB
 Viewed:  15891 Time(s)

Happy XP VM.jpg

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Ok it works! PTRD now firing indirectly.

What changes did you make?

Hicks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Ok it works! PTRD now firing indirectly.

What changes did you make?

No changes at all. I downloaded the mod, manually sorted the files and put them in the CCV directory and ran the game. Had you needed to change and files or data due to problems with the mod previously?

Glad it's working for you Smile We must be on a roll. I'd had a headache getting parts of the CC4 sound mod working but that's sorted too!

Are the flamethrowers working ok?

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Ok I am not sure whats going on. I have not edited the ADB file at all. Switched back to the original from the plugin and its working there also. Yes FTs work.

I noticed the bug first in multiplayer but was able to duplicate it in SP. I will see if I can reproduce is back in MP.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
German anti-tank rifles will not fire indirectly. You get the message "bad shot" whenever you try to do so.

German flamethrower teams will not fire indirectly either, they go to thier pistols for indirect fire.

How can I enable these units to fire indirect?

You are not suppose to indirect fire with them, they are not HE. This from the cc1 manual.

Bad Shot: Soldier has a shot that is a waste of ammunition

Using Indirect Fire
When you’re using mortars and rockets, you will see an orange line
instead of a red or green line stretching to your target as you point to it.
A brown line indicates that the target is not in the line of sight. This
tells you that it is indirect fire—you are lobbing explosives at your
target instead of firing at it directly. An orange order dot appears on the
combat screen above the target for mortars. With indirect fire, accuracy
depends on the experience of your team, as well as whether it can
actually see the target from its position. Although you don’t need a clear
line of sight to hit a target using indirect fire, you have a greater chance of
hitting your target if you can see it.
If a green or red line appears, your team is out of mortar rounds or
rockets; they’re now essentially an infantry team.

Did you try it with a higher skill level like veteran to see if they can?

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 am Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

Theres something funky happening. In single player it works, when I join my opponents game online, I get bad shot.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 pm Post subject: Re: Cannot fire indirectly, how can I fix? Reply with quote

^ move a command near them? I have destroyed stuff on black circle this way. It gives them confidence or something.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: