Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bendit

Rep: 9.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:28 pm Post subject: [RELEASED] Thinner fog effects for PitF Reply with quote

This mod replaces the thick fog in the default game with thinner fog. I created it to have a clearer view of the battlefield, while still having some visual fog effect. The idea was to come up with something in between no fog visual effect and the default thick fog, which obscures the battlefield a bit too much. See the screenshot for the difference.

It's a cosmetic mod only. It will not reduce how well fog conceals troops in game, nor will it make available air support on foggy days.

How to install:
Copy the mod into your PitF install directory, overwriting the default GameGadg.gdg  It is good practice to backup your GameGadg.gdg file first.

Nb. You can always turn off the cosmetic fog effect completely in game with F9. You must have fog turned on in game options (F9) to see the thinner fog mod.

Download: Thinner Fog mod

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:42 am Post subject: Re: [RELEASED] Thinner fog effects for PitF Reply with quote

"It is good practice to backup your GameGadg.gdg file first. "

Indeed.. I keep a backup of the entire CC directory if I use mods or am actually modding.. reinstalling games over and over can nuke your registry. This way, I can reinstall CC in about 10 seconds

never could get into PitF or GtC.. A few things I dont like and while i could mod some of the things to be more acceptable. really donot like CC games that use the BG/FP system..  Im a CC3/COI player and will always be but do occasionally play CC5/TLD or GtC too

Good job on the mod. It takes motivation to mod. Ive started a modding project myself. Well I have several modding ideas but just started to implement one. All because I wanted to make the computer play the camp im making better and indeed it does

Bendit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:46 pm Post subject: Re: [RELEASED] Thinner fog effects for PitF Reply with quote

Thanks KG. This is my first PitF mod of several, hopefully. I don't like the limited FP/BG system of PitF and GtC either, but with a lot of modding PitF to increase BG diversity, adding some weapons, overhauling weapons (panzerfausts!) that seem to have been sloppily coded, optimizing and re-balancing, PitF is now my favorite. FreeKing's small map mod is a total game changer to improve the AI for PitF too.

Last edited by Bendit on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:33 pm; edited 5 times in total

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:18 pm Post subject: Re: [RELEASED] Thinner fog effects for PitF Reply with quote

Good job on the Pantherfog Bendit! Thanks!

I think its good to start out modding small stuff and then progress when a certain familiarity with tools and formats has been achieved.

I hope you keep on modding bud!

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: [RELEASED] Thinner fog effects for PitF Reply with quote

Bendit wrote (View Post):
Thanks KG. This is my first PitF mod of several, hopefully. I don't like the limited FP/BG system of PitF and GtC either, but with a lot of modding PitF to increase BG diversity, adding some weapons, overhauling weapons (panzerfausts!) that seem to have been sloppily coded, optimizing and re-balancing, PitF is now my favorite. FreeKing's small map mod is a total game changer to improve the AI for PitF too.

the main thing i like about  PitF and GtC is the increased # of teams .. instead of 15, 21 is the limit now and i really dig the graphics and the look of the explosions and smoke.. What I dont like is the small team sizes , tank speeds and yes, these can be modded to some degree, some of the issue is hardcoded though and cant be directly changed so you have to indirectly manipulate cc to do what you want which is a mixed bag..and while its not an issue, infantry combat is more like CC2 than cc3 or 5..  Cc3 infantry combat is far more hectic and lethal. The developers probably extensively reworked the elements file in GtC i think. Atleast i suspect they did

Bendit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:13 am Post subject: Re: [RELEASED] Thinner fog effects for PitF Reply with quote

Thanks SchnelleMeyer. I am starting small, but it's fun learning and seeing what can be done.

I miss those epic mods of old that added so much realism and variety to CC.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: