Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CCebola

Rep: 18.5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:24 pm Post subject: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

How would one use let’s say Star Wars mod with original strat layer and maps?

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

This is not a guide...just from memory:
You would have to use rtb tool to edit the gadget file where the strat map files are - Either Scrngadg or game gadg dont remember wich at the top of my head.
You would unpack the original scrngadg and the mod scrngadg, find the stratmap areas and swap those original files into the mod files before repcaking.

For maps need to check the mapindex index file in the map folder. swap in the index file from CC5 original and all original maps.

This will help you at least a bit on your way i hope.

CCebola

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:05 am Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Thanks for your response...most are plugins, how do I get the files to be able to edit?
I would then want to save and remake a plug-in with changes? I’ve never done this and feel it might be beyond my understanding at this point, I’m sure I’d have tons of questions.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 am Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

You open and pack the plugin with 7zip or some other zip program. After packing just change the extension to .pln.
Just change your graphics file and then repack the .pln.
Then, after installing the mod,just go in and change out the mapindex file manually in the CC5 directory. This is the easiest way IMO if you dont want to start editing the contents of the .pln and editing the install.txt and uninstall.txt files.

CCebola

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:16 am Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Finally getting the time to take a shot at this. Going well except the map index part, I don’t see that file in maps. I checked other mod map packs also and see none in them either. I do see an index.mpi but that’s in my original game folder. Again thanks for your help and hopefully with not much more time I’ll have it up and running

CCebola

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:24 am Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Never mind....found it

CCebola

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

NM

Last edited by CCebola on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

CCebola

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:36 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Ok so I just unpacked Star Wars scrngadg and kralea 2 scrngadg. Swapped anything relevant (or so I thought) from kralea 2 to Star Wars. Repacked and created newgdg file. I then compared the new gdg to the kralea scrngdg and it looks like they match. I then put it back into the unzipped Star Wars folder along with index.mpi and convert back to a plug-in.....install the new Star Wars mod with config manager and start game, go to create scenario and strat map looks exactly the same. There are 11 battles made for the mod and I can see my maps are there but if I go to create scenario it looks exactly like the Star Wars mod strat map. There must be something I’m missing here

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:00 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

You also need to swap normandy.tga and scenarioeditorscreen.tga into CCImages.pix
Normandy is the main stratmap graphics image.

btw there is no stratmap.txt file in CC5 as Platoon Michael mentions in one of your other posts.

CCebola

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Not sure what tool I need to open a pix file.... BTW I am no longer using the original strat and maps, I am now using Kralea 2 strat and maps.

When I repack it makes a new gadg file called newgdg... I must then rename to scrngdg correct?

I just noticed there are files DESTRSTMAP00-43.... I guess I need to swap out those also? I just wonder how many other files I need to swap that I don’t know about.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Yes, CCebola you need to rename it to scrngdg.

RTB tool will unpack/pack the pix file.

DESTRSTMAP files are for the Debrief screen map, you dont have to change them, but it makes the debrief screen look right.

CCebola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:44 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Well I have it partially correct... everything looks like it worked but when I go to scenario editor the stratmap for kralea 2 is there and all maps but only 11 maps can be selected (just like the Star Wars strat) and it gives me same stupid error when I select all 11 maps (all roads must be connected)

I’ve been playing CC titles since CC2 and I’m just sick of the WW2 theater, Star Wars mod seemed pretty cool but the strat map sucks and you can’t even edit the campaigns provided. (All roads must be connected)

I’ve done everything correctly I believe but there has to be more to it or maybe the exe needs editing. I have learned a lot through this little experience and I want to thank you for getting me this far but I’d really like to get this fully sorted out

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Nice, It looks like we are getting closer! - I have read up some more here.

You need to swap in the .btd files from the new stratmap if you did not do it already.
You also need to use the .exe that comes with the new mod-strat you are going to use.

This should be the final details I hope.

CCebola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

SUCCESS!!!! Well aside from the main screen being a bit off and some kralea 2 battle group icons mixed with Star Wars icons, and uniforms look off but it plays great and all units and maps are utilized which is exactly what I wanted.

I am probably going to redo the whole thing over again and it should go a lot smoother second time around. I think I swapped a few too many scrngdg files then I needed to.

Once again I thank you for your guidance and helping me achieve something I’ve wanted to do for years now. If you are ever in the New York/New Jersey area dinner is on me my friend

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Using mods with orig strat and maps??? Reply with quote

Great! Good job on your part buddy!

If you really want to you can use the Screenpatch function of the RTB tools to adjust the mainscreen.

Uniform color codes can be exported also with RTB and Extract from.exe function. You export as text and use SLDColor tool to manually put the values into the .exe file you are using to play the mod now.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: