Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:23 am Post subject: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

Like many, I do not have the almost $70 (Oz) to splash on something that doesn't work.

So if you have it..... Please post your comments for or against here.

Personally I hope its worth the wait.

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

Bendit

Rep: 9.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

There's a very informative review here if you are interested: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/04/wot-i-think-close-combat-the-bloody-first/

FreeKing

Rep: 26.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:23 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

Figures. Fans of the series could make a better game with more detail and a better simulation than developers paid thousands, maybe millions, to make one. I picked it up to try it out, but I hope I didn’t just get shafted.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:35 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

Bendit wrote (View Post):
There's a very informative review here if you are interested: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/04/wot-i-think-close-combat-the-bloody-first/  

Ouch!   [Hides credit card against drunken midnight spends]

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:18 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

I have played a couple of hours now and i will give my impressions..

Positive things: All the sounds are saved in Wave unpacked. Weaponsounds/Music are real good but why couldnt they have made some new voicies? It is the old German and Amercian.... There are new voicies for the Italians (where is my pizza?) There is a scenarioeditor like the "Road to Baghdad" and "Modern Tactics" and that is nice. There is no mapeditor. Vehicles and soldiers looking god. Moving units are shown by arrows that shows the way where it will move ( finally they have learned something after the disaster with vehicle movements in "Last Stand Arnhem"...)

Negative things: Mapgraphics real good but sorry guys...it is not enough for me. Maybe im getting old and are damaged from the old games but for me it is very hard to get some "overview" of the battle...i click and move the units and they get slaughterd. It is the same kind of things i didnt like with "Panthers in the fog" when some units is noticed shown with the question mark...the Girle Soldiers and "no clear path" is imported too...

For me it feels like geeting good and new graphics for Close Combat was the main purpose and as i said..that is nothing for and old fool like me... (i still love Dungeon Keeper, Blitzkrieg 1, and Close Combat 5)

No way i will pay 377SEK=34EURO=31GBP=38USD for this game..sorry!

"Det är ju kuken sa Glenn Hysen!" :-D

Greetings Mats

jakebullet70

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:00 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

I have got a few hours in. It is not bad. Takes some time to get used to the new 3d engine and I really like that you really can see LOS easily. I am having fun.

It is still close combat and let's face it, each new close combat some of your old game related tactics failed from the previous version and you learned some new game related tactics. Same here.

But...

Not worth $40. Just not worth it. Kicking myself for spending it. Got caught up in the moment.
$20 and I say ok.

Wait for the sale guys.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

I just noticed it was out by chance, looking at other games.
Gonna look at some reviews and vids, I really feel like buying it right away just 'cause it is CC.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:53 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

How do you rate the A.I. performance?  I read on reviews that A.I. kind of cheats with Eagle eye perfect L.O.S.  Not the first time I heard of cheating A.I. in gaming.

Sapa wrote (View Post):
I have played a couple of hours now and i will give my impressions..

Positive things: All the sounds are saved in Wave unpacked. Weaponsounds/Music are real good but why couldnt they have made some new voicies? It is the old German and Amercian.... There are new voicies for the Italians (where is my pizza?) There is a scenarioeditor like the "Road to Baghdad" and "Modern Tactics" and that is nice. There is no mapeditor. Vehicles and soldiers looking god. Moving units are shown by arrows that shows the way where it will move ( finally they have learned something after the disaster with vehicle movements in "Last Stand Arnhem"...)

Negative things: Mapgraphics real good but sorry guys...it is not enough for me. Maybe im getting old and are damaged from the old games but for me it is very hard to get some "overview" of the battle...i click and move the units and they get slaughterd. It is the same kind of things i didnt like with "Panthers in the fog" when some units is noticed shown with the question mark...the Girle Soldiers and "no clear path" is imported too...

For me it feels like geeting good and new graphics for Close Combat was the main purpose and as i said..that is nothing for and old fool like me... (i still love Dungeon Keeper, Blitzkrieg 1, and Close Combat 5)

Greetings Mats

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

I'm amazed at the bugs being posted on the Matrix forums as I do not know how they could not have been caught/seen in testing.

I'll wait to see what fixes/patches come before even considering the purchase as I do not trust Matrix to fix them giving some of the obvious bugs ignored/left in the previous releases.

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:30 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

For now i am not convinced the game is worth buying to be honest.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

Wow, just looked at Omaha beach on CCTBF.
Fuck, what a disappointment compared to CC5 or CC5 bloody Omaha.

Overall the graphics are a downgrade from Close Combat 5. I don't really know how else to put it. I'm not being a contrarian, it just seem objectively obvious that the graphics are inferior.  
I would be reluctant to introduce my friends to CCTBF as a realistic war game just because of the shity graphics. Why not have a realistic and cool looking battlefield with good graphics e.g CC5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2m7RJ8dI0
Check out the explosions on Omaha beach on this video.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:50 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

[quote="dj";p="89975"]How do you rate the A.I. performance?  I read on reviews that A.I. kind of cheats with Eagle eye perfect L.O.S.  Not the first time I heard of cheating A.I. in gaming.

I really cant say (gave up the the game after 3 hours). I think the AI dosent cheat anymore than the old games  Smile one thing is great they have finaly gave the vehicles engine sounds (like the blitzkrieggame from 2003). Used all the new great sounds (and music) and made a new soundfile for TLD  Very Happy

[quote="Sapa";p="89954"]I have played a couple of hours now and i will give my impressions..

Greetings Mats[/quote][/quote]

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

One thing most annoying about all these videos is nobody uses the move fast command.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
One thing most annoying about all these videos is nobody uses the move fast command.

And the "move" graphics for soldiers look as if they are grandpas who are trying to find their way to the WC in the middle of the night...

"Move" order is supposed to be the cautious type of movement, so why not at least make them move their weapons raised.

Apart from this, the videos and reviews confirm that this is yet another cash grab attempt. The Rock Paper Shotgun review sums up how broken the AI still is (see the link below). I can live with shitty AI as long as they had decent and reliable multiplayer. But as you know, this game runs also only on their shitty servers.

The review of RPS:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/04/wot-i-think-close-combat-the-bloody-first/

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

checking in

just noticed this

https://closecombatthebloodyfirst.gamepedia.com/Official_Close_Combat:_The_Bloody_First_Wiki

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:05 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

FreeKing wrote (View Post):
Figures. Fans of the series could make a better game with more detail and a better simulation than developers paid thousands, maybe millions, to make one. I picked it up to try it out, but I hope I didn’t just get shafted.

With the assets such as graphics or data editing..  perhaps but do not confuse modding with actually writing a game engine..  Most fans do not have the necessary skills in C++ or C# to being able to understand much less edit most of the lines of code (not sure what language is used but its probably one of those)

<edit>  btw.. i actually do or did have those skills around 2009.. earned a degree in 2006 in programming and by 2009 i was at the peak of my proficiency but life happened and I stopped coding around that time

JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:56 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

Was any patches released by now? Stability issues? Generally, should it be treated like preview or like real game? Had bad experience with Jagged Alliance re-runs...if you know what i mean.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

There are at v1.00.06.... So 6 patches so far....

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:13 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

v1.00.07 came out Dec. 11; https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4732248

Based on feedback to the patches they are getting closer to what should have been the v1.00 release.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:01 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Bloody First Reviews Reply with quote

Now just waiting for the sale..........

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: