Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Citrus

Rep: 3.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:46 pm Post subject: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

Anyone have a solution for this?

Run Problems.jpg
 Description:
Any one have a solution for this?
 Filesize:  131.77 KB
 Viewed:  11973 Time(s)

Run Problems.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

Matrix has never updated TLD/WAR/COI/LSA to run full screen on windows 10, run in Windowed mode but select the resolution that matches your desktop/screen.

If you have a Matrix ID you can could add a comment to this TLD thread about outstanding bugs; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394

Don't hold your breath expecting a fix but if you do nothing then 100% nothing will ever be done about it....

Last edited by Tejszd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Citrus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Matrix has never updated TLD/WAR/COI/LSA to run full screen on windows 10, run into Windowed mode but select the resolution that matches your desktop/screen.

If you have a Matrix ID you can could add a comment to this TLD thread about outstanding bugs; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394

Don't hold your breath expecting a fix but if you do nothing then 100% nothing will ever be done about it....

Fuck Matrix!  I followed the link, wrote a long message with image in that thread to show what I mean, submitted my message and the forum gave me some cryptic message about not being able to post links 7 days after 10th message.  I pressed continue, only to find my post not posted.   Rolling Eyes  

I'm convinced Matrix is running a scam.  If the games work on Steam without any problem, they obviously can make them work for Windows 10.  So it make no sense they are selling defunct games from their website.

I'll make another attempt to post my message on their forum later.  I need to cool down.  Shit should not be so difficult.

Citrus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:51 pm Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

I posted a complaint.   Hopefully that puts a fire under their asses!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394&mpage=2&key=&#4358322

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 am Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

Windows 7 runs TLD perfect for me though on my Mac via Bootcamp partition drive.  But I did have to fiddle with the screen resolution settings.  And Windows 7 runs CC4 rewrite perfect no issues.  We have been complaining about support for patches compatible with new releases of Windows for years.  Hopefully the more people complain on Matrix or Slithering website the more sense of urgency they will have.  The only CC re-write I have issues running is Cross of Iron for some reason.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

Run in windowed mode is the only solution I guess. Besides if you select "automatically hide taskbar" form task bar settings before launching the game, it is same as full screen mode.

JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:04 pm Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

You can try a DgVoodoo software from http://www.dege.freeweb.hu/ , it is intended to emulate old 3DFX cards, but can also emulate old Microsoft DirerctX APIs, converting them to newer ones. That tool often helps to run old games under modern Windows OSes.

MarkusAur

Rep: 2.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

I am sure other people have resolved this, already.  However, I will share what I did to fix this.

I *BELIEVE* the resolution of your computer/monitor settings is different than what TLD defaulted to at the time of installation.

I'm sure there are people who can say how to launch the game in some special resolution with special command line arguments, etc.

HOWEVER, this is the layman version:

Launch into "Pretty in Pink" mode (launch TLD to the horrid pink and black screen)...and sadly...slowly move your mouse around and find 'options'...and click on it.

However, you may have to play with this.  I set it to the highest resolution of the game but my play area shrunk.  Still, the clue is with resolution of your monitor and what the game thinks it is.

Once in the options the resolution will clear up. *CHANGE* your resolution to something better than the default..preferably to what your windows is currently set.

NOTE:  I had to click the 'windowed' button while I was there to make it work, also.  However, it worked....

I set my monitor and game resolution to both 1280x1024    60refresh.

Hope this helps.

churowero

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:51 am Post subject: Re: Run problems TLD Reply with quote

Hi there,

I managed to run CC TLD in fullscreen at 2560x1440, with a external tool (DxWnd), Windows 10 and nvidia gtx1070

remember save your actual config and compatibility options settings for your cce.exe or cce.exe shortcut, before proceeding

quick steps

- in the options windows in the CC TLD, set the screen resolution to the native or favorite resolution supported by your monitor, and left Windowed mode activated, and close the game

- set the CCE.exe compatibility options and just select "Run this program as an administrator" and "Disable fullscreen optimizations", CCE.exe is located in the drive:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\ (it may be different, verify the path in the executable shortcut)

- go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/ and download DxWnd

- unrar the content to a folder (example c:\tools\dxwnd) and run DxWnd with admin privileges ("Run this program as an administrator" )

- import this file to DxWnd (file>>Import...)   https://www.dropbox.com/s/kopb67yn8mpesp6/Close%20Combat%205.dxw?dl=0

- Once imported, a new icon will appear, in the new icon "Close Combat 5 matrix games" , right click in the new icon and select "Modify" in the context menu

- in the Main tab go to "Path:" textbox and locate the path for the file CCE.EXE in the CC TLD installation folder

press try, if everything works well,  click OK and, files>save
the nex time open DXWnd and double click on the icon Close Combat 5 matrix games to play,

for people that want to play CC TLD classic version, follow the same steps and import this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/c92x0v6lf6wwzle/Close%20Combat%205%20matrix%20games%20Classic.dxw?dl=0
in the path step, once you have found the executable file, put this at the end of the path    ...\CCE.EXE /D classicCC5

I hope anyone can found a shortcut to run it directly with DXWnd,

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: