Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

My first impression: EXCELLENT WORK!

This mod is very refined, well-researched, educational, and has a 'complete' feel, ala GJS or Bloody Omaha.
Maps are original and challenging to play on. African theater has been mostly ignored by the Normandy-centric games.
Little things like custom weapon graphics, sounds, voices, ranks, etc add novelty and re-play value.
AI (Germans) is very aggressive...on par with some 'vet mods' I've played.

Haven't had any major crashes so far, and I haven't played on many maps with lots of buildings, so I'm not getting the negativity about them yet.
All in all, 4.5/5 so far. I'll post a complete review when I'm done.

One question:  Where are the voices from? Other games or versions of CC? (I love the cursing and 'adult' language!)

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:11 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Uberdave wrote (View Post):
One question:  Where are the voices from? Other games or versions of CC? (I love the cursing and 'adult' language!)

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Hi,

German, British and American voices are from Company of Heroes. Italian - from Afrika 40 mod. French - from Meuse Crossing 1940 mod.

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:20 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

ok, I've never played CoH...cool!   Very Happy

alienzombie101

Rep: 17.2
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Wow. This mod looks sick! Can't wait to boot it up!

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:19 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Just wanted to give some feedback on campaigns.  Grand campaign seems to have issues when you play as Axis vs Allied AI.  Totally unplayable.  However when I play one of the smaller campaigns, the last stand of Tunisia as Axis vs Allied AI...it performed far better.  Really is difficult to play as Axis vis Allied AI.  Thanks again for this great mod.

TWJunky

Rep: 24.3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

I would love to see this mode get ported to a newer version of cc (LSA, PitF, GtC) as i am of the opinion that they are the better platforms.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:42 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

I grabbed this back in 2016 and when I built my new computer a couple years ago didn't reinstall it right away.

So I forgot I had it until this weekend when I found it my CC TLD Mods download folder. It installed fine and I've now started a GC. Thanks Dfox!

I posted about the mod in the Matrixgames Close Combat TLD forum as there was nothing on the site about the mod release that I found.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:44 am Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

TWJunky wrote (View Post):
I would love to see this mode get ported to a newer version of cc (LSA, PitF, GtC) as i am of the opinion that they are the better platforms.

The newer CC Games have a lot of changes in the files (data, graphics) and it is much harder to move a mod from WAR/TLD to them than from CC5 to WAR/TLD.

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:11 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

You can play H2H the tunisia mod with radmin.

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:40 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The newer CC Games have a lot of changes in the files (data, graphics) ...
You can tell from the setup of the PitF and GtC unit data files how Steve was preparing for the TBF rewrite. He's got an obsession for small unit OOBs and must have every WW2 book Osprey ever published Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: