Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
AjK

Rep: 14.4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:49 am Post subject: gun crews unkillable? Reply with quote

Hello,

Regarding Stalingrad mod:

I didn't read all the 10 pages so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

AT and infantry guns seem to be extremely hard if not impossible to kill by infantry. I have assaulted guns as close as 10-20m from behind. My infantry team is firing their rifles and throwing grandes on the gun&crew and nothing happens. Excpet the gun traverses 180 degrees and starts firing at my infantry team.

Is there a bug with certain (I've played only on the German side) guns/crews that they can't be killed? Right now the only way to get rid of an enemy gun is to destroy the weapon itself with another large caliber gun or possibly with satchel charge/explosives I don't know. Even in these cases the crew usually gets away intact.

I'm still in the opening battles so I've encountered mostly russian 37mm AT guns and possibly some 45mm AT and 76,2mm short barreled infantry guns in case this problem is gun specific. My only destroyed gun is a German Pak38 which was blown away by a russian tank. This crew bail out unhurt aswell.

Finally I'd like to thank the mod mod team, this is the greatest mod ever. Very well done in every aspect, playability and balance are right on target.

Ajk

EDIT: My apologies to forum admin. I was posting a reply to the Stalingrad bugs/mistakes thread but by mistake made a new topic instead.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have assaulted a 37mm gun yesterday in H2h, and I succeed to bail the gun out. So you had maybe an excellent team in front of you and not much luck.
Have anyone else experiences the same thing?

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it a few times. I was never lucky enough to kill it. Even with 2 or 3 teams, my assault gets beaten up. I've only played German side so far.
Best scene: Commandsquad + Assault team attack from house directly into the gun! Only 2-5 metres. The whole force gets killed as the gun just slowly turns and fires while the crew seems to kill my men melee-wise without suffering any losses.
Had similar things happen with attacks from different sides.

Also mortars seem to be useless against guns also and continous fire from HMGs from ranges between 75 and 200m seem useless also, even when firing to the backside of the gun where no shield is mounted!!! Not one crewmember gets killed or hurt!

Thats a bit anoying but can most of the time be dealt with, if you have a tank or Stug at your disposal. They seem to kill guns with the first shot every time! Never missed a gun with a Stug, which also seems strange but makes up for the weak performance of infantry assaults Wink

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

MarcinT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I assault German ATGUN 37mm with infantry from behind --- and i need anly one granade to bail out crew but ...

When i saw a GUN and my HMG or MG see it - i may fire even 1000 rounds at this gun from diffrent sides and even didn't hurt any of its crew Sad ---- so i never fire at gun from HMG ot MG, caouse it is usuless Sad

GS_Schimpf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't test it for the German guns. But for the Russian ones it is as I posted above. No chance to kill them with infantry.

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah guys i confirm that i made mistake Sad .

will be fixed either in next patch or in update.

for now use guns/tanx/ATRs to kill enemy guns.

poli

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Dima-no sweat! were still all testing it , and , as my wife can confirm, we (or at least I) am totaly addicted to this awesome mod!!

POWER tO YA!

Very Happy
:lol4

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found something Dima.

Don't worry about the FEW bugs found! With CC there is so many details (data, graphics, sound, etc.) that there will always be a number of things to touch up....

GS_Schimpf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that all people are helping to get those bugs found and Dima is always there to fix them!

Good job on that!

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Antifa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
yeah guys i confirm that i made mistake Sad .

will be fixed either in next patch or in update.

for now use guns/tanx/ATRs to kill enemy guns.

I kind of like the strength of the guns. (I have picked the crew off with sniper fire and MG fire but rarely -- as I imagine it would be, I've also wiped out entire guns crews with well placed mortar fire.

As far the crews go -- I've killed them too -- but IN ANY MOD -- the gun and tank crews can be a pain in ass, particularly against the AI -- the AI seems to have reserved those crews for the most outlandish events in CC games. It mostly happens when the AI is losing the campaign and you have it set on difficult for yourself -- the difficulty becomes that a single member of a tank or a gun crew with a hand gun can single handedly take out two assault teams. (I've had this happen in the Karelia Mod.)

Any case, I think the general indestructibility of gun crews is an AI issue.

but . . . in all of Firefox's Mods, the gun crews and tank crews respond to commands after losing their manned weapon. How can I change it so they do that?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Command gun and tank crews can be controlled after the gun or tank is destroyed, Use Qclone and edit the team data.

AjK

Rep: 14.4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to a fix at some point but there's no need to push it Dima. This is no show stopper issue Smile

Like Antifa said, it's better this way. Too vulnerable gun crews could result guns to become useless and that would hurt gameplay a lot more. So please do only some minor adjustements at first.

Anyway thanks for such a wonderful mod, it was nice to be able to help a little.

ajk

Megadeth

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ive taken out many at guns with a sniper....both german or russian...and when the crew is killed the gun explodes...u know the big blast u get when u hit them with a tank !
I also experienced the same problem of having a whole assault team get slaughtered from this bloody pak crew Question Question Exclamation

MarcinT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Russian AA 85mm has only 5 AP rounds ?

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcinT wrote:
Why Russian AA 85mm has only 5 AP rounds ?

They were AA guns. And AA guns don't need AP shells to engage aircrafts.

MarcinT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but in cc we rather engage tanks than aircraft Smile

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

there were not enuf 85mm AP shells.

Merkstra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more of a general question. I did a quick check on several mods and noticed that all guns have armour all round. Most guns I know only have a gun shield., so why is there rear armor? Is the armor coding of guns in CC (not just in this truly great mod) set as it is to enhance playability or what?

And yes I also lost to many men on the guns. It makes the game more tense, but can also be a bit unrealistic, but what the heck. This one of the greatest mods.

socrates

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an unusual battle where the Russian AI had selected to have no less than 5 AT guns. It done this after I had killed all of it's command units. I hatched a plan where my infantry was in the second line of buildings with MG34s covering the front and no less than 4 8cm granatenwerfers in the rear. I thought my mortars would make mince of the gun crews in no time and I could bring my infantry forward. I gaped in amazement as countless mortar shells burst directly on the crews heads with absolutely no effect. Shocked Crying or Very sad
In reality those guys would be so much strawberry jam.
My own German AT crews can even (rarely) be killed by small arms fire from the front and they live in fear of Russian mortars even when in excellent cover.
Is this a fault with the game data? Or a result of the vetmod? Do AT guns have top armour? Please fill me in.

Monkey see monkey do

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is the armor coding of guns in CC (not just in this truly great mod) set as it is to enhance playability or what?

yes.

Quote:
My own German AT crews can even (rarely) be killed by small arms fire from the front and they live in fear of Russian mortars even when in excellent cover.

guns r virtually invulnerable to mortars in Stal(and some other mods) due to gameplay reason.

Quote:
Is this a fault with the game data? Or a result of the vetmod? Do AT guns have top armour? Please fill me in.

yes guns have top armour.
was made on purpose to enchance gameplay.

u still able to supress guns with mortars and then KO with other means Smile.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: