Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Ubaew

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:41 pm Post subject: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Splendid news everyone: https://www.gog.com/promo/20180206_launch_promo_close_combat
You can get original CC 2,3 and 4 now on gog.com. I hope CC 5 will follow soon ...

GMAK

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

oops I've missed that thread.

"Where's the king?"

Hank

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

It has Gateway to Caen instead of 5.

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Ubaew wrote (View Post):
Splendid news everyone: https://www.gog.com/promo/20180206_launch_promo_close_combat
You can get original CC 2,3 and 4 now on gog.com. I hope CC 5 will follow soon ...

Just as a side note and it is not for promotion or publicity purpose: i got cc2 kit from gog, and install it on a win 10 laptop, without any issues; at one point the installer asked for DirectX with an option to aquire it from internet, which worked flawlessly. After that, the game run without any problems.

hope it helps,

m's

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:33 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Cool.  Things that should have happened many years ago. Better late then never I guess.

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Just bought CCIV.  I wonder does QClone or whatever it's called still work on this version.

Camandmo

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Having popped in to the site a week ago for old times sake I saw the post about GOG and CC. I Iimmediately signed up and got the downloads for my old favourite CC2 and also CC3 which I had not previously played.
I always had problems getting my old CDs to install on 'modern' pcs (XP etc). Was pleased to find both games installed easily on my win10 system and seem to be running Ok. Even letting me choose my data drive rather than my tiny system drive.
Like welcoming an old friend I look forward to many nights hearing my soldiers bleating "We're pinned down" or "Stretcher!!".
Pity CC5 is not yet up as I would like to revisit Okinawa. Perhaps I'll try my CD on Win10.

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Another batch of CC games up on GOG. CC5 seems to work nicely with mods.

Hicks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Scratch that. Strat maps are fucked on the gog version when playing mods.

Hicks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

And scratch that again... Have the gog CC5 folder and then have your mods in a separate folder. So it goes (for example):

G:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5\CC5.exe

Mods are in:

G:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5\Game Versions ¬
CC5_GJS
CC5_Original
CC5_VetBob Ardennes

Each mod has its own executable in the folder [included with the mod] and they seem to defer to the game's default executable in the root directory.

Use the pre-launch ctrl+open shortcut to disable videos.

Mods *should* work with the GOG version of CC5 now with working strat maps.

Then do a happy dance!

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Cool.  I just bought Close Combat V on GoG and noticed right away that the music is different (don't like it). Which lead me here to ask the question, what else is different, what exactly did I buy?  Is this the re made version with new code, or the old on.  Bugs ( like guest not seeing muzzle flash ) still exist or no?

Also noticed that the CCIV I bought on gog has working scroll speed, whereas CCV still warps across the map when I touch the side of the screen.

Harvest44

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

I don't understand how to get the mods to work? Are you using the plugin files? I tried to put the stuff that unpacks from the plugin into a game versions folder, but I get the video error. If I do pre-load with ctrl - open I can uncheck videos, but I still get the error.

Harvest44

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

If I copy the video file from CC5 to one of the mods and try to run the mod it will solve the video problem, but then it asks about other files in the main directory like the temp folder. Seems to be having trouble finding where the main game is being stored.

Hicks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

How have you got the files set up and which mod are you trying to run?

If it helps here is the directory structure that I've got that is allowing [some] mods to work.

G:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5\CC5.exe [gog install of the game]
G:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5\Game Versions\ [contains mods that use the same file structure as the base game, has the files DATA/GAMES/GRAPHICS/LOCALFX/MAPS/TEMP/VIDEOS/CC5.EXE/CCResourceDLL.dll]
G:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5\Game Versions\CC5_GJS\CC5.exe

GJS runs from a shortcut pointing to the executable in its own folder. The base game still has its own executable [the one provided by gog].

Harvest44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:12 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Hrmmm sounds like my problem is likely with the mod files. I"m trying to do okinawa and now I'm trying to also do gold juno and sword since that's the one you're using. When I run the config it says "Failed to Copy .\\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because .\\CC5.exe does not exist" But then it creates a file in packages for the mod that I put in the game version folder... I'm guessing that isn't enough for the mod though.

Are you using the plugin file and configuration manager to get the mod files? If so, do you get that same error message or know why I'm getting it. Or are you downloading the mod from somewhere else.

Thanks!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:41 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Harvest44 wrote (View Post):
Hrmmm sounds like my problem is likely with the mod files. I"m trying to do okinawa and now I'm trying to also do gold juno and sword since that's the one you're using. When I run the config it says "Failed to Copy .\\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because .\\CC5.exe does not exist" But then it creates a file in packages for the mod that I put in the game version folder... I'm guessing that isn't enough for the mod though.

Are you using the plugin file and configuration manager to get the mod files? If so, do you get that same error message or know why I'm getting it. Or are you downloading the mod from somewhere else.

Thanks!

Check the full path of CC5.exe its showing you. Is CC5.exe installed in that exact folder?

Refer to the GJS Install Guide for the paths generally used. If you have a different path you may require registry editing.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:38 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Posted a fix in a separate thread here and at GOG.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11768

https://www.gog.com/forum/close_combat_series/getting_cc5_mods_to_work

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:46 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

The GOG version has opened up new resolution options for me with in the CC5 options. Not sure why.

Hicks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:20 am Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Harvest44 wrote (View Post):

Thanks!

I downloaded both Okinawa and GJS from here but unzipped the plugin files and manually sorted them. If you still have problems, let me know and I'll upload the installs for you.

Harvest44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: Close combat 2,3and 4 on GOG!!! Reply with quote

Awesome! Mooxe's fix worked! Only additional step I needed to do was to copy the video files from the data directory and place them in the main CC5 directory! Thanks guys!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: