Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:31 am Post subject: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Hello:

It´s my first try at tank graphic. Made from standard CC3 graphic. Not the definitive colors.  

I tried to attach the image as tga but gives me a error message despite tga being a allowed image format (In TGA the file size is 4,86 MB)

Bye

R-2 a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 KB
 Viewed:  9452 Time(s)

R-2 a.jpg

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Looks good. Unusual model for a first attempt though.
You can attach the tga as a zip file probably.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Sequoia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:59 am Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic (new color) Reply with quote

Hello:

Now the graphic my best guess of color scheme.

Pete: I'm playing COI Real Romanian Mod. It's a mod originally designed for CC3, but after porting to COI tank graphics were messed up. Su-76m lacks superstructure, all British LL Tanks looking identical, etc. For Soviet AFV it can fixed by editing Vehicles.txt, changing to COI values. But for Axis AFV some tank graphic files changes in Tanks.zfx is needed (for example in COI Real Romanian mod R-2 have Grille hull and AC turret). Instead restore CC3's AFV graphics why not try with some custom-made Romanian graphics?.

Bye

R-2.jpg
 Description:
Skoda R-2 Romanian Kaki Paint
 Filesize:  1.22 KB
 Viewed:  9264 Time(s)

R-2.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Tank is looking good Sequoia! - Nice work.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:44 am Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Tank is looking good Sequoia! - Nice work.

Agreed, looks good!

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 am Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Looks good!!!!!

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

Pete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 am Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Did you make this graph yourself? Good to see a graphics artist around on these forums.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Sequoia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 am Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Hello:

Pete wrote (View Post):
Did you make this graph yourself? Good to see a graphics artist around on these forums.

No, just changing colors and adding Aerial Identification Markings to CC3 graphics.
The markings it's like Romanian AF insignia, placed in top surfaces (in this case engine hood). Taken from the mod and re-sized.
There was another marking the "Micheal Cross", 4 M white letters forming a cross (outline only) but in vertical surface, so no relevant in this case.

The colors was the regulatory Romanian Kaki. At least for Romanian Army orders placed directly to manufacturers responsanble of production/convertion. It's the case of R-1, R-2, R-35, TACAM T-60 and TACAM T-2. Second hand AFV used to retain the color scheme applied by former owners (Interned Polish R-35, german supplied AFV, captured  Russian armor).

"Trupele blindate din armata romana 1919-1947" (a bilingual book) had color plates but the printed images looks diferent to the original artwork, there are some flaws in the priniting process, according to forumites of http://www.worldwar2.ro/. This book describe the AFV paint color as "Kaki"  

Mike Axworthy (author of "Third Axis, Fourth Ally" and Men At Arms 246 "Romanian Army of World War 2") states that a khaki color more greenish than the uniforms color, was used in helments and AFV's.

Also I looked in some color photos of AFV's in the Bucharest Military Museum, available at http://www.worldwar2.ro/

And finally a personal guess, the French military was the model for the Romanian Army before alligning with Germany. The Romanian Army doctrine was based on the French one and the best officiers went to study at Saint Cyr academy. My supposition is that Romanian were influenced by the French and choosed a color similar to used in French AFV. Then I used a green tone based on French Army Vert Olive color.

I'm not a trained graphics artist. I made the R-2 graphic with a GIF animator program that used to make avatars and signature images in another forums.

Bye

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Solid research and assessment of the Romanian colour scheme Sequoia.

Could you please give the link to the GIF program you used?

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Solid research and assessment of the Romanian colour scheme Sequoia.

Could you please give the link to the GIF program you used?

Agreed! The research is part of the modding fun. At least it is for me.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Sequoia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:52 am Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Helo:

After read again "Trupele blindate din armata romana 1919-1947", I find that the authors states that Armata Romana used same camoflage colors as the french Army, and from early 30's a khaki/olive green color. The German tanks retained the german color scheme because they were delivered directly to the front, but it's possible that some were painted in khaki.  

ScnelleMeyer: the program is Ulead GIF Animator 5, I don't remember where obtained it. The web page according the "About" feature is www.ulead.com.

Bye

Sequoia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Hello:

Now the Maresal! The COI Hetzer zhs graphic in Romanian Kaki color and "Michael Cross" at sides.

Maresal COI win.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.2 KB
 Viewed:  9078 Time(s)

Maresal COI win.jpg

Sequoia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:25 am Post subject: Now a true Maresal Reply with quote

Hello:

I made a true Maresal graphic instead of a re-painted Hetzer. Based in the M-05 prototype profile depicted in "Third Axis, Fourth Allied"

Note the centerline position of the main gun and the rectangular and more elongated shape of the roof

Bye

Maresal Scale.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.15 KB
 Viewed:  8841 Time(s)

Maresal Scale.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:34 pm Post subject: Re: My First Tank Graphic Reply with quote

Nice graphic Sequoia! - Thumbs up!

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

Sequoia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:04 am Post subject: A True Maresal Reply with quote

Hello:

The graphic was taken form a three view profile by Ioan Scafes, colored, retouched and resized. The Hetzer COI graphic and a Hetzer 3D graphic were used as references for shades. Tones of Romanian Kaki based on R-2 graphic. Instead of recoloring an existent color image, the Scafe's line drawing was painted from scratch.

Happy that the top hatch and louvres still visible at that scale.

Bye.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: