Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Rypin

Rep: 3.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm Post subject: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.

So I went out and purchased a new desktop pc with the hopes of being able to play CC5 online with you guys but I am unable to get it to work.

I downloaded the ISO from this site and installed off of that which all seems fine, I get an error at the end of the install but click ignore. It installs to my programs (x86) folder and places the shortcut on my desktop, updated to 5.01a patch.
When I click the shortcut to run the game I get the message 'application failed to start correctly 0xc.0000022'.

I also clicked on autorun from off the mounted iso disc and the mini screen pops up where you can click on play, however when I click play it says CC5.exe not found.

I have reinstalled to just the program files folder instead of x86 and while I don't get any error messages, it won't even load.

I have turned down resolution, messed with compatibility scenarios but nothing.

Does anyone have Win10 and if so, how did you get it to work?

Thanks

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Hi Rypin, this is a known issue and since I got W10 I have not been able to install any of the games before Cross of Iron.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:39 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

I had CC3 and CC5 and mods on Windows 7 (32 bit), then I upgraded it to Win 10. There was no problem. Are you tweaking compatibility settings and run as administator?

Rypin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
I had CC3 and CC5 and mods on Windows 7 (32 bit), then I upgraded it to Win 10. There was no problem. Are you tweaking compatibility settings and run as administator?

I tried all the compatibility settings and ran in admin mode but still nothing. I get different problems depending on the place where I carry out the install but still the game will not load/work. I wonder if it is because you upgraded to Win 10, where I purchased a new machine with Win 10 already installed? Was your CC5 already installed before the upgrade? What folder is your game installed to and what settings are you using? Thanks.

Pete wrote (View Post):
Hi Rypin, this is a known issue and since I got W10 I have not been able to install any of the games before Cross of Iron.

Hey Pete, yeah I have tried several different methods to get it to work but come u short. Also I haven't been in the pc world since Win XP so I am way out of the loop on hacks and system cheats. I am hoping someone can provide a step by step installation guide for CC Normandy on Win 10 so I can give it a try.

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Rypin wrote (View Post):
ke_mechial wrote (View Post):

I tried all the compatibility settings and ran in admin mode but still nothing. I get different problems depending on the place where I carry out the install but still the game will not load/work. I wonder if it is because you upgraded to Win 10, where I purchased a new machine with Win 10 already installed? Was your CC5 already installed before the upgrade? What folder is your game installed to and what settings are you using? Thanks.

Pete wrote (View Post):

Hey Pete, yeah I have tried several different methods to get it to work but come u short. Also I haven't been in the pc world since Win XP so I am way out of the loop on hacks and system cheats. I am hoping someone can provide a step by step installation guide for CC Normandy on Win 10 so I can give it a try.

Yes, I installed as Windows 7. Back then I used the default folder installation recommended. But, you have to run installation as administrator, if not installation has a different limited view of disk.

Kerb

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:21 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

What do you mean, "run in admin mode.."?? Im the admin on my computer but yet I can't install the game either?? How do you, "tweaking compatibility settings"?? I have win 10 too.

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Kerb wrote (View Post):
What do you mean, "run in admin mode.."?? Im the admin on my computer but yet I can't install the game either?? How do you, "tweaking compatibility settings"?? I have win 10 too.

In compatibility settings, there is that option. I mean if you check it.

Rypin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:54 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Anyone got this working yet? I have tried everything but to no avail.

MarkusAur

Rep: 2.2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Issue#1

For those who don't even make it to the errors...like it just doesn't "launch" at all...
Do the install...don't launch yet...go to the ISO image/cdrom (open it up) and manually copy the CCE.exe that is in the 'crack' folder and REPLACE the one that just installed onto your computer.

Issue#2  the  00000...x22 error.

Go search in your search box or go to control panel and find:   Windows Features On or Off (or something similar).
---->  Make sure "Legacy Components" is checked AS WELL AS  'DirectPlay' (which is tucked under it).

This will eliminate the 0x22 issue.

Issue #3  However, when you run it, you might find yourself with some BS error about how your graphic card can't support 800x600 16 bit....  

Right click on your shortcut for CC5 and  try these settings (or similar to taste):   Run in compatibility mode for win98 sp2  (try '2' if 3 doesn't work).
Run in Reduced color mode (use pull down and select 16-bit (65536) color)
Run this program as an admnistrator

THIS WILL WORK.  I'm positive of it.

So, that is how you make two stupid errors go away.

MarkusAur

Rep: 2.2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:31 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to get the plugin manager to work properly in windows 10 for CC5?  If so, I'd like to learn how to do it.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Hi All,

Long Time no see  Laughing

Is there somewhere a small guide on CC WAR on a WIN 10 Workstation?

Startscreen of WAR works fine, when I want to play screen is not fully filled and only green and purple colors  Question
Since we're on this topic how does it work for CC5  :oops:

Greatings from someone who returned after years. Wink

CC WAR does not work properly.jpg
 Description:
This is what happens
 Filesize:  104.23 KB
 Viewed:  22025 Time(s)

CC WAR does not work properly.jpg

CC WAR Start.JPG
 Description:
This is the start screen
 Filesize:  113.85 KB
 Viewed:  22025 Time(s)

CC WAR Start.JPG

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

bambam887 wrote (View Post):
Hi All,

Long Time no see  Laughing

Is there somewhere a small guide on CC WAR on a WIN 10 Workstation?

Startscreen of WAR works fine, when I want to play screen is not fully filled and only green and purple colors  Question
Since we're on this topic how does it work for CC5  :oops:

Greatings from someone who returned after years. Wink

It is nice to see a veteran user here Very Happy

You could try windowed mode and choose hide toolbar from settings and if I recall correctly some resolution settings tweaking.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Hi ke_mechial

Can you elaborate on what you mean and were to adapt pls?

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Hello bambam

After the game loads see if you can get the Options to open,then under the general Tab choose windowed.

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Hello bambam

After the game loads see if you can get the Options to open,then under the general Tab choose windowed.

Platoon is right, BamBam. Besides, hide toolbar can be adjusted from Taskbar settings of windows. I will try to make screens about my experience in Win10 with different versions of CC and compatibility settings, hopefully at the weekend.

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Hold the CTRL key down as you launch the game to get the Options dialog.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:21 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

I am part of the Windows 10 club now. CC5 not working.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Running a virtual machine seems to be the only answer so far. I have tried all combos of compatibility settings.

Classic CC5 does work under TLD though.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

I am will be buying a new computer shortly and I guess there is no way around W10...
I think I will retain my W7 PC, together with my old XP machine, to be able to run these old games and some of the utilities without problems. As long as space is not a problem I dont see any issue with that, except having to move cables over when switching computers.

So none of the old games will run under Win10 or is it just CC5?

I understand Virtual machine solves the issue ? - Any downsides with using it?

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:07 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Well the downside to using a VM is it just adds to the complication of getting a game of CC in. It's already challenging enough to get an online game in.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: