Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 am Post subject: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

A new LSA Beta was released today Aug. 24/2018; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4524229&mpage=1&key=&#4524476

Must admit I had given up on Matrix.

The patch seems focused on Win10 and UI compatibility. There is 1 crash bug fix too but a number of other bugs are still not addressed. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 am Post subject: Re: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

This IS a surprise! Wonder why LSA now? Like you I had given up, the game is 7 years old now  Shocked

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:14 am Post subject: Re: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

The UI change is probably required so they could continue to try to sell the game as a lot of monitors now are 4K and the current UI is too small....

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:24 am Post subject: Re: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

That would explain it $$$

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:47 am Post subject: Re: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

They have made the beta official now; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4538800

Version 6.00.00 Changelog:

Bug Fixes
• Fixed working folder lock-in.
• Runs in 32 bit to work correctly on Windows 10.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash on battle exit.

Features Changes
• Moved options from registry so does not need admin permissions to run (Options are now in a file in My Documents/My Games/CloseCombatLastStandArnhem).
• Smoothed out key scrolling and added WASD.
• UI scaling in battle (requires restart).
• Option to obey DPI or not (requires restart).
• Can lock mouse (requires restart or tab in/out to activate).
• Can scale frontend UI.
• No longer has option for fullscreen, but can run in a borderless window.
• All new saves and custom user battles are saved to a local folder too (My Documents/My Games/CloseCombatLastStandArnhem/Games).

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I think it would be wise to adjust your expectations about these games. They obviously aren't Call of Duty or World of Warcraft. They don't have huge bases of fans and make lots of cash for the company that sells them. Can't expect them to spend time and resources 'fixing' something that only has a handful of hardcore, dedicated fans. Shrug.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

All hope on Bloody First then.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:48 am Post subject: Re: LSA Beta Available Aug. 24/2018 Reply with quote

Uberdave wrote (View Post):
Unfortunately, I think it would be wise to adjust your expectations about these games. They obviously aren't Call of Duty or World of Warcraft. They don't have huge bases of fans and make lots of cash for the company that sells them. Can't expect them to spend time and resources 'fixing' something that only has a handful of hardcore, dedicated fans. Shrug.

I agree with you that that war games do not sell like they use to and that our CC community has gotten pretty small.

But those that still mod/work on them tend not to be driven by money. On the Matrix forum there are a number games that are getting patches where some dedicated fans that can program where given access to the source code to make them better;

Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series
War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition; Released Jul 27, 2009 been a few years but there was a lot patches https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3185062
Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich: Released Sep 23, 2009 but a new patch in the works https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4556047

There are also some much older games where the original developer still is coming back with little hope for new sales and fixes things;

Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809: Released Mar 25, 2004 but patch v3.6 is now in progress https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4657291

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: