Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Loganismyhero

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 pm Post subject: New to CC series Reply with quote

Hello

I've been eyeballing the new CC that's coming out but before I jumped into that game I though I'd try one of the older ones.

Any recommendations for a new guy? Do you have a preference to one over the others?

Is there one game that has more mods than others? I see there is a CC5. Is that just a mod?

Just got here so I'm off to browse the forums here.

Thanks

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:26 pm Post subject: Re: New to CC series Reply with quote

My favorite is CC3/ Cross of Iron.. COI is a remake of CC3 which looks they made no changes to it at 1st glance but under the hood the ai and pathfinding was revamped and is superior to CC3

CC3 has probably the most most mods and definately the most custom maps w/o question..  quite a few of the mods for cc3 were converted to work with COI and all the maps for CC3 will work without issue with COI. CC5 has alot of mods as well but im not really a CC5 player. I bought cc5 the very 1st week it was released and played the very 1st online grand campaign against an opponent on the MS zone. The Remake of CC5 would be TLD or The Longest Day

For online play with single battles, CC3/COI is superior IMO but CC4,5,TLD,WAR,and LSA are great for campaigns but never was a fan of the single day battles for online play.

In CC.. Online play is where its at. The AI is occasionally passable but there is no comparison against a live opponent. My heartbeat still increases every time i play an opponent and ive been playing CC since 1999. There is a mod called 'veterans mod' that compensates for the weak ai by increasing the numbers on the ai teams. The modders did other changes but that was a major one

To play online , we use gameranger and there is a discord server we kind of congregate at it to talk shop and set up times for battles

one note:  GOG Close combat games do not play nice with mods at all..  Its a registry issue and totally makes the zeppo config managers useless so if you want mods, do not get CC from them.. GOG is a great company but i dont think the coders had ever played CC and knew how their registry changes would effect the biggest selling point of CC.. the mods

Loganismyhero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: New to CC series Reply with quote

Thank you!

I didn't realize that the GOG versions have trouble with mods.

What about Steam? Same issue?

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: New to CC series Reply with quote

I suggest you start with COI. COI and CC2 do not have a strategic map , just like the new 3D game, so that you won't get distracted by this feature (that never fully matured) of later games such as CC5, TLD, WaR, LSA, GtC.
Note that on W10 there may be issues with these old games and you may have to browse the forums to find a solution.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:45 pm Post subject: Re: New to CC series Reply with quote

Loganismyhero wrote (View Post):
Thank you!

I didn't realize that the GOG versions have trouble with mods.

What about Steam? Same issue?

Only CC i know of for steam is GtC and PitM..  neither have many mods

Loganismyhero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: New to CC series Reply with quote

Gotcha

I'll wait for a sale on Matrix then

Loganismyhero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: New to CC series Reply with quote

These games ever go on sale? $40 for a 7+ year old game is a bit much

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:15 am Post subject: Re: New to CC series Reply with quote

Loganismyhero wrote (View Post):
These games ever go on sale? $40 for a 7+ year old game is a bit much

biggest issue i have with war game companies is their business model.. dlc's to death, few sales on older titles,and some games are just over priced. I know its a nitch'e market and all but sometimes it just seems like a fuckin to me

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: