Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
waldganger

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:05 pm Post subject: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

No, the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! But there is a life after CC !!! I have a work and a family with two childrens !!!

I don't want sacrified my life for a simple play... 90% of the mod BoK is release : datas, graphics, sounds, music, exe and stratmap (big thank to my friend Pil) but i have a serious problem with the 44 maps : apparently Southernland don't want continue to make the maps : there is 5 -6 maps released and i 'm not a mapmaker (and I haven't the time...).

I have 2 solutions :

- to find 40 CC3 maps and recode them for CC5
- to find a new mapmaker
- Or I can create, paint and code 44 maps... and the mod will release in 5,6 or 7 years (perhaps...) ...

What do you think ?
Confused

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather find 40 Maps from CC3. There are a lot of good maps, even some by SouthernLand.
Don't cancel your efforts!

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The battle of kursk would be most interesting. Hope you'll find maps or a map maker.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure know what you mean!! I think you should go ahead with CC3 maps. It would be a shame to waste all your work because the lack of new maps.

You can always update the mod in the future if you get new maps!!

Good Luck!

Cheers Mats Smile

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

waldganger wrote:
No, the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! But there is a life after CC !!! I have a work and a family with two childrens !!!

I don't want sacrified my life for a simple play... 90% of the mod BoK is release : datas, graphics, sounds, music, exe and stratmap (big thank to my friend Pil) but i have a serious problem with the 44 maps : apparently Southernland don't want continue to make the maps : there is 5 -6 maps released and i 'm not a mapmaker (and I haven't the time...).

I have 2 solutions :

- to find 40 CC3 maps and recode them for CC5
- to find a new mapmaker
- Or I can create, paint and code 44 maps... and the mod will release in 5,6 or 7 years (perhaps...) ...

What do you think ?
Confused

Salut, ami!

Well,, the problem here is "simply" that you did maybe not took into account that a CC mod can be 80% based of ...maps.

A CC mod is:

1) If you think only about historic, data, etc..... 80% historical reasearch, stratmap, datas.... 4 to 6 month work.
2) If you want to go further, with improved graphics, sounds, etc.... at least 2 to 3 months more.
3) The maps? The maps are, unfortunately, maybe 30 to 60% (it is large but...) of the mod. After everything is OK you can
a.choose to use existing maps (including CC3 ones). It is a good -not the best- choice.
b. do your custom ones. I did it with SDK and I will -partly- do it again with SOC. Attila and Cathartes did it for GJS. The african mod makers (El Alamein, Africa 41...) did it as well.... Tejszd did it also partially for his fantastic Meuse Mod....

All I can tell you now is:

1) You have made a big work with your files. If you don't want to go further because of your family life, I don't think that Nobody here will take iot bad.
2) Your choice is now: Do I give up or do I go with CC3 maps or.... MY answer is a) Don't give up (Pyjager is however NOT the nickname of Peter Gabriel!!) b) Think about it. THere aree a lot of mapmakers here that can help you.

Don't think anyway that making a CC mod is easy and FAST. It is a 2 years full time work.

And this is really the reason why I will NEVER give up in face of some hackers -you know what I mean- who simply hack in 10 minutes the hard work of some peole who have spent years of their time to make a CC mod.

Simply as this.

IF YOU WANT SOME HELP TO PAINT YOUR KURSK MAPS, just tell me... anf find a maps coder please.

Cheers, très amicalement mon ami

Frédéric -Panzerjäger

waldganger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your messages.

I think that each one among you holds a piece of the solution. I looked at maps CC3, much are beautiful and little known. Some can be easily modified in order to adapt them to the scenario of BoK.

Thank you Pzjäger, mon ami et camarade, for your proposition. I am not a mapmaker but I manage with PsP, I miss 2 or 3 concepts to make maps. If you agree, I will ask for some details to you (but I know that with SOC in preparation, after your superb SDK, your time must be precious) . With your help, I must be able to create some new maps.

BOK will continue and I hope that soon you will be able to play the biggest tanks battle with most mythical divisions of the panzerwaffe and of Red Army !!!

Wittmann44

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi waldganger,

was the name of your mod in the past "Kursk 1943 - Zitadelle - Battle of the Voronezh Front" or is that another Kursk mod?

I think the community has many very good mapmaker and i think its possible to create some very good maps for the big tankbattles in kursk Smile

Will your mod have 40 or 44 maps?

Do you have some screenshots of the mod to give us a short impression Smile
But don´t work to fast like the big publisher and make a good mod for the great CC5 Smile

Can´t wait to play the biggest Tankbattle in the history!

Good luck!!! Smile

lanimageden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up~~~

世人众口难调 惟我雅俗共赏!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep working on it, My Friend! Looking forward to this one!
Another alternative method would be to edit existing Russian maps. You'd still have to partially paint the map and recode it...but it's faster than creating maps from scratch...we're taking this route in BoS45 since no one in the team is a dedicated mapmaker.

Incompetent_Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No, the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! But there is a life after CC !!!

Is there!!??? wow a life after CC, I could never conceive such an idea! (joke)
Just wanted to say - dont give up please. keep up the good work!

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate men" Heinz Guderian

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

I sent a message to waldganger and asked him about the mod, not sure if he still checks the site. I hope he releases a beta at least. I noticed that many mods have been initiated and never completed. Matrix Games should really support modders or hire them, I am reluctant to buy new products but rather like  to see new mods...

SQUIDMAN

Rep: 18.7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 am Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

Sorry I can't add help, have tried in past to change maps. Failure!!!! But please keep trying, to finish!!!!!

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

Are you waldganger?

What is your problem?

This mod must be FINISHED

heia Safari!!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

It would be very nice to have a mod without girly soldiers and mortars that somestimes even miss the target! Compared to that its a real pleasure to use the CCStarter and play a great CC5 mod again...

Mats

qwaqwe

Rep: 36.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:23 pm Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

NOT dead?

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

I concur. What happened with it? Is there any hope left?

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

TRY;)

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/kursk/

heia Safari!!

qwaqwe

Rep: 36.1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am Post subject: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Reply with quote

Maybe Matrixgames will produce Kursk by themself?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Kursk

Jump to: