Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:55 pm Post subject: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

I started a small project with PITF to increase all vehicle speeds and rotation rates. As they were all WAY too slow.
Because of a bug the maximum speed of any vehicle ingame is just 9kph, out the box its way lower than that.

The gun data for some MGs was the next target. -Increasing Infantry survivability..

Then it kind of took off from there into elements modding, importing GtC explosions and the better quality vehicles.
In the process the game even started to be fun to play - something I never found it to be out of the box.

I made the Grille and the M8 HMC capable of indirect fire, - meaning same mechanics as mortar fire.
They still have direct fire capability, but on the battlefield these were really fire-support weapons.

The project continues...

Grille battery.jpg
 Description:
Grille battery ready to fire on enemy assembly area.
 Filesize:  55.05 KB
 Viewed:  14139 Time(s)

Grille battery.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:58 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Sounding good!!!

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Nice Effort!

Yes, Grille was indeed a self propelled artillery and was used in indirect fire. But, I recommend also tweaking and increasing the minimum firing distance, while converting from direct fire.

With big maps of new releases, it will be nice to use that way.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I hope you will enjoy it when the time comes for an upload.

- To Ke_mechial: - Yes, I have tweaked the minimum firing distance for indirect fire - I think I set it to 200m... - Seems to be working OK so far.
With the slow reload even with 150mm caliber the Grille is not a super weapon. - Whats devastating is when it is presighted and an infantry attack comes along:D
- Whats really cool is that the AI uses it quite effective , just like it does with mortars.

Having both direct and indirect means double ammunition load on board, but its really not a problem as the Grille in direct mode has so low survivability.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:01 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

New Panzerkampfwagen II ausf.L "Luchs".

luchs-2.jpg
 Description:
Panzerkampfwagen II ausf.L "Luchs"
 Filesize:  13.58 KB
 Viewed:  14072 Time(s)

luchs-2.jpg

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

So you mean my precious Grille's may survive more than one battle?

It is fairly obvious that with such little protection that they were designed for more than a direct fire role.

Good work ScnelleMeyer!

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:34 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
So you mean my precious Grille's may survive more than one battle?

It is fairly obvious that with such little protection that they were designed for more than a direct fire role.

Good work ScnelleMeyer!

Thanks buddy!

Lol - The survive rate depend on you, as always Schmal:D - But the foundation for it is now in the data;)

Historically speaking the Grille was a replacement for the towed 150mm Schweres Infanterie Geschutz in the schweres Infanteriegeschütz Companies (9.Kompanie) within the Panzergrenadier Regiments of Panzer and Panzergrenadier divisions.

What do people think of the Luchs ? Better or worse than the original ?  - Whats bad/good with it?

Last edited by ScnelleMeyer on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

That is a good idea.

I tried the same for the Howitzer and the AT_Guns for Wacht Am Rhein but all they would do is continuously rotate.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

I don't know whats going on with that without seeing the data.
What values did you change ?

Was your goal to make them fire indirect or increasing rotation and speed ?

The lowest Hull rotation rate I used is 5, but I dont recall any problems with vehicles just rotating during testing.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:20 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Tinkering some more with vehicles.
Kubelwagen is up. - Maybe not the most used vehicle in the game, but this was mostly a test of using Blender for rendering out 2D images.
The stock Kubelwagen in GtC/Pitf is in an oversized scale compared to the tanks, so I have made 2 versions: 1 in stock kubelwagen scale and one in 10px pr.meter scale like the tanks are.

Here it is compared to the stock version and the smaller version side by side.

Kubel comparison.png
 Description:
Kubelwagen update comparison
 Filesize:  5.01 KB
 Viewed:  13750 Time(s)

Kubel comparison.png

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:19 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

No.... its an old weird problem of threads sometimes dissapearing. Not deleted though.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:41 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Improving PITF continues - Allied vehicles are up for a makeover.

The stock and remade M20 Armoured car :

Compare with original zoomed in.png
 Description:
Detailed view
 Filesize:  9.66 KB
 Viewed:  11264 Time(s)

Compare with original zoomed in.png

M20 AC Comparison with original.png
 Description:
Game size
 Filesize:  6.05 KB
 Viewed:  11264 Time(s)

M20 AC Comparison with original.png

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

New M21 Mortar Carrier and a Sherman M4A1 76mm version.

The stock game never gave the US side any 81mm mortar units at all. I corrected this by adding in M21 Mortar platoons for Armoured infantry Battalions.
Need to do more research on US TOE, but I think there was some carriers in the tank units as well.

M21 Mortar carrier and M4A1 76mm.png
 Description:
Firepower
 Filesize:  74.76 KB
 Viewed:  11226 Time(s)

M21 Mortar carrier and M4A1 76mm.png

benvandumpelen

Rep: 4.4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Hi, so how did the Grille and other stuff remoding go? I liked your changes that you described

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Woke up this mod and are now updating the stratmap images to something I find more pleasing to the eyes.

Strat map icons.png
 Description:
Some examples
 Filesize:  1.62 MB
 Viewed:  7195 Time(s)

Strat map icons.png

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Outstanding work, Scnellemeyer.

Can you fix the rank uniforms (collar patches, waffenbarbe, epaulettes, etc) to look as GtC rank uniforms?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:02 pm Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

Thanks Berger!
Replacing the rank gadgets was a good idea for another upgrade! Its being done, thanks!

dvphimself

Rep: 12.2
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:40 am Post subject: Re: GtC vehicles and indirect fire Grille Reply with quote

The sprites look fantastic, great work! I would love to see a Lloyd carrier with the stupid canvas roof pulled back. It's a super cool pint-sized tank but the way it's drawn it looks like Solid Snake moving around in a cardboard box. They don't depict any of the halftracks with their canopies pulled over... It was a time saver for the design team maybe but ripe for a talented modder. Wink, nudge.

Also, a totally different kettle of fish because of how many frames of sprite you'd need, but the soldiers are becoming such a contrast to the rest of the sprites, and in particular the effects.azp. Visually, everything was updated in the 32bit games except the soldiers. Pre-rendered 3d soldier models (or even digital video of reenactors over greenscreen) used to make 2d sprites in an FMV style would be amazing in the 32 bit titles.

*******************Sergeant Darling's Victoria Cross******************

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: