Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Incantator

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:43 am Post subject: Questions about XXX Corps Reply with quote

(I tried my best to figure these things out, but couldn't in the end Sad)

1. I'm not exactly certain about how XXX Corps advance. According to CC2FAQ by The Other Dave, it takes the following amount of time for XXX Corps to progress:

Son to Schijndel: 2 hours
Schijndel to Veghel: 1 hour
Veghel to Groesbeek: 6 hours
Groesbeek to Nijmegen: 1 hour
Nijmegen to the Island: 1 hour
The Island to the victory: 4 hours

The data seems to be true. Now Son operation starts at 1200 and was ended at 1700 by using one 1-hour truce (2+1+2=5), but XXX Corps arrived in Nijmegen City at 1600 next day, which means the troops were in Son at 0600 that day. I'm guessing XXX Corps advances starting from the 18th with the time range 0600-2000, but I'm not entirely sure.

2. I wanted to change the initial points XXX Corps receives, so I edited xxxreq in the campaign folder so that the 'points at start' is 50 and 10 respectively. I used the previous save file at Nijmegen North Bridge, but the Island still gives me 40 points. Is it just because I used a save file or do I have to change other things as well?

Also, I'm not sure why there are two cells of 'points at start'.

[Edited] I still don't know why there are two values, but at least the first one did work in The Island operation by starting a new game from the start.

[Edited2] Found out that the second value is the ponits given when XXX Corps advances to the next map, say to The Tulip Fields to The Island.

3. I wanted to change the initial tanks of the XXX Corps, but I don't know how to do this. In fact, I can't find a way to change the initial units of any map at all. Unlike the files in the base folder, it's quite hard for me to grasp other files. Say, what should I do to change the Sherman V tank of XXX Corps to something else? Can I also change the initial units of other maps in general?

It'd be also nice to know a site or a guide pinpointing the details of the data; all the sites I've searched for are closed now.

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about XXX Corps Reply with quote

Hello Incantator,

perhaps this file might contain the things you are looking for:
http://closecombat2.npage.de/get_file.php?id=19941626&vnr=802006

from this page:
http://closecombat2.npage.de/guidelist.html

from this site:
http://closecombat2.npage.de/
or
http://closecombat2.hpage.com/

Cheers
Mafi

Incantator

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 am Post subject: Re: Questions about XXX Corps Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Mafi! I think I can now change the initial units, but the first question still remains mystery to me. I really don't think XXX Corps advances on the first day, though.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: