Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:42 pm Post subject: Re: Medal graphics, particularly CC5 and its mods related. Reply with quote

WOw, excellent work Hicks!

It would be nice if you added Italian medals, (1940-43).

Also Ebro mod: Spanish Nationalist and Spanish Republican forces.

If you are adventurous, you could research Greece, Albania, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the 'Low Countries', Norway, Brazil (fought in Italy '43-44), and even Thailand/Siam (minor Axis power allied w/Japan '43-45).

That should give you a challenge.

:)

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:36 am Post subject: Re: Medal graphics, particularly CC5 and its mods related. Reply with quote

Excellent work again Hicks.

May I suggest adding:

-Panzer assault Badge. In place of the infantry assault badge. With the possibility of having various nations, one could do a distinct "vehicle" nation with it's own voices (more radio crackling noises, using their own jargon and with background vehicle sounds) medals and uniforms. Likewise with other distinc, branch specific awards, like navy awards for US Marines I think they received some distinct medals. SS troops... I'm not sure probably they had the same medals as the Heer.

-Close Combat clasp. Come on it is an award called literally  Close Combat, how is this not in the game? Could be in place of the Iron Cross 1st class or german cross and pretending a subsequent 2nd Iron cross2nd class is the upgraded 1st class.

images - 2020-06-10T210711.824.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.74 KB
 Viewed:  5493 Time(s)

images - 2020-06-10T210711.824.jpeg

800px-Nahkampfspange_Heer_Bronze.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.76 KB
 Viewed:  5493 Time(s)

800px-Nahkampfspange_Heer_Bronze.jpg

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: Medal graphics, particularly CC5 and its mods related. Reply with quote

I've got quite a few drawing projects on at the moment, but I can add these on to the list  Smile

I looked at most of the European nations and have some Italian medals done. I can have a look for more as a set of resources that people can tag into mods.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: Medal graphics, particularly CC5 and its mods related. Reply with quote

Hi Hicks,

I found this awards and medals resource site

Traces Of War

It has some miniature images crisp clear already, I think it will only need very minor tweaks to use them in close combat.

Hicks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:42 am Post subject: Re: Medal graphics, particularly CC5 and its mods related. Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Hi Hicks,

I found this awards and medals resource site

Traces Of War

It has some miniature images crisp clear already, I think it will only need very minor tweaks to use them in close combat.

Good find!

I ought to be able to fill in a few gaps with this and be able to add some more resources for others to use. I don't suppose you have something that makes doing the shading on an A2 size portrait go faster as well?  Laughing

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Medal graphics, particularly CC5 and its mods related. Reply with quote

Hello:

Why not work in an alternative medal to Order of Kutuzov for the Soviet side? For example the Order of Glory.
If I correct in this, the Order of Kutuzov was mainly awarded to unit leaders and deputies.
The Order's grades relates roughly to the three levels in the Military Art (In Soviet Military Doctrine): 1st= Strategic level, 2nd= Operational, 3rd= Tactical.

Bye.

Hicks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:02 am Post subject: Re: Medal graphics, particularly CC5 and its mods related. Reply with quote

Sequoia wrote (View Post):
Hello:

Why not work in an alternative medal to Order of Kutuzov for the Soviet side? For example the Order of Glory.
If I correct in this, the Order of Kutuzov was mainly awarded to unit leaders and deputies.
The Order's grades relates roughly to the three levels in the Military Art (In Soviet Military Doctrine): 1st= Strategic level, 2nd= Operational, 3rd= Tactical.

Bye.

What I'm likely to do is collect medals together, edit them and make them available as a resource for people to use in arrangements they like  Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: