Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:58 am Post subject: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Been vacant from the community for several years but for some reason ive been really into CC 3/COI here lately..  well, im setup for both right now w/ mods and maps and would like to play online.I have a gameranger program installed. Never used it but its ready

No vanilla on CC3.. Ok with vanilla COI..My mod of choice is WF for either CC3 or CC:COI, but ill play most other mods... well except france 40 for CC3. I need to investigate why it gave me problems last night

I will use the same battle format I used back in the day.
Meeting engagement
any map.
650 to 950 points each
8 VL's spread out evenly
4 bombardment hexes in the center of the map to prevent early rushes
FDEPLOY will be used on most maps
usually i pre-select 2 command teams each
timer is set for 20 minutes on battles and depending on the OPs,each day is 8 to 15 minutes
NO airpower. I used to love air power in WF8.. Cant remember much of WF9 but definitely not a fan of it in WF10, so i installed that GTC graphics file which really impressed me..
usually i dont have any special rules other than a limit on armor or the above airpower

opponent can pick map,side or even can request I set up  an attack/defense scenario or an Op..  Even a meeting engagement where each side has 1 or 2 fall back maps and equal points

I think that about covers it. Let me know and we can set up a time that is convenient for both

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Hey Brandon.. Long time no see dude.

Used to kick my butt all over the zone years ago. Not looking for another shot here, just say a quick hello and wonder if US_Brake is still around here?? Played COI live about 2y ago few times with him.. One of his mods when had it installed.

Not many of us KG guys around anymore man.. I yak with sspoomy now and then.. Bill.. Just heard from AGCent for 1st time in years cpl weeks back. Not heard from Frank (cloghaun) in like forever.

You take care man.
KG_Werfer

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Hey.. Good to hear from a fellow KG'er.

Now I was never that good or was I.?  LOL  hard to remember so far back. Just thought id get a few games together and maby find a regular partner to play a few times every week or two.

Yep, I still am a CC3/COI player as you can see. IMO, Its the best CC for online play. CC3 was also the very 1st PC game I had ever bought and so has a special place for me..1999:)

From what I remember ,I used to play KG_Vlad and comrade_blabsky the most..  I miss the days of the zone. Had some pretty great drunken friday nights there

Well, its good talking to ya.Shoot me a PM , if you change your mind. Any Mod/Any Map..  Ill also do Wargame:land air or red dragon. Never played that online but im open to it

On a side note: I was going through the readme for WF and when i saw all the credits i was like.. Used to play games with this dude or that dude, was a beta tester for that one, used to have conversations with that one, got modding advise or gave advise to that one,etc,etc.. Good times

well, take care
Neil

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Hey Neil,

CC3 was one got me really fired up with CC. 2 was kind of ho-hum thought when was 1st playing it.

Remember Frank and I started a live, on the Zone WF campaign when it came out.. he destroyed me.. Frank was good.

Sorry man. Those few games with Brake cpl years back all the live ones have played since the old Zone days. Reloaded WAR and TLD few days back to play Drizzt's Der Kessel conversion, but vs AI. Only H2H have really done in years is Combat Mission 2 and 3 (CMBB/CMAK) that still play ladders on.

Brake "was" hot and heavy into COI not that awfully long ago, he's the one I'd suggest sending a message to. Had his email, but can't locate right now.

Another thing might try is posting at KG forums.. seems like KG_Scout "might" have been playing, or thinking of reloading some of the CC titles a year or 2 back when last talked with him. kent (kg_panzerschrek) is another u might ask as a possibility?

Mark (werf)

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

hmm  i thought the KG forum was no more.. Someone resurrected it? Could of sworn going their once and it was gone..

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Not much posted on it..

I've got Scout and Kent's email somewhere on my PC.

Sspoomy (Steve) plays CMBN (CM2, all flavors of second generation CM actually) and some ACW game "Scourge of War" in a large group setting. They have a server, website and all setup. use teamspeak.. it's pretty slick. i can send u his contact info, the website and all u want

Here is the KG Forums. they've been up for last several years as far as know, only little used anymore.

KG Forums

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:18 am Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

thx..  ill check out the forum later..Been so long since I logged in, i might have to set up another account. Not much on Combat mission.. well, the 2nd one never really grabbed me. Might have to boot up a game to see if that still is true. not really a fan of civil war games but i know the game, Heard good things about it

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Had forgotten Steve got KG_Soldier (Mark also) from years past into SOW. Seems like he might have/had also gotten another of us old timers back.. He was still recruiting into KG..  All these near 20y later.

I've got CMBN (2nd generation) CM, Market garden, as well as Commonwealth add on and latest 1.4 patch battlefront recently released. Not played it since installing h2H or PBEM.

If you can catch Steve at SOW.. He can set up private rooms at SOW and make a CM room for H2H play, which we used to do there. Would be nice to get bunch of us together again on T/Speak like the old days.

look around on the forums(KG) for email list.. Some are old, I've got more recent ones here if u need for guys kept in somewhat contact with later on Neil.

Forgot SOW link..

SOW

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

thx for the info

hmm  reunion sounds kool

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
wonder if US_Brake is still around here?? Played COI live about 2y ago few times with him.. One of his mods when had it installed.

Brake is still around. He can also be found on facebook:
The Close Combat page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/718767891562281/
Brake: https://www.facebook.com/jim.brake.355

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
johnsilver wrote (View Post):
wonder if US_Brake is still around here?? Played COI live about 2y ago few times with him.. One of his mods when had it installed.

Brake is still around. He can also be found on facebook:
The Close Combat page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/718767891562281/
Brake: https://www.facebook.com/jim.brake.355

thx,  i sent a friends request to the group and an IM to Brake..  I know his name. Been around longer than me i think.

on the subject of ole timers.. Wonder what Starfury is up too these days

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:30 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

I'll try to set up my new Pc for onlineplay this summer. We have a new Mod for C.OI WF Company Commander

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
I'll try to set up my new Pc for onlineplay this summer. We have a new Mod for C.OI WF Company Commander

never played it but i know of it..

Ok I found it and downloading it now. Thought I already had it but apparently not.

Well , let me know when you are rdy.

I prefer meeting engagements, no pre-selected units other that a command team or 2,4 to 8VL's,Free Deploy and points set for ~700 to 950. opponent choose map and/or side. My battles are set up so, that mods dont affect it. 1 advantage of playing by points too

I like my style of battles but np playing others. Mine are generic and robust enough that even with the fact, that i made the battles. This gives me no advantage which was the reason I developed my style of battles back in 2000 in the 1st place..+ i can churn out fair H2H battles at a pretty good rate. 10 to 15 min per battle.  also Ican do or have done can do defensive,offensive,or counterattack as can you LOL but I Usually I set the point values , up with a formula based on some rules from a boardgame called MBT by Avalon Hill.. Now, these generally have some pre-selected. I only prefer to select with points on meetings

IMO, the greatest strength of CC3/COI was being able to choose units based on a points value and the primary reason i dont like the other CC's as much.

Now, last night I sat down and played GTC some. Might be planing to mod it so I thought id play it some as I really have played it all that much. really dug the new and improved here. Still has somethings i dont like that all CC's have but i liked the feel and flow of the battles. Very different from COI but in this case, that wasnt a bad thing. It was just different

Now if that added some things from wargame:red dragon to Close Combat to . id be in love.
The newest game from Eugene looks awesome
http://store.steampowered.com/app/572410/Steel_Division_Normandy_44/

Berto72

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:19 am Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Hi, saw my post
"CC3, searching for online head to head " ?
Í'm back too, with CoI/WF.

sacia4

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I new here. I bought the CC Cross of Iron this week, but I played a lot the CC3 a time ago. So, I am looking for someone interested in a MP game.

If you are interested, send me a PM, and let's have a fun bloody war together! ;D

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:09 am Post subject: Re: Looking for a game Reply with quote

If anyone is still looking for a CC:COI game ... Just let me know.. I always forget this forum but ill check back frequently to see if anyone replies to this post

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: