Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author

Do you like Pocket Mods
Yes, I have played PM and I like this kind of mods
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
No, I have played PM and I don't like this kind of mods
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I have not played yet this kind of mods
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Ifni

Rep: 5.1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:07 pm Post subject: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

Hi¡

As most of you know, we are working now in several pocket mod, so we would like to know what do  you think about them?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

I like smaller mods. For one, they take less time to make. Second, the modder does not get hung up on having to create and code up to 44 maps or more. I would prefer the pocket mods already out there to have a few more maps, maybe up to 5 or 10. Would make them more worthwhile to play H2H.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Ifni

Rep: 5.1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I like smaller mods. For one, they take less time to make. Second, the modder does not get hung up on having to create and code up to 44 maps or more. I would prefer the pocket mods already out there to have a few more maps, maybe up to 5 or 10. Would make them more worthwhile to play H2H.

Hi, Mooxe. i agree with you 100%.

I always play against PC, and with I'm playing a GC often you always play the same maps, so I think it's a pity to make 44 maps when you only play 10.

Regards

HawkerHart

Rep: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

I've never played a Pocket Mod. But all this pocket mod forum activity has got me interested. To the download section I go Very Happy

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

Should be more interesting for players too...since you don't need to invest a whole lot of time playing through a full-blown 44 maps mods  Wink
The ideal pocket-mods with 5-10 maps should provide some nice 2-10 day Ops for single player and H2H.

JaguarWolf

Rep: 8.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

I definitely prefer pocket mods.  I wish there were more of them.  Not that there's anything wrong with the standard mods...I mean...it's nice to play a full blown campaign etc.  But sometimes....that just tends to drag and drag.

Especially for H2H...or when you want to just "get to the end of it" of the mod....these pocket mods are a better choice.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

I haven't touched my Kokoda Trail: Isurava mini-mod in months...kinda lost interest and focus a bit...but I'll slowly chip away at this project again in the coming months.
I've also started working on the Operation Goodwood (GJS-TRSM mini-mod) with Karlmortar (and Sapa helping out with the mainscreen artwork)...this should be fun for GJS fans!
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7542

I'm also busy 'studying' my collection of ASL scenarios...converting some of these into CC mini-mods should be fun!  Idea

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:23 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

Quote:
I've also started working on the Operation Goodwood (GJS-TRSM mini-mod) with Karlmortar (and Sapa helping out with the mainscreen artwork)...this should be fun for GJS fans!

I agree, and there is a lot of other of GJS minimod possibilitys, like Operation Epsom, Bue coat and more.
Perfect future minimods for anyone interested.

"CC for ever"

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:14 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

hi!

I love the pocket mods

you can play faster operations

the time to do a project is minimized.

there are 1000 maps for cc3 that can be used

and countless battles and operations to discover......

enjoys making quick mooding

heia Safari!!

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:06 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

I played a few - most of them had content for less than a hour of playing. Not worth it, IMHO.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

hi!

that's the key.

h2h fast games

could create a pocket mod ...... sure is very tired and busy for that truth Wink  Wink  Wink

heia Safari!!

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

Therion is a strange case...he doesn't like pocket mods...but loves CCMT (featuring single battles only) Wink

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Therion is a strange case...he doesn't like pocket mods...but loves CCMT (featuring single battles only) Wink

Haha good observation. Pocket mods with only one or two maps may not be worth the hassle of installing. Especially using config manager.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Haha good observation. Pocket mods with only one or two maps may not be worth the hassle of installing. Especially using config manager.

Maybe skip the config manager and use standalone installs for pocket mods?
There's a bunch of free installer-maker softwares you can experiment with.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:42 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Maybe skip the config manager and use standalone installs for pocket mods?
There's a bunch of free installer-maker softwares you can experiment with.

If they are going to be that small just go with modding them into WaR and TLD. You dont need a config manager there.

Fixing it by experimenting with another 3rd party application only increases the work for the modder.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:58 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

/D switch is perfect for pocket mods

Both War and tLD have various "Pocket" style mods available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

Yep, can't argue with you there.
...now modders will just have to experiment with how to combine StratEdit and Mafi's latest tool - BTD-Editor to create mini-stratmaps.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 am Post subject: Re: Do you like Pocket Mods? Reply with quote

I'm surprised they aren't more popular. Given the fact that players seldom finish a grand campaign, I would think they would be more prefered. You get the strategic map, but also the benefit of interconnected battles that immediately become more important.
I once played a multiplayer game of the Japanese Russo war H2H. I had a blast but I don't think my opponent enjoyed it because there was something wrong with some of the buildings and he was taking a real mauling. He was the Russians.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Pocket Mods

Jump to: