The lack of news does not bode well in my opinion. This game was first announced as a 2014 release. Now we are 6 months past that target date and no new screenshots have been released, let alone gameplay videos.
On the positive side: at least this time it does not appear to become a rush job.
Been a long time since any news. When I saw this thread got bumped hoping there were some screens now. But like you said, rather they take their time and get it right than be in a big rush and flop.
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:59 am Post subject: Re: First Screens!
2 pre-alpha shots released. Looks like they have a long long long ways to go... I have bought combat mission battle normandy with the modules and final blitzkrieg in the meantime and they are excellent. Actually hard to go back to close combat style play after it.
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens!
And nothing yet. Almost vapoware by now .
Really hoping for:
- multiplayer 2-2, or 3-3 map options with proper map sizes
- bigger battlegroups than 15 units, make it 20, 25, depending on selected "difficulty" or so
- better and agressive/smart AI. What I've seen so far, not great, but this can hopefully be fully programmed for this game.
- vehicle routing improved, looks ok so far.
- stratmap, preferably with LSA style options, merging/splitting BG's, supply drops/cut-off suppy line etc, to take this game beyond tactical to fully strategic.
- easy moddability/map making, preferably with options for modders to import existing mods.
Any compromises in these areas will probably not get me back to a new 'same same but different ' installment.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum
In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited
and found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some
of the great Close Combat mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank
all the members of our volunteer staff that have helped over
the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!