Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:55 pm Post subject: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Update Reply with quote

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everyone. Hope you're all doing great!

There hasn't been much activity the past year but CCS will continue to stay online for 2020 and onwards regardless. Still a handful of hardcore players out there and people registering for the site each month. Averaging 100 unique people each day visiting. I am hoping to get more involved in the site again and add mod updates and new files that have been buried in forum posts. The actual website will not see any changes aside from a tweak here and there. It's about to be 16 years old now, changing anything usually breaks something. The Linux server this is hosted on also will not see any changes. In the past I have patched it, but it broke the website. There is very little to no bots posting spam anymore, I think this is due to how old CCS is, and how advanced the bots have become, coupled with much better apps and websites to abuse. CCS is becoming an internet time capsule on an island.

Here are the visitor stats for 2019...

I have retired from the military as of 30 Nov 19 and started with the Ontario Provincial Police (civilian not cop) as of 02 Dec 19. Home a lot more now, which is why I am hoping to renew interest with Close Combat. Really hoping to get about four regulars together to have a 2v2 campaign. Also hoping to continue the grand campaign Loki and I started.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the update and for the efforts to keep this site up.

Happy Christmas and a happy new year to you too Mooxe. - Glad for you to have more time on your hands now after retiring from the military.
Hope you wont be missing it too much;)

- The layout works fine and there is really no need to change anything on the site imo.
Linking in updated mods and so on will probably keep the stream of traffic up as well. - Old CC games will always be played:)

Any need for donations to keep it up?

Thanks.

GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:57 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Thanks  Mooxe
Merry Christmas/Happy New Year to you and everyone at CCS

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:21 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Thanks Mooxe the same to you.

I have to admit that I don't spend much time here anymore but it's great that you keep the page alive, big thanks for that!  Smile

Regards Mats

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Have you ever wondered if Mooxe is the Canadian plural of moose?

Thanks much for all your out-of-pocketables in support of CC. Myself alone have probably accounted for a terrabyte of downloads over the years.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:38 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Thanks for all your work over the years, and good luck in your new career !

8cGb9g8Mi.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.32 KB
 Viewed:  11772 Time(s)

8cGb9g8Mi.jpg

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to everyone!

KG_Loki

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:47 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Happy Holidays Mooxe!

We can scrap our Stalingrad mate. I sent you a PM in discord before I even read this, very interesting what I wrote to you there. and what you stated above.

Take care mate hopefuly we will start a new GC?

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:30 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas and New Year.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:35 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping the site going and the update Mooxe!

Still checking in once and a while....

Best wishes for Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone still hanging out and or stopping by.....

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Merry Cristmas Mooxe and happy new year to you and all you hard core CC guys. its always been a privlage to chat with you guys and play some of you in CC games.
thanks again mooxe for keeping this site up and running. its the CC community go to site for sure.
happy semi retirement mooxe !! im retired myself now...almost 4 years ...love it.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:32 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Happy New Year to all and thank you Mooxe for your continued dedication to keep this site up and running!
Let's get some new mods done in 2020.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Thanks Mooxe and congrats on your retirement!  Appreciate your service as member of NATO.  Any book deal for you in the works about your tours of duty?
And yes would love to see some new mods or conversions of older mods to be compatible with re-releases.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Happy New Year.
I troll around once in awhile.
Thanks for keeping the site open.

Bendit

Rep: 9.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:27 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping the site open. All the best to everyone for New Year.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

All the best to the people of CCS and thanks again to Mooxe for keeping the site alive!

I have also recently installed LSA with GJS. Looking forward to play some short Ops. (GCs are at the moment too big a commitment from my side).

I have also joined the Discord channel, you can find and add me there.

Cheers!

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 pm Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

This is really cool news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:35 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Mooxe, Congratulations on your retirement. Really appreciate you keeping this site up and running. Also look forward to the discussions on issues, but especially the ones having to do with CC.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 am Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2020 & CCS Updat Reply with quote

Belated Xmas/New Year's greets everyone.  Special thanks to Mooxe for keeping this site available and fully functional.  I'm playing with a few maps so hopefully there's life in this old beast yet!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: