Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
evilwebster

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Try a google search for VirtualBox

You can find a copy of WinXP, 32bit or 64Bit your choice.

Then, burn yourself an XP DVD (or use your old reinstall disc), install virtual box on the win10 computer and then use VirtualBox to install a winXP VM (Virtual Machine.)

I'm experimenting with it myself right now, but it seems to work pretty good. I'm in the process of installing CC in it right now.

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Im still able to play CC5 installed from the CCS .iso on a Win10 32bit install w/o any compatibility tweaks (Run as Admin or emulate XP SP3). You do have to mount the .iso as a virtual CD/DVD and select that drive location after launching the game as the original CCs required the game disk.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Thanks guys, sounds like Win10 is nothing to be worried about anyway.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Tried reinstalling and using an ISO. Still not working. The Event Log gives no useful information, just states that the app crashed. Thought it may be something with how the copy protection in the cc5.exe functions so I tried the cracked cc5.exe, still a no go.

This problem has really got me. No compatibility options work. Event Log is no help. Windows 10 troubleshooter (which is just an automated way to set compatibility settings) doesn't help.

I am hoping for some easier fix than running a virtual instance of XP. Virtual is probably the future but that will knock out the vast majority of the remainder of players.

Rypin

Rep: 3.1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I can confirm this solution works, and I am able to play in high resolution.
PS for those who may be asking, I have a clean install of Win 10 on a new machine and ran the install as normal. I did not select a different program folder to do the install.

Thanks again MarkusAur!

MarkusAur wrote (View Post):
Issue#1

For those who don't even make it to the errors...like it just doesn't "launch" at all...
Do the install...don't launch yet...go to the ISO image/cdrom (open it up) and manually copy the CCE.exe that is in the 'crack' folder and REPLACE the one that just installed onto your computer.

Issue#2  the  00000...x22 error.

Go search in your search box or go to control panel and find:   Windows Features On or Off (or something similar).
---->  Make sure "Legacy Components" is checked AS WELL AS  'DirectPlay' (which is tucked under it).

This will eliminate the 0x22 issue.

Issue #3  However, when you run it, you might find yourself with some BS error about how your graphic card can't support 800x600 16 bit....  

Right click on your shortcut for CC5 and  try these settings (or similar to taste):   Run in compatibility mode for win98 sp2  (try '2' if 3 doesn't work).
Run in Reduced color mode (use pull down and select 16-bit (65536) color)
Run this program as an admnistrator

THIS WILL WORK.  I'm positive of it.

So, that is how you make two stupid errors go away.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Original copies are available from GoG games now.

Iain from Matrix says "we've agreed to let GoG bring the original CC games up to date so they'll run on modern OS's but without any in game changes. "

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4432210

Prices are good too - $5.39 US for original CC3.

Unfortunately I dont see our favorite CC5 in the list yet, but the GoG forum says they're working on it.

They managed to get 2-4 working but are having issues with 1 and 5. We hope they'll be able to resolve them and add them to the list too at some point. Then there's the other 5 games we released. We don't have a firm date for when any of these will be available"

Also an interesting comment..."The GoG team had to go back to old retail masters and try and make them windows compatible as the source code for the original 5 games was lost many years ago before we acquired it."

LOST - yikes! Who forgot to do a backup?

MarkusAur

Rep: 2.2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to get cfgv13 to work on windows 10?

Is there  preferred location to install cc5 initially that plays well with cfgv13?   Is there a preferred location to install cfgv13?

Any help would be appreciated.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

What is the error your getting Markus?

Hank

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 and WIN10 Reply with quote

MarkusAur wrote (View Post):
Has anyone been able to get cfgv13 to work on windows 10?

Is there  preferred location to install cc5 initially that plays well with cfgv13?   Is there a preferred location to install cfgv13?

Any help would be appreciated.

It works for me. I installed CC5 in C:\Program files. I did have to add a video folder in CC5 to get cfg to work.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: