Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:24 pm Post subject: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

I feel quite sad when one of the best countries in the world through his president attacks Sweden, who always tried to stand for human rights and fought against the Russians for centuries ... I hope this is not what the United States as a nation stands for.....

I still do not understand how a nation can be like to have such a person as their leader also feel very sorry for how the world will look like in the future...its real sad.
I thought that Mr. Bush started the invasion and occupation of Iraq and sparked wars wars in the Middle East was the worst but I was wrong....and I wanted a secure future for my children, but it does not look so damn good ...

//Mats

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:49 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it was an attack Sapa. It was certainly a lie, mistruth, post-truth, truthiness, alternative fact, not what I really meant kind of statement.

A long the lines of how you feel about the US I feel the same way. I respected the US much more during the Bush era than I do now. The Obama era was largely positive and things "got better" generally from my point of view. The Washington juggernaut will keep a balance in what Trump has plans for.

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:01 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Not meant to be some kind of attack, but still felt like our world was coming to some kind of direction before last American president. It was so very nice and reassuring when you saw American soldiers move through the old Eastern Europe ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVCx1IYwulQ

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

I liked this one, thanks Sweden......

ikea-mexico-border-wall-spoof_dezeen_hero.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.16 KB
 Viewed:  17691 Time(s)

ikea-mexico-border-wall-spoof_dezeen_hero.gif

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

And scrapping cars without defects..thankyou USA....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD0Pv6yyGek

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:11 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Trump's comment wasn't an attack on Sweden, per se. Rather it was bullshit* intended for domestic consumption: "I'll protect you from scary foreigners. The Swedes took in a lot of scary foreigners so bad things must be happening there as a result--otherwise the foreigners don't look as scary. Don't let bad thing happen here like happen in Sweden. Support me and I'll keep the scary foreigners out!"

*In Harry G. Frankfurt's meaning of 'speech intended to persuade, without regard for truth'.

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:21 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

He's what Trump said - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/19/trumps-sweden-comment-referred-to-rising-white-house-says

No mention of Terrorists or terror attacks. Sadly once again the MSM make a story out of nothing. Unless someone else to show otherwise, it's another storm in a tea cup.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean Sod. The MSM is holding him accountable for what he says. In this case what he said was bullshit and everybody knew it, they compelled him to explain his comments.

sod98

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Not sure what you mean Sod. The MSM is holding him accountable for what he says. In this case what he said was bullshit and everybody knew it, they compelled him to explain his comments.

So what did he say other than talking about the rise of crime in Sweden due to immigrants. Rightly or wrongly. The rest is made up. I too thought he was trash talking, fake news spreading and wrong. Forget what the media says and listen to what he actually said.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:51 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

I heard what he said and he implied that something serious happened the previous night. I don't think there was any fake news made up, just people wondering why he said that, and calls for him to explain. What am I missing?

sod98

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:26 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Here's the Fox News segment - scroll down to it - http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-what-trumps-reference-to-sweden-may-have-been-about-2017-02-19

Sadly once again MSM creating anti Trump news. What you are missing is called facts. That is, not what the media attempts to feed a public paranoia. No where does Trump say terrorist, attacks or anything else close. It's another case of the biased media making up stories and calling them facts - Russian hacking and electoral Interference and classic examples. Look for what Trump says and not what he doesn't say. I really an't believe people can't see this for what it is - Fake News.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Speculation is not fake news. Opinion articles are not fake news. Given Trumps history about what he thinks Middle Eastern immigrants may do in the USA, its natural for any media to assume he's referencing terrorism. When Trump gives these half truths, lies, fiction, fantasies, sentences with no context, the media's job is to call him out. They did, he explained, mission accomplished.

sod98

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:50 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

That's fine for the media to print the truth. But here clearly is another example of Fake News. Trump never mentioned anything that says terrorist attack etc. The media purposely planted the idea and that makes it's fake. When it's against other countries it's propaganda. Second guessing by the media says a lot for the MSM today.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

They didn't plant the idea of a terrorist attack, Trump did. Media reported and speculated on what he meant, that's not fake news. I know your classifying news that leans to far one way as fake.  Trump said "maybe the second-amendment people could do something about Hillary Clinton" and the media speculated on what he meant. Also not fake news. He implied something but did not fully explain it. It leads people to form their own explanations, and the media. Absolutely not fake news.

Another example... Seven exoplants discovered orbiting a dwarf star. They could harbour life. We have no idea. Fake news? No.

This has been going on for decades and decades. Why is it only fake now?

Second guessing media. Sure, they do that. They do that because they have no idea what Trump means when he says things.

sod98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Second guessing media. Sure, they do that. They do that because they have no idea what Trump means when he says things.[/quote]

Well that's called research and asking Trump or his Aides questions about his statements. It's fake, they made it up. trump never mentions terror attacks or terrorism. Only the media did. When has it been acceptable for the media to guess facts - WMD's in Iraq, Sarin gas use by Assad,White Helmets deserve a Noble Peace nomination - all fake.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:02 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Trump went on to reference places that had terror attacks immediately following his Sweden statement. On Saturday he clarified what he meant after his administration faced questions. He implied something happened in the context of terrorism and keeping safe.

"Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We've allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we're going to keep our country safe."

Even Reuters said Trump appeared to invent Sweden terror incident.

sod98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 am Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

The statement that had MSM frothing at the mouth contained nothing to do with any terror attacks. The Fox doco he referred to clearly explains his thoughts and reasoning. I have been the first to have a dig at US politics in the past. I'm surprised at continued media attacks upon Trump. I don't like Trump but believe he is better than a Establishment Politician such as Clinton. This maybe be new media tactics in the US but the certainly aren't when it comes to International media reporting. Funny enough Clinton was the MSM pick during the elections and at all costs.

Media use to research and investigate articles and stories before going to air. Today sadly most publish verbatim Govt releases. This leads to the Fake News as we have been seeing for sometime.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree once again. But it is a sad day when Fox News is correctly covering this incident and others like the US Elections. That must worry some people looking for the truth. It wasn't that long ago Fox was the worst. Have they improved or the other MSM lowered their standards ?

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Oooops.  Keep going with that blaming the mainstream media.  It is all an international conspiracy victimizing Trump's billionaire good ole boys club.  AG Jeff Sessions said he should have "slowed down" and that is the reason why he lied....errr..."forgot" he did have meetings with the Russian Spy.  Russian ambassador.  

Russia was extremely successful in causing chaos.  But the U.S. political system is hopelessly corrupt.  Putin just helped the Republican party fall on its own sword.  Nobody forced Manafort, Sessions, Flynn and Trump's son in law to meet with the Russians multiple times.  Including at the Republican convention in Cleveland.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Putin might be the most savvy politician in modern political history.  He is also the wealthiest man on the planet.  And his Prime Minister Medvedev has multiple palaces that were recently filmed by drone cameras.  One of Putin's rivals that is trying to oust him in the next Russian election posted the drone videos.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/16/viral-drone-video-exposes-luxury-getaway-of-putin-s-pm-medvedev.html

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: Donald Trumph Reply with quote

Putin is definitely playing the long game. There's so much more you can plan and accomplish when you are the leader for long. Probably some merits in there but the term limits the USA and other democratic countries use have many more merits.

I think the majority of the Russia stuff with Sessions is bullshit. He did lie though, thats the main issue. Its being played out just like Clinton's emails and being added to the whole "Russian thing." If Russia did interfere, (and why wouldn't they) their main goal was probably to de-legitimize democracy, make it seem like Russia is right or better kind of thing. I doubt theres any nefarious deal in the books between Trump and Putin. Trump has definitely not been truthful with his business dealings with Russia. There is a lot of truth missing in all of this.

The hypocrisy level of all this is absolutely staggering.

The wiretap thing. Wow. More bullshit. Fake news created by the master of fake himself. I hope for the sake of the USA that this isn't what its going to be like for next four years.

In Canada we are dealing with Alberta job losses due to oil economy, Ontario hydro rates are through the roof, and pictures of our Prime Minister that show his pecks and six pack and how handsome he is.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Jump to: