Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:44 am Post subject: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

All those interested, Mooxe has give me access to upload the game for public use.  Thank you, Mooxe!

Here it is:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/bel8910/.

Read Me file:
This is a mod of Gateway to Caen called "A Shau Valley".  It is a Vietnam mod taking place in the middle to late 1960's when the United States sent support to the South Vietnamese government in an effort to stop the spread of communisim in Southeast Asia.

This mod was inspired by the CC3: Vietnam mod for the CC3: The Russian Front.  

Credit goes to a many people, many of whom I do not know by name, so these are all "general" thanks, if you will.

Thank you to the team at Matrix/Siltherine/Atomic Games for the game in general and for the basis of the some of the graphics I used.

Thanks to Steve 'The Blood' McClure and Catherias for helping me through some of the mod difficulties.

Thanks to the map makers on the Close Combat Series website for all the maps I used.

Thanks to all the people who made the tools for modding (CC5 map making, RTB, CCMunger, XTank, gadgetmunger, etc.).

Thanks to DAK_Legion for his assistance.

Thanks to the all the Vietnam web-sites I used for inspiration and the graphics on the Hueys.  As a fellow veteran, I salute you and thank you for all that you did over there and here.

Finally, thanks to Mooxe for his web-site and the ability to share this with all of you.

Okay, what do you get?

21 Military Assistance Command-Vietnam battlegroups.  These are based on the 1st Field Force, Vietnam.  I took some liberties since 1FF operated out of Central Vietnam and this mod takes place in the northern area near the DMZ. But, the teams, generally, were under command of 1FF and operated in the A Shau Valley.  The only exception to this is the TF 116, which, of course, operated in the Mekong Delta.

14 People's Army of North Vietnam (PAVN/NVA) and Viet-Cong (VC) battlegroups. For the PAVN units, these units did operate in the A Shau Valley.  For the VC, I made general teams, with the exception of Main Force teams.  They are based on the VC organization, though.

CC3 Maps converted to use in GTC.  

Weapons of the era including the M16, M79 "thumper", M60, Stoner, CAR-15, AK-47, AKM, RPG-7, SAM site, etc.  
Vehicles of the ear including the Huey helicopter, Chocktaw, Kiowa, Cayhuse, Sea Knight, Chinook helicopters, "zippo" tanks, "duster" AA tanks, Jeeps, Sheridan's, LVCP-5, PBRs, and tango boats.  T-55, BTR-40, BTR-60, BTR-50, PT-76, and spiderholes for the VC/PAVN.

KNOWN BUGS
Ok, the only two issues I have found are:
1) Sometimes the AI is not very aggressive.  I usually use the 15 minute time limit and right at about the 6 minute mark the AI "wakes" up and makes it's attack.  Unless you are on a small map and then you are fighting the whole 15 minutes. (For a challenge play map 03 Truong Lam...the VC are on you right away).  Triva...does anyone know where the inspiration for the Troung Lam map came from?

2) At the end of a battle, battle within an op or campaign, the game crashes.  Steve told me this may be a graphic problem with the mod.  I just have not had the opportunity to fix this.  Don't worry...if you are playing an op/campaign, once you restart the game, you go back into right where you left off.  You just don't get to see how your soldiers did at the end.

That's it.  Enjoy your time in Vietnam, "Cherry" "FNG" and "get back to the world" when you can.

If you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, PM or post in the G2C forum.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:05 am Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

Installer version for Matrix owners of GTC will be up soon.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 am Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

Thanks Bel8910!

Thanks Mooxe for hosting the CC forums and mods!

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

Will check this out in a couple of weeks, since I am abstaining from CC these days due to urgent real life issues Smile.  

How is it installed for the GtC Steam version? Do we just copy and paste the folders? It would be neat to have some kind of a plugin manager (like the config manager thing). TIK used something similar called JSGME, is it also usable for your mod?

Again, thanks a lot for the interesting mods!

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

JSGME can be used. All you would have to do is install thjis version, drop JSGME into the AShauValley folder, run JSGME and install. Delete the icon on the desktop that the installer makes to, as its uses the /D switch.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:12 am Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

This is great Bel8910.
Cant wait to give it a go! Thanks for all the work.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:32 am Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

Seems I will have to buy GtC after all...

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:52 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

Is it possible to use the installer for the Steam version? If not, how would you recoömmend that I install the mod?

Thanks in advance.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

The installer will not work with Steam. You need to download JSGME to install. I haven't used it yet, unsure of its operation.

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:07 am Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Fix (Temp) Reply with quote

So, I figured out why the mod crashes at the end of a game, at the results screen.  It is the Music.sfx file causing the problem.  I assume it is because I only I have 3 files where GTC had a few more.  Recommendation: Turn off your music.  I will work to see if adding music will correct the problem.  Any suggestions?

softmaker

Rep: 18.4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:31 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

I get these Error all the time ...

"Close Combat encountered an internal error at adress 0x4C4860 and will now exit. Game Version: 2014.6.5.2"

Please Help me

Bel8910

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

I still get that error, too....I still haven't figured what "bug" it is...sorry

softmaker

Rep: 18.4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

Ok, i'll have to wait till it is fixed...

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:03 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

Thanks Bel8910

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TomBombadil711

Rep: 3.8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

softmaker wrote (View Post):

"Close Combat encountered an internal error at adress 0x4C4860 and will now exit. Game Version: 2014.6.5.2"

Please Help me

I get this error too, cannot start a single battle. How to solve this problem?

TomBombadil711

Rep: 3.8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: A Shau Valley Mod Reply with quote

TomBombadil711 wrote (View Post):
softmaker wrote (View Post):

Please Help me

I get this error too, cannot start a single battle. How to solve this problem?

I had the same problem. There are two A Shau Valley folders ("AShauValley" and "GTC A Shau Valley"). I had to install both using JSGME and it works for me. At least I am able to start a scenario, did not play one to the end though. Hope this helps.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: