Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
EagleEye

Rep: 14.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:16 pm Post subject: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

I was trying to play mods such as Afrika and Krete, but I can't start them because I get an error regarding a missing CD.

I've tried an Hex comparison between the GOG and the originale CC2 exes, found only little differences in adjacent bytes and I guessed that this was the no CD part changed by GOG, I've copied these bytes from the GOG exe to the Afrika one but nothing changed, always an error regarding CD... Someone has an idea about how getting it to work?

My YouTube Channel
My Discord Server for Close Combat Players
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

EagleEye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

Problem solved! I've missed one byte before these values, now it works like a charm!

My YouTube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

FreeKing

Rep: 26.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:27 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

Being as CC2 through CC5 are available on GOG now, and run perfectfly fine on the new operating systems, might be a good idea to edit the .exe for the mods that are using an older .exe. It would make those mods compatible with the GOG, and part of the reason why I didn't play some of them when I picked up CC5 on GOG.

EDIT: Thought we were talking about CC5. Musta forgot it was in the CC2 section.

EagleEye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:40 am Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

I don't have CC5 but I can try to convert them if you give me the exe, I'll convert the CC2 mods with modified exe and ask to mooxe to upload them in the downloads section.

I need the GOG exe and the original exe of the game so I can patch the mod

My YouTube Channel

FreeKing

Rep: 26.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

You’ll have to grab a copy of your own. It’d be illegal to give you a copy of the GOG exe.

EagleEye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:11 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

FreeKing wrote (View Post):
You’ll have to grab a copy of your own. It’d be illegal to give you a copy of the GOG exe.

I was talking about the exe of the game, not the installer, only with the exe and without the other files you can't do anything, otherwise even the exe inside the mods would be illegal, but if is not a legit thing nevermind

My YouTube Channel

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

Being as CC2 through CC5 are available on GOG now, and run perfectfly fine on the new operating systems, might be a good idea to edit the .exe for the mods that are using an older .exe. It would make those mods compatible with the GOG, and part of the reason why I didn't play some of them when I picked up CC5 on GOG.

EDIT: Thought we were talking about CC5. Musta forgot it was in the CC2 section.

Actually..  You would be wrong.. the problem why the GOG versions have issues with installing mods has nothng to do with the GOG modded exe but has everything to do with the registry entry the gog version writes and the value that zeppo's config manager looks at..

EagleEye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

KG_Brandenburg wrote (View Post):

Actually..  You would be wrong.. the problem why the GOG versions have issues with installing mods has nothng to do with the GOG modded exe but has everything to do with the registry entry the gog version writes and the value that zeppo's config manager looks at..

I don't know for the other CC versions, but for CC2 I've used Zeppo's Config manager on two mods without particular issues, I was at a dead end with all the mods that modified the .exe because they asked for a CD that you don't own...

My YouTube Channel

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

EagleEye wrote (View Post):
KG_Brandenburg wrote (View Post):

Actually..  You would be wrong.. the problem why the GOG versions have issues with installing mods has nothing to do with the GOG modded exe but has everything to do with the registry entry the gog version writes and the value that zeppo's config manager looks at..

I don't know for the other CC versions, but for CC2 I've used Zeppo's Config manager on two mods without particular issues, I was at a dead end with all the mods that modified the .exe because they asked for a CD that you don't own...

unlikely you used the GOG version of CC2 with zeppo..  seriously, their version writes a different registry entry and since  , zeppo uses that entry to tell it where CC is..there is zero chance of the program working . I just looked and I have the gog version of CC2 as well as the original cd image.. ill might run a few test later
---------------------------

as for the no cd error.. That can easily be bypassed by emulation with a program like Daemon Tool. I have COI and the original CC3 installed at all times. The image i have of CC3,was made with my original disk and works fine.. I will definitely get an error trying to run CC3 w/o loading up the CC 3 image. I have phased out all use of CD/DVD's on my PC and just use images,*.exe's or steam. More efficient and takes less physical space.

EagleEye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: Running mods with modified exe such as Afrika mod Reply with quote

I've checked the registry path used by zeppo:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=81

Mine is exactly where expected, and in fact Zeppo is working. What is your issue with CC2 registry entries?

Regarding using daemon tools is fine if you have bought the games when they were sold in CD format, but for someone that buys a GOG version is asking to buy a used copy of the game to play some mods or to look around for ISOs of the game, I think having the mod that works directly without CD check is definitely easier and better

My YouTube Channel

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: