Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Nacho78Arg

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:59 pm Post subject: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Hi, Im playing as the Brits (for the first time ever) and finally arrive at Arnehem. Now I'm clearing th rest of the to the NW but if I remember correctly around 22 of september the 506th Panzer Abteilung appears. Could anybody give me a tip on how to fight those monsters? Because I'm sure that with the Sherman I can't do s*** againts the Konigtiger (I don't know about the Firefly thouhg). Thanks in advance

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

While I have not played LSA for a while, my general advice for fighting against a tank heavy adversary is to fight in an urban area and hunt the tanks down with infantry AT teams and ambush with AT guns hidden in buildings. Another tactic is to cut off the battle group from supply so that the tanks run out of fuel. Then attack the tanks from the rear. Also, you could try killing as many of his infantry teams first so that the tanks lack the necessary support.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Nacho78Arg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:36 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Thank Pete  Very Happy

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:01 am Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

A good trick is to distract a tank with infantry. Make it at an angle so the turret must traverse a lot. Once the tank is firing at infantry, move a tank up for a shot and reverse after the shot. The opposing tank will have to traverse and reload AP giving you time.

You can stay and not reverse and get off two shots to his one, its a gamble though.

Nacho78Arg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Thank mooxe, I'll keep it in mind.

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Hello:

I posted this some months ago about my fight against schPzAbt 506:

Quote:
In a operation (or short campaing?) LSA played against the BG with a handful of Konigstigers and few infantry squads. Only destroyed 1 KT with a Firefly from 5 O'clock. One Inmobilized with a PIAT team. Against the rest of Tigers just artilllery/mortar/plane attacks and captured the exit VL coonecting to supply depot map. The infantry was few, just ambushed it outside of Tiger LOS.

If I remember correctly was the Elden map.

Bye

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:06 am Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Sacrifice a weak unit like Recon/scouts. Make them visible in front of the tank, it will load a HE round to attack them. Thats when you bring out your tanks with AP rounds to get a few shots in.

Its a great theory anyway......."Bailing Out!"  Rolling Eyes

Nacho78Arg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Thanks folk for all the advices but I think I've had rush to Arnehem too fast. The sPzAbt. 506 finally appears at Velp (I have almost all my armoured forces to the NE of Arnhem). Since Velp has a 3-supply depot I think cut the Abt. from supply is out of the question. The first battle is against 214/43rd division (2 firefly and couple of PIAT). With a bit of luck probably I'll disabled one KT)

Nacho78Arg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:50 am Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Finally I was able to manage those KT. A combination of PIAT and FF's did the job. BTW, I was able to KO one KT with a hit directly to the front armor. Was the 17 pdr mounted on the FF's that powerful??

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

That would very rarely happen in real life, but there is a very small chance to hit the bow MG-port and thereby penetrate the frontal plate.
https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=195351

Nacho78Arg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for that info Scnelle

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: How to fight schPzAbt 506 Reply with quote

You can lure armor away with indirect  fire command with scouts near a map corner with a bazooka team waiting.. It should go where the crew hears allied gunfire. A great way to expose it's rear to your shermans or firefly. Or Don't even go near it. Try to get it stuck in the city. Troops, shermans etc can knocks out it's tracks, with smoke cover then pull them back. If it's damaged enough and the map ends in your favor as far as I know it can't be salvaged, but you have to have the enemies map supplies cut off. If morale drops from the supply cu toff it's possible to even have the whole crew bail and surrender.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: