Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
How's this for CauMt5 (kursk)  All hills made flat tops, the elevation was 0-50 meters reduce to 0-10.  Trees redone and all tank stopping elements removed grey scale image to show new elevations

It’s very good for me, I like it. Thanks!

qwaqwe wrote (View Post):
I talked above that art. and mortar barrage should be more deadly, because in Kharkov mod they almost useless.

They are as they were in real life (in WW2). They pinned down the enemy and very rarely cause massacre. Soldiers in movement and vehicles are the more exposed to them.
Kharkov mod? I have used a setting in the middle between CC5 Der Kessel mod and TLD original game. I have lost the count about how many tanks I have immobilized/destroyed and how many vehicles/guns I have destroyed with artillery in Kharkov mod. So, you have wrong expectations about them, and, maybe, you use them in wrong moment.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

I agree with mortars being useful to pin down troops. I use them many times just to try to stop infantry from getting too far. I think, generally, the mortars are too destructive to infantry that are hunkered down in ambush mode. I have had entire units utterly destroyed as the mortars seemed too accurate in a given small area.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:57 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Hello:

About the grenades, the RGD-33 was used in AT role in a bundle of 3-5 grenades (as prescribed in the 1938 infantry manual) in the same way that the German Steilgrenate in the Geballte Ladung (both are stick grenades). The RPG obr. 1940 was called "Voroshilov Kilogram" and was heavy and lacked penetration (20-25mm). My notes states just "RPG-43 Mid-43'", but I guess that a Guards formation expecting a German armoured offensive was in the top of distribution list.

Southern Land, your CauMt5 map it's one of my favourite custom maps!

Bye

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:02 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Lesna map spun 90 degrees, valley widened, map cropped then lengthened again

Lesna2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  199.37 KB
 Viewed:  7719 Time(s)

Lesna2.jpg

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
I agree with mortars being useful to pin down troops. I use them many times just to try to stop infantry from getting too far. I think, generally, the mortars are too destructive to infantry that are hunkered down in ambush mode. I have had entire units utterly destroyed as the mortars seemed too accurate in a given small area.

In part I agree. It's something more related to the re-releases than old CC games, and it regards the use of mortars in general (not mortar barrage). Anyway, very rarely I have seen a team destroyed by a mortar, but yes, it has happened also to me and it's a thing very implausible.

Sequoia wrote (View Post):
About the grenades, the RGD-33 was used in AT role in a bundle of 3-5 grenades (as prescribed in the 1938 infantry manual) in the same way that the German Steilgrenate in the Geballte Ladung (both are stick grenades).

Ah ok, you meant the grenade bundle. In this case I agree.  

Lesna map spun 90 degrees, valley widened, map cropped then lengthened again
Excellent Southernland: I like it, thanks!
If you have will and if it's not a work too long, can you do a job like caumt5 map on caumt4 map? Even if there isn't a readme here, I see possible serious obstacles in this map: I refer to the slopes made of rocks.

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
Excellent Southernland: I like it, thanks!
If you have will and if it's not a work too long, can you do a job like caumt5 map on caumt4 map? Even if there isn't a readme here, I see possible serious obstacles in this map: I refer to the slopes made of rocks.

yep shouldn't be a problem

southern_land

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:03 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

haven't made any maps recently... thought Id got rid of the bug

Kurs13.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  421.44 KB
 Viewed:  7596 Time(s)

Kurs13.jpg

Kurs12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  414.33 KB

Kurs12.jpg

Kurs10.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  389.67 KB

Kurs10.jpg

Kurs11.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  412.94 KB

Kurs11.jpg

Kurs14.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  375.3 KB

Kurs14.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Nice maps and good work taking this mod and raising it from its grave:) Thanks guys.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:44 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

haven't made any maps recently... thought Id got rid of the bug

Hi Southernland,

Thanks for this work!! I can replace some of the "hills Kursk maps" and some of the "green maps" thanks to you.

A quick thing about reworked maps: if you write the name of the original map on the preview (near the new map name), you help me to individuate immediately which map is: in this way it's more quick for me to understand if it has been already used in one of CC5/TLD mods and/or how much is different from the original map (in my way of think, new maps are of two types: the completely new ones, and the reworked maps that are very different from the original ones).

About the maps:

- Kurs13: I don’t recognize this map. It's a new map? I really like it! I will use it for sure.

- kurs12: it’s caumt4 map reworked. Excellent work, thanks!

- kurs10: ukr1 map that I have used in Kharkov mod, here converted in kursk style. It has been reworked. I really like this map (both the original one and this map). Usually I prefer don’t use maps already used for CC5/TLD mods, but here I can see an effort to re-create the real combat terrain (half of the map it has been deeply reworked), so I ask you only these two things:
1) Delete the burnt buildings (also the wood one) in the center of the map and replace them with 1-2 trench. Delete the small tractor and fill/close the relative field (opened by the tractor).
2) Optional: I don’t know how much work it needs, but if it’s a simple thing, please remove some of the “plays of light” from the map. More in general, I’m not a fan of these kind of lights on the maps (in particular when they are very evident/marked), so please don’t use them in a deep way (thanks).

- kurs11: ukr4 map that I have used in kharkov mod, here converted in Kursk style (and a bit reworked). After kursk mod, I have planned to work (very slowly) to improve kharkov mod in several aspects (Data, forcepools, VLs, some maps replacement etc.) : this is one of the maps that I want to change (I don't like it), so I will not use this map for kursk.

- kurs14: I don’t recognize this map. It's a new map? It’s a stalingrad style map very suitable for kursk style and I really like it. I will use it. Thanks!

A quick summary about the first maps you have showed me and my first requests.
- KRail: I have asked to you a deep work on this map and if you prefer to privilege other maps work, for me is ok.
- PAKFRNT : I count on this map. I like it. Thanks!
- Krskwde : on this map I have asked to you a small work. After it, if you move it in vertical (with the hill to the north) it's simply perfect for me.
- caumt5: work done (beautiful work, like on caumt4)
- caumt2: I count on the small work I have asked for this map (if you have will to do it).
- lesna1: work done. Lesna1 has become lesna2 (thanks!).

Thanks for the attention.

southern_land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Coding up Lesna2 today.  PM me an email and I'll start sending the maps through after a little testing - they should compress to 6-8 meg

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Thanks Southernland!!

6-8 mega it’s very good (mid-size maps). I have sent you the PM.

I have a last request on a custom map, if you have will. Urban maps are uncommon among custom maps (they are the most long to create) and surely in kursk mod stratmap there aren’t big cities, but 4-5 small towns yes (I mean more big than villages).
Among custom maps, I have chosen 2 urban maps (both made in a kind of stalingrad style very suitable for kursk style and never used in CC5/TLD mods), but there is also another map that seems to me very good and that I'd like to use: “sebas” is its name (I suppose it means “Sebastopoli/Sevastopol”, considering the name and what I see on the map). My request is to delete in the north part of map the following things: the dock, the wall before the beach, the beach and the water (and of course the ship), replacing them with terrain/trees and some buildings (small buildings, to make the job easier). The map is in the download section of this site.

Thanks again for the maps work.

southern_land

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Sebas is one of mone.  It's a revamp of one of the Stalingrad maps.  Probably easier that I start again with the base map.

Got a name for the map?

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Had to give it a name  Oboyan  approx 60kms SSE of Kursk

Oboyan ext.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  288.22 KB
 Viewed:  7446 Time(s)

Oboyan ext.jpg

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Had to give it a name  Oboyan  approx 60kms SSE of Kursk

Excellent work!
Oboyan was a key point of the offensive in the south never reached by the germans. I will use this map as “Verkhopenye”, 30 Km south of Oboyan, so you can call it “verkho”, if you want (I always rename custom maps so it’s at your choice).

I have only two quick and very easy requests:
- don’t paint church interiors (desks, altar etc.) in the big building near the center part of the map (it’s more east, it’s not in the center) : I want use it as Town hall (VL), but I’m not sure if you have thought/painted it as Christian church or just as a big building (Note: I don’t refer to the Orthodox Church, that it’s located more south-east and it’s of course perfect as church).
- What are the “white rectangles” on the roof that I can see on the very big building in south east part of the map? I think it’s better to delete them, because they remind me solar panels.

Thanks!

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:32 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

I think the rectangles are skylights.  I'll either close them out or make them obviously so.

I might delete the steeple of the town hall then.  That'll make it less of the church and easier to code

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

I think the rectangles are skylights.  I'll either close them out or make them obviously so.

I might delete the steeple of the town hall then.  That'll make it less of the church and easier to code

About skylights, I prefer you close them with roof textures. About the Town Hall steeple, I like your solution: excellent idea.

Thanks!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Looking good guys!

Good to some of the old gang still keeping things going....

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

Probably the last one.  I think if I'd had better google images of of the Kursk area a couple of years ago this mod might have progressed further.  Just couldn't find the inspiration back then.  

Any use Drizzt?

Rozhd copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  468.86 KB
 Viewed:  7357 Time(s)

Rozhd copy.jpg

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:28 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

The map it's good, I have in mind a stratmap position for it. My only doubt it's about the size: it gives me the impression to be very small, but maybe it's just an impression. How much is in mb the bgm file? If it's too small, I fear that entering in the map from north or south, the attackers will take a part too big of the village as deploying area. To have a bit more terrain around the map could be a good idea.

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD Kursk mod Reply with quote

no its full size.  I've made some of the buildings a little larger to make coding easier

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: