Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:08 pm Post subject: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

I took a break from playing CC III for several years. I started again and noticed that there are only a handful of new maps to play on. Is anyone out there still making maps for CCIII ? I usually play my son and wanted also to get him interested again in CCIII. I download all the maps here and at CSO.

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

Pete is in the process of converting Ortona to COI. As far as I know he has finished the map work. But thats one to look forward to.

You are right few maps gets converted and uploaded these days. - You could take matters into your own hands: 5CC can convert any other CC map you want, even those for PITF/GtC. - 5CC converts the elements and for GtC/PITF the scale to make the map playable in other versions.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

CC3/COI was always the best for adding a single battle/map.

The feature was requested many times for the Matrix releases based on CC5, ex. a spot in the editor for single battle/map not connected to the campaign map, but the developer didn’t make it a priority....

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

reconscout wrote (View Post):
I took a break from playing CC III for several years. I started again and noticed that there are only a handful of new maps to play on. Is anyone out there still making maps for CCIII ? I usually play my son and wanted also to get him interested again in CCIII. I download all the maps here and at CSO.

Bear with me a little while longer. I am now finding my way around modding the COI interface screens. Version 1.0 of the Ortona for COI mod will include around 35 new maps. ETA March 2018. In a future update I will include a few more, among which some completely new ones that were never finished for CC5 .
After v 1.0 I will start converting around 30 Operation Grenade maps of the Rhineland mod .

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

Sounds great Pete! Nice with even more Ortona maps and the original ones will probably play in a different way too based on the work you have done with rotation and coding changes on them.

Grenade maps too!  - Good plan!

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

A few new mods in the COI section of this forum. Company Commander, Stalingrad, Scorched Earth.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Sounds great Pete! Nice with even more Ortona maps and the original ones will probably play in a different way too based on the work you have done with rotation and coding changes on them.

Grenade maps too!  - Good plan!

The Grenade maps will be released with an Operation Grenade for COI mod later this year. The orientation is well suited for switching them to the left-right orientation of COI. The Veritable and Blockbuster maps will only work with the Allies attacking from the left which will require a total conversion of the WF COI mod so that is not going to happen any time soon if at all.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:48 am Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

i have 64 maps for a pretty much abandoned Winterwar mod.  I'll find somewhere to upload them and you can help yourself.  Be aware that while the coding is done but hasn't been polished.  Ideally I guess one or two people should grab them first run a few games through them and see what needs tweaking

reconscout

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the update, I have something to look forward to. US Brake a special thanks to you for letting me know about those downloads in the COI forum. I am downloading them now.

reconscout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 am Post subject: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Reply with quote

southern_land, I really enjoyed playing on all your maps you made and look forward to these. You made some really great ones!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: