Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

7 battles so far at Brettville. Allies fought hard to move across map and now trying to move down from top right, in order to secure that flank ... while at same time struggling to hold back counterattacks across the road from the church.

114Brett.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  435.86 KB
 Viewed:  6519 Time(s)

114Brett.png

Last edited by GameRat on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Allies were initially fortunate to capture half of Hermanville. Then buildings at center of map saw a lot of action as each side gained and lost control several times.
Germans ended up capturing the bottom middle VL to Buron which allowed both sides to move BG's across simultaneously.

Two battles ago, the Germans moved 1./6 Panzer Lehr in from Buron ... and now after the 13th battle here, are threatening to take control of the map.

112Herm.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  504.88 KB
 Viewed:  6515 Time(s)

112Herm.png

Last edited by GameRat on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

After 10 battles at Buron, the Allies are crushed by 1./6 Panzer Lehr, and are removed from map.
Allies have not attacked the map again, due to not having a entry deployment zone with cover available.

97Buron.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  440.1 KB
 Viewed:  6512 Time(s)

97Buron.png

Last edited by GameRat on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Allies fought many tough battles to finally gain control of both right side of map VL's, and have since been able to slowly expand areas of control.
12th battle.

113Lebisey.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  468.03 KB
 Viewed:  6509 Time(s)

113Lebisey.png

Last edited by GameRat on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Extremely intense fighting at Colombelles. Allies have been able to capture factory buildings along the right side of map, but Germans are cycling BG's (in and out) at bottom of map from Bavent ... which regains the ground close to the Allies bottom right VL every time a new BG enters the map.

117Columb.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  441.26 KB
 Viewed:  6505 Time(s)

117Columb.png

Last edited by GameRat on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Allies gained control of the entire Bavent map early in the Campaign. A tough German counter attack pushed them back, and the map has been basically divided down the center ever since.

111Bavent.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  487.33 KB
 Viewed:  6501 Time(s)

111Bavent.png

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Seems a bloody hell for the allies. How are the germans handling the attrition and the airstrikes? I suppose that in those maps the naval bombardments don't reach.

Just in case the modders would correct that, I checked that panzerschreck can shoot from inside buildings, i think is not realistic (IRL the panzerschreck shoot creates  a great flame) and other mods (for example, VetBob Wacht am Rhein or CC4) don't allow to fire panzerschrecks inside buildings.

Meanwhile a way to solve this is an agreement between players, that panzerschrecks only can be placed outside buildings. Panzerfaust, of course, are a very different matter, hehe.

GameRat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:43 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Hi Berger,
In our specific Campaign the Allies are able to advance inland, if they fight hard and take some risks. Steiner's strategy (commanding the German side) has been not overly aggressive ... so I think the German side could have pushed the Allies back more. But he is thinking long game, and not wasting limited resources. Maybe he will comment about this?

The Naval bombardments were renamed to Artillery and, in an abstract way, represent both Naval and Heavy Artillery. It's possible to use them on all maps.
The Airstrikes are unpredictable against Armor, and so far, it seems like there is about a one in ten chance of knocking out a tank/vehicle. And since you don't know the flight path of an Airstrike, it's hard to say what infantry will be hit. And friendly fire is possible if the Air Strike is placed near your own units.
The Allies have more "off board" firepower (Arty, Mortar, Air) ... in order to help give the Allies the capability to advance inland, and thus trying to simulate historical events. Reasoning for this is ... Allies attack into maps from very small deployment zones. And having the threat of an Artillery strike helps keep the Germans from surrounding the Allied incoming attack force with tightly stacked units.

About the Panzerschrecks, it's a good point you make that they shouldn't be allowed to fire from inside buildings.
They are having a big impact in the game against Allied armor, for sure.
The reason I prefer to have them being allowed to fire from inside buildings ... is because I don't think the game simulates very well the Panzerschreck (or Piat/Bazooka) when being fired from in the open. For example, when in the open (road, field, etc) they are constantly looking for cover before setting up to fire ... which can take a long time. Sometimes they keep cycling from seeking cover to setting up, and don't fire.
They should be able to move into a open area beside/behind a tank and fire quickly.
Therefore, I think it's a good compromise to allow them to shoot from inside buildings.

Right now in our GC, 13th on June ... the Allies have landed a second wave of BG's, and have lots of resources moving inland. But, front line Battle Groups need to breakthrough to the next layer of maps in order to fully utilize their potential. And now the German side has at least two powerful Panther BG's at the front line, and Tigers (of 101) recently entered the Strategic map.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:58 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Hi Berger and colonel Gamerat.....sure ill add a few comments.  Very Happy

First off as Gamerat has eluded to...we play with morale off for two reasons...the first is that as Gamerat said with morale off the allies have a way better chance of getting off the beach maps in a timely fashion....with moral on, the allies can get stuck with a german moral break and still have half the map to take....thus taking longer to get off the beachs which is key for the allies. TIME is not the allied friend. german reinforcments are coming with some pretty good units.
im guessing this is what is happened in your GC Berger....the allies were slow off the beachs and that's why you guys are fighting where your fighting and why we are fighting farther inland.

the second reason for fighting with moral off, is that the german BG's if eliminated off a map because of a morale failure and cannot retreat, OR having all there VL's taken will NOT re spawn [ come back on the edge of the strat map on the morning of the next day ] the allies WILL respawn on a beach map. so to make it a bit fairer for the germans we play with moral off.

as Gamerat says the allies have to push HARD to get inland and take some risks....they have at least a 4 to 1 ratio in tanks...plus who knows what ratio in inf...7 to 1? [ this pretty historical to a point ..but the allies did have a problem at some point historically in Normandy with replacing there inf losses ]  so they can afford to take big losses and keep pushing hard. it does take some time for the allies to build up there BG's and there reinforcement BG's tho.
by my calculation....by june 13 or 14th the allies are pretty damn strong and have BG's stacked up behind the front line BG's and the german chances of pushing them into the sea is pretty much gone. [ that's where we are now in our GC BTW ] the germans are also at there peak of max BG's and no more reinforcements by june 13th but its only now at june 13th that the germans have there 2 panther BG's and the 101 Tiger BG to push hard with....these have limited number of cats and get no reinforcement of tanks or men...as does most of the german BG's thru out the GC....so the german is some what fragile in some respects. the germans need to be handled with that in mind...what u have is what u have.
Gamerat is right in respect to my game strategy this GC....I may have been able to push harder as the germans at the beginning of this GC and may have got luky and made some big gains in maps BUT...if I didn't get lucky [ Gamerat is the luckys allied alive.... ] I could take BIG tank losses getting those 3 or 4 maps and then not be able to hold them?

I took the long game approach this time and tried to make the allies pay with 3 to 1 tank losses and higher than that in inf while on the defence on MY TERMS. Gamerat is a wiley and skill full player....he is the master of the last 5 minute attack and ruthless with his FireFlys and 17 PDR a/t guns.....so its been hard....but ive managed to hold him ...more or less at the map line we have now.
now that I have my premier heavy tank BG's at my desposil,  its hard to say what Rommel will do now  Very Happy

the allies do have allot of off board Arty , air and mortars....I don't know how many well planned attacks ive had pounded into ruin from the allied off board arty and planes. [ happened last nite ...sigh ] this helps the allies allot.

I agree with Gamerat on the panzershreak Berger. this is a game and cannot fully be realistic....there has to be some give and take....in this case the panzershreak in CC has always been able to shoot inside a building. in my case im going to say that using my shreaks....im only shooting them from inside buildings...less than a 1/3 of the time. this is hedge row country and they work real well in the hedge rows. that being said...I wouldn't want to change the way shreaks can shoot from buildings...im ok with it. as Gamerat said shreaks and piats have issues when fired in the open and Gamerat has tweaked this game a lot in other areas so that the shreak issue isn't really an issue for game play.

so.....yes.....Oberst Steiner has taken the long game for the most part in his strategy. our game at this point and in all GJS games ...it becomes for the allies a game of attrition and a slugfest...the germans just cant take the long term losses in men and equipment that allies can......if the allies can remain calm and have tea breaks they can win in the long run. if the german can make the allies take 4 to 1 in tank losses they can drive them into the sea....
what Rommel has in mind for Oberst Steiner only time will tell  Cool ....what can be said is the allies may be in for some surprises yet  Very Happy

in the words of Oberst Jochen Peiper.....PANZERS MARCH !!!!!!

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:45 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Vanishing house in upper-left  corner of Bavent map

bavent.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  366.72 KB
 Viewed:  6243 Time(s)

bavent.jpg

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

hi berger....theres an underpass or a breeze way in that house. its always been there...even in the old CC5 GJS. theres weapon pits hidden on this map too.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:12 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

LSA GJS version 9.1 has been added to CCS.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4279

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:16 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.0 GAME RANGER version Reply with quote

Thank you Mooxe for adding this to the download section!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: