Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm Post subject: CC5 installation issues. please help! Reply with quote

I got this to work in the past so i know i CAN...but i never did it with windows 10.  I have CD...although i dont even remember if there was a serial number when you bought it, but it didn't ask.  its downloaded....full install.  ive tweaked with comparability settings... but when i click on icon...nothing happens.  just sits there.  game never launches.  i KNOW this is an old issue probably and probably asked a few times.   is there a link to some instructions?  ive looked through the forums and can't find the right one.  any help is much appreciated.  thank you kindly.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Reply with quote

Update, if disc is in it and you do auto run, it will put up the initial screen where you hit "play" but then disc spins and nothing ever happens or launches.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Reply with quote

Its been so long..... did this original disc come with a serial number or code?   i feel like i remember it having one. i dont have one...or lost it.  but it didnt ask me for it....

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Reply with quote

The Atomic CC5 CD had copy protection (no serial but a CD check). I think there is a no cd version of the exe in the downloads or instructions in the forums on how to hexedit the CD check out of the exe.

The Matrix CC games all have serial # protection.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:16 am Post subject: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Reply with quote

Its just weird that it installed without ever asking me for the serial number....  I found CC5_NoCD.zip which ill mess around with.  thanks again.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:23 am Post subject: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Reply with quote

Im embarrassed to say this, but the plain old patch fixed it. i didn't bother to install the patch because game wasnt working.  etc.  thanks for the input.

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The Atomic CC5 CD had copy protection (no serial but a CD check). I think there is a no cd version of the exe in the downloads or instructions in the forums on how to hexedit the CD check out of the exe.

The Matrix CC games all have serial # protection.

With CC, you could make an image  of the cd and load the image..That works too. Thats how I play CC5 w/o a physical CD

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: