Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:30 am Post subject: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

Close Combat 5 from Good Old Games

Edit install.txt & uninstall.txt

Good Old Games included a hotfix that I presume changes the Operation "KG Müller" to "KG Muller". This is extremely problematic for all CC5 mods. All CC5 mods move the file KG Müller which is now not found in the GOG version. This will cause your mod install to fail on GOG versions. At this point, none of the major mods will work for GOG CC5. The mods require a manual edit of the install.txt and uninstal.txt files.

Use this example to modify your install.txt file. Within Windows Explorer (windows key+E) Navigate to CC5 CfgMgr\System\Packages\GJSv44 and find the install.txt file. Edit the file using Notepad. Find all mentions of the name Müller and replace with Muller.

Next, you must modify your uninstal.txt file located in the same directory. Edit the file using Notepad. Find all mentions of the name  Müller and replace with Muller.

Registry Editing

CC5 is installed to the default folder C:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5. This is problematic as it makes no registry entry that Config Manager will use. To fix this run regedit.exe and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.00. The String Value "Installed to" is left as a "." change that string value to C:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5 and Config Manager will recognize where CC5 is.

I have tested these fixes myself and successfully ran GJS under GOG CC5. The registry fixes above tend to be very similar to CC3 and CC4.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

GameRanger is not recognizing GOG CC5. Probably a missing registry entry.

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:43 am Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, I appreciate you taking the time to explain this problem. I bought several CC games GOG sells are any others having issues?

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:59 am Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

If I can figure it out... I may make a tiny patch to address the issues. I am pretty sure GOG just took an installed version of CC5 and created an installer from that, hence why we're missing registry entries.

If they reached out, some of could of ironed this out with them and solved the 20 year old /Videos folder is missing problem!

DejanS

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

Thanks a lot mooxe.

I managed to get a handful mods to work this way. Sadly, some of them still require CC5 to detect the CD when i open the modded exe file. This is of course not possible.
If I replace the CC5.exe with the original exe from GOG version, I can get in but then the game crashes when i go from strat map to a battle.

Any advise?

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

A number of mods have their own CC5.exe file which has been modded. That will explain the crashing.

I believe the CC5.exe's asking for the CDROM have not been cracked and you would need an actual CD or have an ISO mounted. You can make an ISO from from you GOG install but I am not sure it will work as the DRM has been stripped from it. If you have CC3/4 CDs you can use those when CC5 asks for a CD.

Which mod is giving you that error?

DejanS

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
A number of mods have their own CC5.exe file which has been modded. That will explain the crashing.

I believe the CC5.exe's asking for the CDROM have not been cracked and you would need an actual CD or have an ISO mounted. You can make an ISO from from you GOG install but I am not sure it will work as the DRM has been stripped from it. If you have CC3/4 CDs you can use those when CC5 asks for a CD.

Which mod is giving you that error?

Okay noted.
As far as I remember, I could not install Stalingrad, El Alamein, Kharkov, Ortona due to the no CD message.
Yes, I went on a mod spree yesterday, trying to install everything I could.

A shame, since I don't own any of the CC CD's anymore.

Prezes

Rep: 3.8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

any chance to dissolve this problem? maybe someone will try to prepare patch for GOG version, in other case their release is almost useless

KG_Loki

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:32 am Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

go to old games.com

I did my game works with mods. CCV

https://www.old-games.com/

Prezes

Rep: 3.8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:16 am Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

KG_Loki wrote (View Post):
go to old games.com

good to know:) I have all CC in CD version, but in case of any damage it could be disaster

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,

Opinions about CC5 GOG version seem agreed that GOG version has resolved many of the technical problems due to the fact that CC5 it's too old for WIN10. It's correct?

If yes: considering that all mods have the .exe file modified (so the original .exe will be replaced), they anyway work fine in WIN10 like with the (GOG) CC5 .exe?

Drizzt

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

seems like the .exe style installer would be only way to get it working?

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

For the hurry, I had read only the first Mooxe post. In the middle, there are posts that speak about this problem (so my question loses a bit of sense: my fault).

Anyway: If I remember well, every CC5 standard mod has the .exe file modded, for the simple reason that stratmap shape/position files (and other related files) are deeply coded inside it. So, only CC5 submods have the .exe untouched.
Having said this, I would like to play CC5 no ported mods (not yet ported to WAR/TLD and LSA). Someone knows which CC5 no ported mods work fine with GOG version?

Of course, I prefer to see CC5 mods ported to more recent versions (TLD is the best: very few bugs remained in this version), but it requires time… (I know this). My wish-list is:
- Winter War (I mean the new one: it seemed near to finish...)  
- Battle of the Scheldt and Ortona 43 (both are too good: need to be played, with stratmap…).  
- Africa 40/41 (it needs a work  about axis BGs: the best Axis BGs in the mod are out of the mod timeline, they have arrived later. A part of that, great mod.)
- TLD Kursk: there is a good number of CC3 custom maps Kursk-related or very similar, and the mod CC5 files already modified. Not impossible.
- Stalingrad Operation Circle.
I don’t see them in the download section, but I don’t have mentioned Okinawa and Berlin because Dak_Legion have ported them to TLD some years ago.

DejanS wrote (View Post):
Okay noted.
As far as I remember, I could not install Stalingrad, El Alamein, Kharkov, Ortona due to the no CD message.
Yes, I went on a mod spree yesterday, trying to install everything I could.

A shame, since I don't own any of the CC CD's anymore.

About CC5 Kharkov mod, I'm sure I have modded the .exe for the no CD usage. I'm also sure (because I remember it) that El Alamein mod has the problem you speak about. About other mods I don't remember exactly, but I really think they were made for no CD usage. So, I think it's a "conflict problem" (org version vs GOG version).

Drizzt

ringoblood

Rep: 1.8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

Question before I buy CC 3 Russian Front from GOG will the Mods work with it or will i need the old CD-ROMs. YES or NO. lol

Josh

ringoblood

Rep: 1.8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:12 pm Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Close Combat 5 from Good Old Games

Edit install.txt & uninstall.txt

Good Old Games included a hotfix that I presume changes the Operation "KG Müller" to "KG Muller". This is extremely problematic for all CC5 mods. All CC5 mods move the file KG Müller which is now not found in the GOG version. This will cause your mod install to fail on GOG versions. At this point, none of the major mods will work for GOG CC5. The mods require a manual edit of the install.txt and uninstal.txt files.

Use this example to modify your install.txt file. Within Windows Explorer (windows key+E) Navigate to CC5 CfgMgr\System\Packages\GJSv44 and find the install.txt file. Edit the file using Notepad. Find all mentions of the name Müller and replace with Muller.

Next, you must modify your uninstal.txt file located in the same directory. Edit the file using Notepad. Find all mentions of the name  Müller and replace with Muller.

Registry Editing

CC5 is installed to the default folder C:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5. This is problematic as it makes no registry entry that Config Manager will use. To fix this run regedit.exe and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.00. The String Value "Installed to" is left as a "." change that string value to C:\GOG Games\Close Combat 5 and Config Manager will recognize where CC5 is.

I have tested these fixes myself and successfully ran GJS under GOG CC5. The registry fixes above tend to be very similar to CC3 and CC4.

Thank you

Josh

AngloSniper

Rep: 31.6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:15 am Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

KG_Loki wrote (View Post):
go to old games.com

I bought this from Old Games but cant get the patch to install, any tips please? The patch will actually install but when I activate the patched 501 exe, I then get the No CD problem again.

"We sure liberated the hell out of this place" - Anon American Soldier, St Lo, France, 1944.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:55 am Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

Right-click on the CD drive icon of the game and select run as administrator.

During the error do you get the option to browse?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

stebla

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:54 am Post subject: Re: GOG Close Combat & Mods Reply with quote

Hi all,

If you have CC from GOG, I think the easiest solution to install mods is to extract Configuration manager zip into the same directory as the game. Then you don't have any issues with the registry entries. It worked for me for CC5 (Berlin mod) and CC3 (1945). Only for CC5 you have to solve issue with replacing KG Müller to KG Muller and for CC3 I had to install cc3bnocd_196.zip -> http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=45311

Good luck!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: