Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
oneFive

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:25 am Post subject: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

won't gameranger just open the unmodded version?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:51 am Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

I did figure this out years ago. Here my recollection...

You need to do a manual install and overwrite original TLD/LSA files. I do not remember GameRanger supporting any /D options.

oneFive

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

thx mooxe. So probably best to do a direct connect or does gameranger make for better connections?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

Direct connect would be best for mods. Make sure you open the proper ports in your firewall. GameRanger used to bypass firewalls in some sort of VPN tunnel thing but I don't think it operates that way anymore. In order to host games I need to open ports in my router.

GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:52 am Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

When I direct connect with both me and opponent on wireless router,  it is so slow I can't play.  So we figured, why not connect directly to router with ethernet cable for faster play?  Once I plug in, we can't connect.  Any ideas on that?  Must somehow change IP address maybe?  But ill be damned if it doesn't say its same IP address. any ideas?

GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 am Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

FIGURED IT OUT:

for what its worth, i know people with similar problems read these so ill tell you how i dealt with it.  As far as I know you can't make it work on game ranger. UNLESS you get shifty old school style like I remember doing way back with CC3 and I didn't know about Mod Swop.

I just changed my main Close combat The Longest Day folder to The Longest Day 2 (literally just added the number 2 to name--but thats arbitrary, you can name it anything you want).  

By doing that it will no longer launch.  Then I REINSTALLED GAME.   Now you have two versions.   Go back into old TLD 2 folder and find KHARKOV file (or whatever mod you wants folder) open it and select all folders (DATA/GAMES/LOCALFX/GRAPHICS, ETC) and Copy them.  Go back toyour  NEW TLD folder and click and paste into main folder area so that i asks if you want to overwrite everything.  Say YES.  Let it overwrite.   Now when you launch with new download HOLD CONTROL BUTTON and select "Play Windowed" and choose largest your video card can handle.   Then redo patch and GTC graphics (if your into that) and your GOOD TO GO on game ranger.  Its going to think its launching unmodded TLD.  But nah, your good.

UPDATE: I apologize but this isn't quite worked out.  This is one of those things that theoretically should work.  But when I launch with my buddy it crashes.  Will update.  It does work to change game...so i just dont see why game crashes.  will advise.  any input is helpful.  Im a layman at this but am trying.   this used to work with russian front in the 90s.

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

Same problem with Der Kessel mod.

I overwrited all the mod files in the TLD folder but gameranger does not recognize the CCE.exe

However, overwritting the files of Platoon's Michael Vetbob mod in WaR works in gameranger.

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:53 pm Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

Same problem with Der Kessel Mod in CC Wacht am Rhein, gameranger does not recognize the game's exe.

GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:37 am Post subject: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Reply with quote

It is possible to get mods to work with GameRanger.
Check out the LSA Gold Juno Sword ver. 9.0 ... GameRanger version.

For a Mod to work with GameRanger ... it requires a Plugin version to be made, and then installed using the ModSwap program.

But, that's not all. The original game Screens need to be put back into the CCImages.pix file, instead of using the mod's game screens.
When putting back the original game screens into the CCImages.pix file ... the Create Senario screen needs to be edited to show the mod's strategic map.

If you play Gold Juno Sword ver. 9.0, you will notice the buttons don't match the background game screens. I left it like that, so it's easy to remember you have the GJS mod installed.

There is a way to make it work using the mod game screens, but that is another topic ... and is more complicated.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: