Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author
mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

You inadvertently left out "There will be new features that we totally love"  Smile  Im just grateful that my wargame of choice, a very niche product, is still alive and kicking going into its third decade.

Due to the obvious difficulties in scheduling matches, you need a large, engaged beta group to thoroughly test MP, particularly for a one-off game engine.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
IMO it was high time that CC moved on from the clunky 10x10 or 16x16 pixel grids underneath the map grfx. Coding these for terrain type and elevation was a thankless task. The results were riddled with errors and omissions. And god help the mapmaker trying to code anything not perpendicular to a map edge. That gave us soldiers who looked like they were outside a bldg on the map graphic that were actually in it according to the map.txt. 3D means true slopes and contours rather than a layer cake in 1/2 meter increments. TBF's new viewshed tool, which wasnt feasible in 2D, ought to make us realize how little team-level situational awareness was available doing 'radar sweeps' with the LOS line.

Coding - LOL  Rolling Eyes

I'm not concerned about 3D. It's been around for decades.

I'm more concerned about the budget... I find the release of games before they're finished to be frustrating. I hope it's not another bug ridden mess with a promise to "fix things in the next patch" which never actually rolls around.........Hello WAR  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Yes the re-releases were not so great.  I hope this time it's different and not just the graphics.  AI is useless with the poor man's version of "re-writes".

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:00 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

The re-releases were a mixed bag.

Early ones added very little (COI) well others in the middle added lots (LSA) then the last releases added and took away things while bugs in TLD/LSA were ignored.

Don’t have faith in them anymore.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The re-releases were a mixed bag.

Early ones added very little (COI) well others in the middle added lots (LSA) then the last releases added and took away things while bugs in TLD/LSA were ignored.

Don’t have faith in them anymore.

I pick LSA as the best of the re-releases - (feel free to fire away at that comment  Twisted Evil)

COI was very good, the quality was the highest. Yes it added very little, but to be fair it was purely a re-release. Nothing extra was promised. CC3 was selling for $90 at one point used online! So it was only a Real Red re-release.

On that note.... Since going back and playing un-modded CC4 and CC5 a little, I realise they were just as buggy as the newer versions. They were new and fun at the time so I didnt notice / didnt care so much. Also I got CC4 for $5 in the bargain bin so who gives a f*&% about a few bugs!

When the re-releases came out I was much more critical, and had paid $50 so I expected something more polished. Then came the painful waiting for updates / patches  Evil or Very Mad to make the game enjoyable. Which never happened!! Thats why Michael is so pissed off, his hopes of a great CC4 update were dashed, then he was left alone at Matrix asking "When is the fix?" Tejszd, you were there too.

Because they are commercial release we expect better. If it was GJS with coding errors or historical weapons errors someone would step up and fix it and give the files to the modder.

Steve is a good guy, I did testing on Pitf as well and he was genuinely interested and responsive to criticism and bug finding. BUT he was also clear that the release date was set in stone by others and was going ahead regardless of what we found. Thats the business..............

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Steve is a good guy, I did testing on Pitf as well and he was genuinely interested and responsive to criticism and bug finding. BUT he was also clear that the release date was set in stone by others and was going ahead regardless of what we found. Thats the business..............

Yes spot on mate.  Well said.

Anything after commercial release from whomever [at] games [dot] com appears to not have any priority with regard to fixes and patches after a period of time, but yes thats business I suppose.

Trying to play a simuator on Steam at present and it's (the game) as buggy as hell.  Apparently the game egine is over 10 years old and is limited......heard that before somewhere too......... Rolling Eyes

Bazza

Rep: 0.9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

There's a new review out on Rock Paper Shotgun for anyone who's interested.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/04/24/close-combat-the-bloody-first-preview/amp/

B.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:33 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Bazza wrote (View Post):

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/04/24/close-combat-the-bloody-first-preview/amp/

B.

Hardly a glowing review.......  Neutral

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Bazza wrote (View Post):

B.

Hardly a glowing review.......  Neutral

It would help if it had been Tim Stone covering it as well. Most of the current staff there aren't worth a warm pot of piss.

For some ingame footage however: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aiYAq181WU

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:16 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

god I hope TBF isn't a bug fest like all the other CC releases. we have waited this long...so waiting longer is not an issue for me. I hate play testing there games for them. im not a fan of the linear strat ...like in Cross of Iron.....but im hoping it will still be fun.
can anyone tell me what the deal is with multi player on TBF? how do you play and fight the germans?

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Are there any news?

dj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:32 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe by end of 2019?  Waiting for Panzer Corps 2 also might be out next year.  Not much news for last 6 months.

dj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Good update on Twitch interview with gamer after the 1 minute mark with very good screen shots and combat.  

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/438465180

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:06 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):

Yes the re-releases were not so great.  I hope this time it's different and not just the graphics.  AI is useless with the poor man's version of "re-writes".

i disagree with this.. I thought COI was an improvement.. While it wasnt all that evident, there were or atleast it felt llke changes were made.. pathfinding, "tank spin" was fixed a bit, and ai was more agressive. while the ai didnt "think " strategically or with purpose. few games have ai that do..

COI is still the best to play single day battles or muti-day ops in multi-players.. the other remakes dont even compare IMO..Prettier perhaps but req system will always be superior to BG/FP system in most situations with single day battles.. Its a toss up with ops.

dj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:46 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Yes it really boiled down to what people were looking for.  Polls here and on Matrix show CC2 to be the best I would say due to the crisp vehicle pathing and AI gameplay.  

Bloody First is looking good thus far.  But that twitch feed video was odd, the guy is working in his pajamas in a dungeon studio apartment.  It shows the campaign map and individual battles too.  From what I can see it looks like you can play as either Axis or Allies and interesting to see Italians only in some scenarios instead of Germans.

dj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

Couple new screenshots this week: http://slitherine.com/news/2887/Close.Combat.The.Bloody.First.Screenshots,.with.New.Icons!

JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

This project entirely looks like vaporware...

dj

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

The scale and terrain mapping looks awkward.  Graphics look good but I wish they would NOT use that mountain terrain 3D design.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:41 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

I think I'm out.  Not sure what it is but I don't think its close combat.  It looks like playing CC on the OVM map

dj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:44 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
I think I'm out.  Not sure what it is but I don't think its close combat.  It looks like playing CC on the OVM map

What do you think about the maps?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 am Post subject: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
southern_land wrote (View Post):

What do you think about the maps?

hard to say given they're desert.  Never been a desert warrior.  But nah... not a fan

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: