Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
FreeKing

Rep: 26.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:44 pm Post subject: Map Crashes Reply with quote

Full disclosure - this is Jagre3-3. Because my previous account was a yahoo, the reset password functions and stuff won't go out to it. Tried to get ahold of Mooxe, but he didn't reply, and I was unable to get back into the account. It's no offense to you, Mooxe. I wanted to keep moving on my mods, and fighting the problems with having a Yahoo account on this site was getting tiresome.

Anyway, to the title of the post. I've got all the maps in Last Stand Arnhem cut down to CC2 map sizes. The small map mod, by this point, is pretty much finished, but I've got some map crashes that I assume are related to the bridge graphics, because the concerned maps crash every time I turn the trees on in-game, and the map sizes being cut down has shifted the position of the bridge graphics. So, my question is two-fold:

Can I shift those bridge graphics back over the top of the bridge (they're not tied to an element in the map coding, because none of the map coding changed. I just shrunk it down using the data actions menu in 5CC), or is the bridge graphics position hard-coded?

And, is there a way to shift the explosion graphics back onto the bridges, as well? Those don't show up anymore either because of the map size change.

And, lastly, Arnhem Rail Bridge won't load at all. It crashes on "Initializing AI" when playing as the Allies, and has the crash when I try to turn on the trees. Is this a map issue? Some sort of coding tied to the AI being able to destroy the bridge, and because the middle and lower portions of the bridge no longer exists it crashes? I've attached it, just in case it's something on my end, and I'm hoping you guys can take a look at it.

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

Revise the Bridges section of Data/Base/Campaign.txt to reflect the new tile locations for the bridge damage graphics and river line.

At a guess, the CTRL+T crash may be too many treetop graphics trying to be displayed outside the map boundaries as a result of tree elements being on the perimeter of the cut-down map.

You're files didnt get attached.

FreeKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

Jatke wrote (View Post):

Revise the Bridges section of Data/Base/Campaign.txt to reflect the new tile locations for the bridge damage graphics and river line.

At a guess, the CTRL+T crash may be too many treetop graphics trying to be displayed outside the map boundaries as a result of tree elements being on the perimeter of the cut-down map.

You're files didnt get attached.

Turns out the file was too big. I attached the .txt for the map, though. I don't think it's the trees being on the edge. The Ctrl+T crash only happens on some of the bridge maps that have bridge graphics.

ArnRlBdg.zip
 Description:
Arnhem Rail Bridge .txt

Download
 Filename:  ArnRlBdg.zip
 Filesize:  28.05 KB
 Downloaded:  327 Time(s)

Jatke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

The mapname.txt isnt helpful by itself. Easier if I knew how many elements were cut off each side of ArnRlBdg, then I could replicate your edit on my end.

FreeKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

1680 pixels cut off from the bottom. Top half of the map I left intact. 168 rows of elements removed

Jatke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

You removed the main span of the bridge that get the damage graphics superimposed when its blown. For this edit to work you'd also need to remove the entire Arnhem Rail section from Data/Base/Campaign.txt and change the bridge count from 14 to 13. Dont think this is the direction you want to take with an LSA small maps mod. Taking or blowing the bridges is an integral part of the campaign.

FreeKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

And I'm having some trouble figuring out what the damage and graphical data corresponds to in Campaign.txt. It doesn't appear to be a reference to pixel location. The VL index isn't by number in the list, i.e. the original state 7 for VL0, but Best Bridge is # down in the original BTD. The bridge data is like Greek to me.

FreeKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

Jatke wrote (View Post):
You removed the main span of the bridge that get the damage graphics superimposed when its blown. For this edit to work you'd also need to remove the entire Arnhem Rail section from Data/Base/Campaign.txt and change the bridge count from 14 to 13. Dont think this is the direction you want to take with an LSA small maps mod. Taking or blowing the bridges is an integral part of the campaign.

I was afraid of that. As a test, I removed all bridge data and all of my crashes disappeared. That sucks.

I'm having some trouble figuring out what the damage and graphical data corresponds to in Campaign.txt. It doesn't appear to be a reference to pixel location. The VL index isn't by number in the list, i.e. the original state 7 for VL0, but Best Bridge is number 8 down in the original BTD. The bridge data is like Greek to me.

Jatke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

The 4 digit values for the bridge damage graphics and river lines are tile references (= 4x4 elements or one line of mapname.txt). Tile values can be found in the Coordinates box of 5CC as shown below.
The VL values in Campaign.txt are simple counts of the VLs in the mapname.btd file. EG. the only bridge VL on Best is 7 which is the eigth VL in Best.btd (all CC counts start at 0).

coords.jpg
 Description:
Tile value at the cursor is shown in the Coordinates box (Visibility/Show Coordinates)
 Filesize:  35.92 KB
 Viewed:  4198 Time(s)

coords.jpg

FreeKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Map Crashes Reply with quote

Jatke wrote (View Post):
The 4 digit values for the bridge damage graphics and river lines are tile references (= 4x4 elements or one line of mapname.txt). Tile values can be found in the Coordinates box of 5CC as shown below.
The VL values in Campaign.txt are simple counts of the VLs in the mapname.btd file. EG. the only bridge VL on Best is 7 which is the eigth VL in Best.btd (all CC counts start at 0).

Okay, river line and damage tiles I understand. There's a second line underneath them. See below for what I have currently:

# BEST
2,1,3,1,0,2,6,-1,-1,1,1897,1898,1899,1900,1901,1902,1903,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,2229,1123,1072,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,
0,1310,1731,396,394,1310,1731,396,394,-1,-1,0,0,1392,1782,192,240

What's that bottom line referencing to? Checking against the original Best, 1310 is up toward the top of the map, and nowhere near the bridge. I appreciate you answering my questions, man.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. Appreciate the help Jatke!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: