Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:29 am Post subject: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

A P51 bombing run.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:35 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Two barrages and that airstrike. Cant help but feel some sympathy for those shell-shocked panzer grenadiers crawling away from battle.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:39 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Camera orbits of the Axis deployment in Troina.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:46 am Post subject: New tracers and arcs Reply with quote

New red-orange-yellow tracers and muted Defend/Ambush arcs.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:26 pm Post subject: Multiple P38 airstrikes Reply with quote

US assault on Brecey. P38s to the rescue at the last minute help achieve a stalemate.

Sneak peek at a couple of dev map visibility options left in the release version.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:44 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Rockeye Flight #2 makes his run...

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:46 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Rockeye #4 closes the door...

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:14 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

What if you took two identical Save game files, Paused in Deploy after pre-battle orders had been issued all around, and let them Fight? Fix the camera to view and record (Win key+G) the expected center of action. Stay hands-off and let the friendly Andy I. duke it out with the enemy A. Indiana. Would they both maintain a rough equilibrium until encountering the same End condition or time limit, at similar moments in real time?

Or would random seeds make them veer off in different outcomes and AI choices?

Two identical Saves play out totally different. The only difference between them was my mouse movements to hover and select various units for info. Oddly, one ended in a mutual Truce without either side showing much morale loss. The other ended in US morale failure shortly before time expired.

Chalk one up for CC:TBF taking the proverbial random walk.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:28 pm Post subject: Panick makes strange bedfellows Reply with quote

GE schutzen ambushing Ami scouts, followed by a grenade duel, concluded by a panicked GE soldat and broken US soldier fleeing together.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:09 pm Post subject: Down and dirty in an MG duel Reply with quote

Second person view of a machine gun duel involving a friendly fire casualty. Needed to low crawl the monkey-in-the-middle unit out of danger.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Several minutes of a 'hard rain'. Red leggin' it never looked so easy.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:57 pm Post subject: Jug gets lucky long Reply with quote

Sometimes its not all bad if your aim is a little off.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Waypoints are now Sequential Orders.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:56 am Post subject: Panic at the Disco Reply with quote

Hiding, cowering, panicked, broken, routed & captured soldiers all have initiative and undergo continuing morale checks. No longer do broken and routed soldiers flee the battlefield regardless. Now they may momentarily respond to an Ambush command, or hide on their own, then recover guts enough to Defend in place or rejoin their unit.

Surrendered soldiers will sometimes seize the opportunity to un-surrender and make a break for friendly lines if their captors lose LOS to them. Very gratifying to see a PoW quit waving his arms, regain his unit icon and rejoin the fight.

1. In the clip below, a PzG mg unit trades fire with a US scout car and Reichel is killed. The US infantry unit accompanying the car goes to ground behind it.

2. Scheel, the surviving man in an AT team, is panicked and, literally, shivering in fear in the lower center, as his action status 'vibrates' between Hiding and No Target.

3. The US infantry unit is briefly seen advancing along the lower side of the hedge.

4. Then, panic being contagious, the gunners in the unit just ahead, Eckhardt and Heinz, also succumb to the shakes. Theyre ordered to Ambush and seem to respond even though theyre both Routed/Hiding.

5. The AI US infantry unit, in a manuever reminiscent of CC2, sneaks up along the hedge and opens fire at close range on the GE unit nearest the hedge. Engels is hit as the opposing units trade casualties and grenades.

6. The US unit shakes off the grenade barrage and puts holes in Ebel and Schaper. The Ami units slips from view.

7. Stiller and Wust swing their mg around, reacquire their target and kill an American with several bursts thru the bushes.

8. Suppressed, Wust quickly repositions further from the hedge as 'Battle Complete' brings the scenario to conclusion.

Just the last 2:30 of a test scenario I happened to be taping. Seven casualties (2 US, 5 GE) counting the GE soldier dying as playback begins. Compelling moments, in retrospect, in a fragment of a random TBF battle.

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:24 am Post subject: Duking it out with Jerry Reply with quote

After immobilizing a Panzer to open battle, I decide that's enough of a day's work and try to hide since he cant come at me. Nice try kid...

Last edited by Jatke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:04 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Dima, is that you?

Why did you delete all the videos?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:09 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Maybe I'm thinking of Stwa?

Who remembers that strange guy who would post mainly CCM with WW2 mod and only ever played the AI and had no interest in playing multiplayer. He would often make really long AAR documenting his games against the AI and then went on a marathon of deleting all his content. I think he was eventually banned for his weird behaviour that was perceived as trolling or spam.
What was his username?

I hope I'm not offending you, I would like to see the video you uploaded but they are all deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Jatke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

My alt acct on Youtube got deleted. I'll get around to re-upping those vids.

Edit: all are back up.

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:28 pm Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

TBF currently lacks an easy way to ID soldiers on the battlefield. In classic CC (pic below) this was accomplished with yellow selection boxes around the soldier sprite and his list entry. TBF's v.1.0.8 beta introduced a dynamic Soldier List - the camera centers on a soldier when that soldier is selected in the list. This is intended to help find separated and routed soldiers. As a workaround for better soldier ID, I replaced the word "Paused" with an underscore ( _ ). That way the game can be paused, toggled to top down view (L key), a soldier selected from the list and marked by the orange underscore.

Jatke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:36 am Post subject: Re: The CC:TBF cinematic experience Reply with quote

Did somebody say TBF looked too much like classic CC in overview? Well, here's TBF minus any UI clutter. Still quite playable via hot key.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First

Jump to: