Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
KG_Loki

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

What a shame a beautiful KV.

KG_Loki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:10 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

My Trio on STZ E
Sniper
T34
FlameTank

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.87 KB
 Viewed:  15920 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.88 KB

UO0018.jpg

UO0017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.13 KB

UO0017.jpg

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

GC now on September 27th morning.

Russian remain in defensive posture in the center and South. Germans continue to make slow progress in the North sector with Mokraya Mechetka in German control. There are no German heros yet, casualties are too high and keeping morale up is too important.

Bugs noticed...

German ATRs will not fire indirectly where as Russia ATRs will.
German flamethrower teams will not fire indirectly either. Flamethrowers in a Pioneer team will fire indirectly.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:22 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

After days upon days of trying to destroy Mr. Flamesy he has finally been destroyed. Mr. Flamesy led the charge on many successful assaults. Just know he was deployed forced my strategy to center on him. Infected was very careful with this tank, never exposing him to ATR or ATG or tanks.

On this particular battle, we fought over the warehouse. My forces in the warehouse were two AT teams, command team, two inf teams, one mg34 and one heavy mg34. Mr. Flamesy lit the side of the warehouse on fire trying to kill my men. I kept them away from that side to instead take direct fire from a T-34. Infected's troops put up enough of a fight that I layed my barrage down. The barrage immobilized Mr. Flamesy.

I had both my AT teams within 20m of him. I am not sure if a rifle grenade or actual AT weapon destroyed his tank. More than likely, Mr. Flamesy spontaneously exploded, which the video leads me to believe.

The hulk is not smoking and I got no info mouse overing the tank. If my Panzerjager teams did kill it, whomever did didn't survive the battle. I did not go into post battle details to check, and no survivors are credited.

KG_Loki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

Sorrow that's how I feel about the post on flamesy a true Soviet war hero! The tank was pulled from the battlefield and is now a shrine in Volgograd! Millions of people visit it each year! Haha!

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

Red October Settlements finally fell on 29 Sept. RO Settlements is the second map in from the German start point and is connected to five other maps.

This map is a nightmare to attack into. The map is basically all rubble offering great concealment everywhere. Infected's last BG there had many anti tank rifles and anti tank guns. I made assaults from all directions and was disbanded at least once from his counter attack. Early in the campaign a tank unit was deployed there making any assault suicide.

My strategy to deal with RO Settlements was three fold. First, I would attack from Ovrashanya and retreat and then attack from Sculpturny Park or Hill 107 and retreat. This created more no mans land in the deployment zones. This was important as I had to deny the Russians as many hiding spots as I could.

The second half of this strategy was to hunt guns. Russian AA guns are devastating. Combined with the lesser calibre guns my men would get pinned very early. Gun hunting was done by playing chicken. I would bring guns myself and hope Infected would use his first giving away their position. I would also bring support regularly. An arty barrage is usually a guaranteed kill for an exposed gun.

The third part was to surround the map. When my German units were assaulting into RO North which is behind RO Settlements, Infected pulled his tanks out and replaced it with an infantry unit. That move was the overriding factor into the maps fall.

This strategy worked in the long run. The kill ratio was heavily in favour for the Russians though. I lost many more guns and inf than they did. Tanks were not an option to bring in due to the amount of rubble and their importance of countering Russian tanks in the South.

Link

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

7 days left in the campaign, we are going to the bitter end. Infected is entrenched in a last stand.

The Russian fortress.

There has been no notable advances in the Northern section of the Fortress. Mamayev Kurgan and Lazur are holding firm. I have broken into North Train Station with one of my strongest tank units the 36/14. They are out of fuel and ammo but up against a Russian infantry unit. Relief will be a long way off.

The KV-1s are holding Stadium. I have no units strong enough to remove them.

The 24/24 in Tsarista Crossing are about 100m away from the exit VL to Fallen Fighter's Square. If that VL is taken, KV-1s either run out of supply in Stadium or are forced to move backwards towards the Volga. That exit VL is the most important VL in the game right now.

We are about 200 games in. Around 55 hours of gameplay.

KG_Loki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:06 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

OMG Seriously my wife can't see 55 hours of game play Smile

I've had a wonderful time playing most of the time, Its hard being the Russians and playing against Mooxe as the Germans! Very Difficult!

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:46 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

Casualties entering final week. Lazur is weakening in the North, and the KV battlegroup moved one map east. My strongest German armour unit is at Fallen Fighter' Square out of supply with the KV1 BG. Remainder of German armour groups are extremely weak.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

Wow... It seems there is still some fighting going on in stalingrad.
Nice!

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

Four days left. All but three Russian battle groups are up against Volga now. Any Russian unit not on a supply dump is out of supply. Only one Russian battle group is not in combat. Loki is sticking it out till the end, inflicting as many German deaths as possible. Casualties will break 4000 by the end of the GC. By the time the GC is done, it will have been seven months!

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:56 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

been away so long.. Looks like a kool mod and im going to have to give this a try. Last time I remember, there was only a few mods for CC5. When I looked today and i was like whaaaaa

CC5: Stalingrad i take it?

Haven't played much CC5 but not against it either. I do remember playing starfury when CC5 GC was just released

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:52 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X Reply with quote

Our GC is complete. Over 300 battles completed. We started December 2016 and finished May 2017.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X (Completed!) Reply with quote

Well done! Thanks for all the updates along the way

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:12 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X (Completed!) Reply with quote

now its time to start der Kessel  Laughing

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X (Completed!) Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=379

My AAR.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X (Completed!) Reply with quote

Finished uploading. 217 fights. Missing around 100 I think due to some hard drive problems, which turned out to be a cable problem.

KG_Loki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:11 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X (Completed!) Reply with quote

those would be the battle s the Russians did well in HAHA!

ah lets be honest the battles the Russians did well in is well under 100!

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad MOOXE vs CC_Infected_x_X (Completed!) Reply with quote

Just started to watch this stalingrad campaign on YouTube. Nice job, good stuff to make some tactical évaluations about... Cool

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: