Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:55 pm Post subject: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

In the movement phase it says you have air strikes which work, mortars which work, but it says I have 4 artillery strikes and when I drag them to the maps, they don't 'stick'.  I can't use them.  Any ideas on that?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:20 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Stupid question maybe but it is a map with artillery strike avaliable? Not all maps can use it even if it is avaliable but i suppose you know that  Smile  

Cheers Mats

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

CC GUI seems plain but it has many embedded features. If I recall correctly, air strikes are not available if weather conditions are not convenient. Or your BG movement is deteriorated by bad weather conditions, hence the mud...

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

It may be a stupid question truly.  But ive been playing an operation for a long time and have had like 4 or 5 movement phases everyone of which has a couple air strikes, a couple mortar strikes which change in number, but each phase has 4 Artillery strikes.  But no matter which one i drag it too, it never sticks.  that's what i mean.  i would think that if they are giving me 4 strikes they would at least work or 'stick' once in awhile, otherwise they wouldn't (or shouldn't) be there.  Right?  anyway maybe im missing something stupid.  but yah, there it is.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Check "Extras" folder. Inside it there is a graphic file about maps connections and artillery support. After have checked it, you will know if it's bug (in this case report it with more details like map names) or not.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:26 am Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Sorry if its super obvious, but where is this 'extras' folder?

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Also, on: Golubinskaia battle (Creating the Kessel from the West) on Stalingrad Der Kessel mod,

Anyone have this type of issue?  So i start the battle, im germans, and my vehicles work really poorly.  2 of them instantly throw track or become immobile (which is fine, it happens), but two are totally stuck.  one keeps driving forward and back over and over no matter what i tell it to do, and the other says "no clear path" whatever direction i tell it to go.  Also, the other remaining vehicles just drive kinda funny.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Extras folder: go in the Close Combat The Longest Day main folder, then go in the Kharkov folder: here there is the Extras folder.

Please, don't post here your comments about Der Kessel. There is a thread for it in the close combat the longest day forum on this site. Here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11182  

Anyway: frozen/broken track (etc.) it's normal: yes, snow and cold it's the cause. And yes: heavy snow has consequences about path. For coding reasons, this thing is more evident in TLD than in CC5. I have already reworked the bridges in the mod in past for this reason, but other kinds of terrain are "affordable" using more "short movements". And yes, some kinds of terrain are anyway impassable for tanks/vehicles; in some other kinds of terrain tanks/vehicles run very slowly.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Ok thanks.  After this ill post in other forum only and ill copy this over too.   So just to be clear, when i start a map if i have a vehicle that can't be moved and just aimlessly spins around and never gets anywhere, or is in a spot where no matter which way i say to go, it says "no clear path", these two 'problems' are part of the normal play of the frozen maps?  Im not complaining, i fricking Loves these mods, i just want to know if its something that is intended or not.  it never happened to me in kharkov mod, just der kesse and stalingrad.

pitapot

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 am Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Has this question, the initial question about there being artillery shown as available but can't be applied, has this found a resolution? I have this same problem.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 am Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Support as to be allocated to eligible maps at the start of the strategic phase....

pitapot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 am Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

GeneralSauce wrote (View Post):
It may be a stupid question truly.  But ive been playing an operation for a long time and have had like 4 or 5 movement phases everyone of which has a couple air strikes, a couple mortar strikes which change in number, but each phase has 4 Artillery strikes.  But no matter which one i drag it too, it never sticks.  that's what i mean.  i would think that if they are giving me 4 strikes they would at least work or 'stick' once in awhile, otherwise they wouldn't (or shouldn't) be there.  Right?  anyway maybe im missing something stupid.  but yah, there it is.

That is, the artillery is shown as available, but it can not be applied to the maps.  If it is shown as available, such as airstrikes, or mortar, why can't it be applied just like the others. This is the standard games, not some edited game. That's the question not being answered.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:11 am Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

pitapot wrote (View Post):

That is, the artillery is shown as available, but it can not be applied to the maps.  If it is shown as available, such as airstrikes, or mortar, why can't it be applied just like the others. This is the standard games, not some edited game. That's the question not being answered.

Not all maps are within range of artillery and mortars even if you get them allocated on the strategic screen. Allocation is governed by the difficulty settings.

pitapot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:50 am Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

Stick to the question.  Difficulty settings on full. It is a standard game. Not strategic screen.  Don't guess. Maybe no one knows why, but it is not working properly.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: Cant use artillery strikes when it says you have 4? Reply with quote

pitapot wrote (View Post):
Stick to the question.  Difficulty settings on full. It is a standard game. Not strategic screen.  Don't guess. Maybe no one knows why, but it is not working properly.

Whats up with the attitude? - This forum has a bunch of helpfull and knowledgeable members and seldom does a question go unanswered for long.
- You come on this forum seeking help and when someone gives you an honest answer you display an attitude. Wont get you very far mate.

Read the manual and good luck to you.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov

Jump to: