Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 pm Post subject: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

Hello,

Im just curious, with the windows 10 thing that has ruined the play of several of these games we love, Im wondering if anyone has any plans for building mods of say German/Russian battles or other scenarios using the 32 bit PITF and GTC.   It would be great on these cool new maps to have 7 or 8 man teams and have the play ability of Cross of Iron and some of the other greats.  I know nothing of building mods, so its easy for me to ask, but i was just curious.  Im assuming the because its 32 bit, it may be much harder and time consuming to mod and what not, but i see that someone has done it with a vietnam mod for GTC.  If we essentially had a cross of iron or WAR in 32bit graphics, that would be amazing!   any insight into the future of these games is much appreciated!  thank you!

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

I dont know of any completed or in the works Eastern front mod for PITF/GTC. I think someone was working on a WAR conversion...

About making mods - Its time consuming no matter if its 16 or 32-bits graphics. But 32-bits does not make it any harder - Basically it just means that each image in the game uses an Alpha channel - that is a kind of mask for the actual displayed image ingame.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

thank you!  WAR would also be sweet!

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

An Eastern Front mod for GtC would be nice. There's lots of documents now on the soviet formations and stuff. The problem is the maps, they are like mini paintings lol

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

I agree a COI-CC3 eastern front mod would be great, I picked up Gateway to Cain a few months ago and would really enjoy fighting on the eastern front

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

I'd like to see a return to larger teams.  I love the 8/9/10 man teams from cross of iron.   The tiny 4 and 5 man teams just dont do it for me.   I also really liked the requisition point part of COI, that none of the newer games have.   I like making a battle where each person gets say 500 points and you get to pick your own toys.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

I'd like to see a return to larger teams.  I love the 8/9/10 man teams from cross of iron.   The tiny 4 and 5 man teams just dont do it for me.   I also really liked the requisition point part of COI, that none of the newer games have.   I like making a battle where each person gets say 500 points and you get to pick your own toys.  Also I wonder if its possible to have a mod that removes the fog from panthers in the fog.  I feel like it was one of those ideas at slitherine that seemed like a great idea, but just didn't work out.  Its pretty annoying.  Anyone else feel that way?   I like it other than that.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:43 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

You can remove the fog by ticking off a box in options under general.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

Thats right i forgot you could.  Played for first time in like 5 years the other day.  I couldn't help thinking why anyone would play on that setting.   I think that they are also some of the best maps in all the series', but in conjunction with the little teams and the whole force pool set up, it is a let down. I also really dont like the way the mortars operate and I want to be able to build a battle with whatever teams i want within reason.  If you could take these maps and play any of the other series's on them, especially COI, that would be my perfect game.  I'd also really like to be able to mount troops on a tank and move them across the map.  It would take larger maps for that to make sense.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
An Eastern Front mod for GtC would be nice. There's lots of documents now on the soviet formations and stuff. The problem is the maps, they are like mini paintings lol

Absolutely!  The always made the new CC games for West Front.  Wish there were new CC rewrites or mods on East Front.  Only way it could work I think is converting existing maps but then the scale would be ginormous.
My wishlist would be Dreaded88's Grossdeutchland mod conversion.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: