Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
TRIVIA: Are soldiers credited for killing surrendered troops?

Yes
No
Unsure

Results
Polls

Votes 2822
Comments: 2

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
__Creeper__ - $10.00
07/08/2020

Bazookajoe - $25.00
06/02/2020

Pete - $25.00
04/11/2020

Anonymous - $10.00
03/08/2020

m2carbine - $20.00
02/14/2020

Dima - $25.00
01/26/2020

mikwarleo - $20.00
01/25/2019

0202243 - $10.00
12/04/2018

tycoon1969 - $10.00
07/31/2018

Anonymous - $10.00
06/24/2018

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 Author
HasaniSabbah

Rep: 23.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

JFFulcrum wrote (View Post):
Yeah, now they glorify Cuba, after decades of  blaming and calls for annihilation. 99% that they will return to old track after COVID, cheap two-faced whores.

Very accurate

Desertmouse

Rep: 47.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:34 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Jeez

Didn't think their was much in Cuba to glorify and what's more never been called a whore before

Cool

Antony_nz

Rep: 69.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:43 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Quote:
USA is waaay behind rest of world with rail and energy independence.

US is more than independent as far as energy. It's the #1 producer in the world of oil and natural gas now thanks to someone's intelligent policies. Nothing like not being attached to a ball and chain to unstable Russian/middle eastern sources like Europe currently is and will be for decades to come.

Wind doesn't work, neither is solar a viable alternative to either natural gas/crude oil and even coal puts out energy. china and india have -0- problems using it to power those economies.

It would be nice seeing some kind of rail make a comeback, but it's honestly been on the decline in the states for well over 50y. the government has been heavily subsidizing Amtrack to keep any kind of passenger train transport afloat for how many decades? Subways in big cities the infrastructure is crumbling it's so old, but has been ignored. believe it's the hurry up attitude most young Americans have. I'd be interested to know just how many have been on a train, outside of a subway car.

John, may i ask straight up. Do you believe that global warming is real? As in the scientific consensus Cause/effect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MySpace Profile: http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:57 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):

COVID-19 virus was attributed to restaurant serving Bats.  This market in China is known to sell very high volumes of Bats.  The govt did finally shut it down but too late. Troubling they eat an animal widely known to carry viruses long before the COVID-19 outbreak.  Bats eat anything and everything notorious for carrying all sorts of diseases.  Beyond my comprehension why they would want to eat Bats in very high volumes.  I don't get it why do they eat Bats, to become a vampire maybe?

Not quite. Its attributed to the wild game market in Wuhan. (closed now and hopefully for good.)
I heard a good article about it. Basically, China is a country that during the 70s and particularly the 60s experienced unparalleled mass starvation. The government allowed the trade and distribution of wild and endangered animals.
Since then powerful lobby groups have influenced the government to maintain the law that allows the consumption of wild and rare animals for so called medicinal purposes despite the consumers making an incredible small part of the meat consumer market. Basically a bunch of old billionaires in China are influencing national and governing power because they are rich and believe in magic and or other pseudo scientific beliefs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MySpace Profile: http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/

dj

Rep: 117.4
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:39 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

https://link.theplatform.com/s/rksNhC/9J6QeRP_qP8p?MBR=TRUE&format=redirect&manifest=m3u&format=redirect&Tracking=true&Embedded=true&formats=MPEG4
https://www.msnbc.com/onassignment

Investigation confirmed it was the bats, check out this video...they went straight to the source:  "Outbreak: A State of Denial"

It is believed when they butchered the Bats it came into contact with other animals sold at that market.

HasaniSabbah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:29 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

DJ is correct. This virus has been attributed to Bats and the consumption of. Several other epidemics from recent past also - 1967 Marburg, 1976 Ebola, 1999 Nipah and  2002 SARS. You are what you eat.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:30 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Hey bro.
So I clicked on the MSNBC video. I'm sorry to admit but I actually didn't make it past 1 minute and 45 seconds. The problem is the video started with a loud American tabloid-style voice in conjunction with eerie music and highly cinematic imagery and sound. This and the fact that MSNBC has a history of mixed factual reporting means that I, unfortunately, cant asses the validity of the claims made in the video. Especially when its a highly contentious subject like this.
It may be from bats, but can you provide a more sensible article supporting this? Thanks.

dj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Is there something you are disputing with the video or because MSNBC had maybe one story wrong in the past all of it is invalid now?  Most media outlets get info from same sources.

In this case, take a look at 2:07 about Dr. Lee.  They show the actual document the State police demanded he sign as attempted cover-up when he was the first Doctor to start to notice it was not a flu but new virus outbreak.  Engel gets his sources straight from the Chinese and you can see him talking to them.  Eventually the cover-up didn't work and they had to declare Martial law.  But what perplexes me is why so many Chinese nationals were on international flights right after the outbreak.  2 CDC government screeners at Los Angeles Airport got infected even WITH protection...the source were passengers arriving from China.  And why haven't they deported those people yet?

JFFulcrum

Rep: 46.2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:41 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-teenager-death-california-health-insurance-care-emergency-room-covid-19-a9429946.html  

Quote:
A 17-year-old whose death was initially linked to the novel coronavirus despite not having any previously reported health conditions was denied treatment at a California medical facility over his lack of insurance, according to the mayor.

dj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:35 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

How is everyone doing?  I don't know anyone whom got it thus far.  We are bracing for looting and civil unrest.  Businesses in Los Angeles started boarding up their storefronts.  My freezer is completely full stocked up.  And tons of canned foods.  Could be worse if nuclear winter our canned good may go bad.  And at least relatively easy to find food still.
But good luck if you need rubbing alcohol or personal protective gear such as masks.  Unless you want to take a chance and order the ones made in China?  No thanks.

Desertmouse

Rep: 47.7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Greetings dj from sunny UK
Glad to hear you are ok. no shops boarded up but we have polite notices in windows explaining why they are shut (very English) and a few inbred feral kids running around spitting at coppers saying we have the virus -thick as sh#t
Are you still managing to work?
Luckily I am gardener/woodland manager so I don't see many people at the best of times
Keep well and your family safe

Dave

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 83
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Hi dj from Autumn Australia

I'm off work for a few weeks (paid leave  Very Happy ) using the time to catch up on house maintenance  Sad  and games (The Long Dark)
We did a big shop a few weeks ago to prepare and are mostly stocked up, just trying not to eat it all in the first week!

Cheers and wash your hands  Cool

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:14 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Well, we in Russia finally in lockdown too, and it about to extend to second week. Many just don`t give a shit about quarantine, continuing to walk, shopping, travels, visits and so on, so fines was greatly increased and police placed road checkpoints between regions. My job is still secured, but many of our clients got troubles, some ceased businesses at all. Shops replenished stocks of goods, but if lockdown will last for month, we likely will be back into USSR of 80`s. Last day the largest tobacco factory was closed by authorities with words "It is not an essential goods!".

TV constantly shows our planes landing in US with help, which i`m cosidered a total mistake:
1. Several planes unlikely will help to change situation
2. Unlikely it will make relations better. Iron rule 'Service already provided - costs nothing' always in place.
3. And it doesn`t matters, how bad is a situation, professional 'fighters for freedom' will blame us even if they should make their way to tribune on corpses. China is already got a lesson: https://www.gizchina.com/2020/03/26/huawei-will-lower-its-efforts-to-help-europe-with-covid-19/  . Generally, it all looks not like a gesture of help, but a gesture of slap, for one with gratitude will be ten with anger. Supplies better be preserved, if situation worsen more, it will be needed in our own distant regions. US is biggest economy in world and can produce anything with great numbers, if had political will to do it https://www.barrons.com/articles/new-york-gov-cuomo-wants-federal-government-to-command-supplies-of-ventilators-and-masks-51584915722

HasaniSabbah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:44 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

TV constantly shows our planes landing in US with help, which i`m cosidered a total mistake:
1. Several planes unlikely will help to change situation
2. Unlikely it will make relations better. Iron rule 'Service already provided - costs nothing' always in place.
3. And it doesn`t matters, how bad is a situation, professional 'fighters for freedom' will blame us even if they should make their way to tribune on corpses. China is already got a lesson: https://www.gizchina.com/2020/03/26/huawei-will-lower-its-efforts-to-help-europe-with-covid-19/  . Generally, it all looks not like a gesture of help, but a gesture of slap, for one with gratitude will be ten with anger. Supplies better be preserved, if situation worsen more, it will be needed in our own distant regions. US is biggest economy in world and can produce anything with great numbers, if had political will to do it https://www.barrons.com/articles/new-york-gov-cuomo-wants-federal-government-to-command-supplies-of-ventilators-and-masks-51584915722[/quote]

What's the saying no good deed goes unpunished. Putin's effects to gain brownie points won't be remembered but looked upon in suspicion and accusation.

I hope for the best for all of you at this time.

dj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Glad to hear everyone thus far is doing well.  Keep away from the zombies, yes hordes of dumb people out and about ignoring social distance guidelines.  Still have my job in Tech business, already been working remotely for past 10 years.  Occasionally go to local office or travel to events but we are not allowed to travel any more not even to our own offices.  Clients are sandbagging nobody is buying unless they have to and very difficult to reach people unless calls routed to home offices.  

Is it true about the rumors Putin let lions out of zoo on purpose to scare people to stay home?  And rumors keep persisting about what REALLY happened in China.  We know that China is notorious for censorship even on social media.  Last I heard is that it might have been chemical warfare experiment that went wrong.  Like the viral equivalent of Chernoybyl.
And I am extremely suspicious of why such a large number of Chinese nationals flew to USA and Europe in January.  Whatever they are reporting about casualties is probably a lie or they just don't know.  And very well could have been military accident.

Great job the Captain of the Roosevelt aircraft carrier did to sacrifice his career to save his men from catastrophe.  That is one of worst possible places for virus outbreak with the exception of a submarine.  
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/us/politics/coronavirus-aircraft-carrier-theodore-roosevelt.html

dj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

DIY videos for masks
http://ashtonmichael.com/pages/mask/

HasaniSabbah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Is it true about the rumors Putin let lions out of zoo on purpose to scare people to stay home?

I would suggest it's as real as the first anti viral suit were worn by the KKK.

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:12 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it true about the rumors Putin let lions out of zoo on purpose to scare people to stay home?

That was a fake, using old video from South Afrika

Quote:
And I am extremely suspicious of why such a large number of Chinese nationals flew to USA and Europe in January.

There are easier explanations. Here is what was a probable cause of outbreak in Italy - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-sweatshop-insight-idUSBRE9BS04D20131229  . Guess that was a lot of such 'sweatshops' elsewhere.

Quote:
Great job the Captain of the Roosevelt aircraft carrier did to sacrifice his career to save his men from catastrophe.

Yeah, Capt. Crozier (can`t avoid to make an allusion on great Simmons book 'Terror'....) was the real man, let`s hope he will recover from COVID himself - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/navy-captain-removed-from-carrier-tests-positive-for-covid-19/ar-BB12c4ip  . What is hiding behind all that scandal, is that all other US carrier fleet was also hit by COVID and now mostly inoperational.

Also, it will be funny, how the consumer society will behave in situation after lockdown, where they will just have not enough to consume, in both goods and money - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/global-food-shortages-heres-why-grocery-stores-dont-have-what-you-want/ar-BB121dbl

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 83
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:36 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

[quote]
Also, it will be funny, how the consumer society will behave in situation after lockdown, where they will just have not enough to consume, in both goods and money - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/global-food-shortages-heres-why-grocery-stores-dont-have-what-you-want/ar-BB121dbl  

Isnt it amazing just how little stuff we actually NEED?

Admittedly I am simply delaying some purchases until later, but honestly how much unnecessary crap did people buy just because they could?

dj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:07 am Post subject: Re: What's happen in the USA Reply with quote

Quote:
And I am extremely suspicious of why such a large number of Chinese nationals flew to USA and Europe in January.

There are easier explanations. Here is what was a probable cause of outbreak in Italy - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-sweatshop-insight-idUSBRE9BS04D20131229  . Guess that was a lot of such 'sweatshops' elsewhere.

Quote:
Great job the Captain of the Roosevelt aircraft carrier did to sacrifice his career to save his men from catastrophe.

Yeah, Capt. Crozier (can`t avoid to make an allusion on great Simmons book 'Terror'....) was the real man, let`s hope he will recover from COVID himself - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/navy-captain-removed-from-carrier-tests-positive-for-covid-19/ar-BB12c4ip  . What is hiding behind all that scandal, is that all other US carrier fleet was also hit by COVID and now mostly inoperational.

It takes a lot of cash to fly all the way to USA from China, some of these travelers knew of the outbreak I would assume via social networks and tried to flee.  Same thing here people were desperate to flee New York and too late they just spread it more. China already got caught trying to cover-up and silence Dr. Lee.  Who knows what else they are lying about we haven't found out about yet about the virus.  I'm thinking the Bat story could have been cover story for Military accident.  The Soviet Union also accused China of Military Warfare accident in the late 80's on 2 separate occasions - according to Kanatjan Alibekov.  

Yes good point about the Carrier outbreak.  One reason why Influenza pandemic of 1918 spread so easily was due to military forces being in close quarters really impossible to avoid exposure, unless 100% quarantine and testing.  And even then still can be spread via other sources.  Plus some people carry anti-bodies and did not show symptoms.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Jump to: